Disney Dream transatlantic October 20 2024

So is that whole area concierge, even the loungers facing off the ship (where I spend every day)?
It looks like this only takes up the starboard side, so there should still be loungers in the adult area on the port side and front side of satelite falls. Haven't seen for sure, but that would make sense based on these photos.

Theme park express posted on twitter pictures from, Afterall Travel Blog and Brian Nurick, but not sure if they are from instagram Looks like you can no longer do a full loop around Satellite Falls according to Theme park express. .

I agree, it looks like you won't be able to walk a loop. I wish they'd move the smoking area to the starboard side where there is now (likely) an area but a dead-end. I hate having to walk past it when you go up the steps to that deck. Now you'll have to walk past it to get to satelite falls.

I agree, it looks like you won't be able to walk a loop. I wish they'd move the smoking area to the starboard side where there is now (likely) an area but a dead-end. I hate having to walk past it when you go up the steps to that deck. Now you'll have to walk past it to get to satelite falls.
That will really stink if we now have to go by the smoking area to get to satelite falls. It is my favorite place on the Dream and Fantasy. On the new ships and now the Dream they seem to be taking away adult only spaces for non-concierge cruisers.

That will really stink if we now have to go by the smoking area to get to satelite falls. It is my favorite place on the Dream and Fantasy. On the new ships and now the Dream they seem to be taking away adult only spaces for non-concierge cruisers.
Agree, it is our favorite place on deck too. It is sad Disney is marginalizing the non-concierge cruisers, especially at the prices we pay.

Agree, it is our favorite place on deck too. It is sad Disney is marginalizing the non-concierge cruisers, especially at the prices we pay.
I would argue some of the changes to the Dream even short change concierge cruisers. Adding 24 rooms is really going to impact the chances at scoring a cabana and I cannot wrap my mind around paying concierge prices for DCL (with the extremely limited perks they have as is) and then getting a room on Deck 10? With all that lovely early morning chair scraping as they set up... I mostly book VGT and even then the only rooms I don't want are deck 10 (and I have sadly been given them a number of times).

Plus if a concierge family has an 11-17 year old they just got shoved into a club that has now been split into two vs the one age group it was made for. Lovely. This is short changing guests all around IMO.

11-14 year olds are in Edge, and 14-17 is in Vibe. Are you saying both groups meet in the same space?
It appears they took the space that was originally just made for Vibe and added a wall splitting the area in two, with Edge getting half and Vibe now reduced in size by half.

I am unsure how they are entering the space. I bet the "secret" entrance on Deck 5 is now a dedicated entrance to one and the stair entrance and rainbow hall is now for the other but again this is just a guess based on how it is set up.

It is becoming clearer and clearer that DCL does not care about kids over the age of 10. Look at how little they designed on Lookout Cay for that age. No Pelican Plunge type area (that splash pad is geared much younger and parents will throw a fit if teens are climbing all over it). No in Da Shade or Teen Hideout (frequently taken over by Edge) like at Castaway. And the space at both Edge and Vibe on the Wish class was a big step down from the Dream and Fantasy (but with this new update the only decent sized space for them is on the Fantasy until her drydock). My son ages out in March but my heart is sad that this is the direction DCL is going in just so they could add in an overpriced Funnel Suite.

As a “Never Concierge” I am happy with what’s left of Satellite falls. The funky pool is still available! This is the Concierge side that is visible through clear glass.

Attachments

• IMG_1127.jpeg
    IMG_1127.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 42
That is correct. You can’t do a loop. But still a nice serene part of the ship. And there is a Me I am place on the pool deck. Haven’t tried it yet.

Fewer items on the Room Service menu (I think). Will post later. Food seems a bit better? Ship is VERY clean and bright!

I have been shown that our cabin on Deck 8 has new wall coverings, new carpet, a new headboard and new carpet! Been 2 years since my last cruise so i didn’t notice . . NOW I do!

Oh, and a new bed! Will see if I can find out what brand of mattress. I slept REALLY well . . .

Last edited:
My parents are onboard right now, and my mom was kind enough to take some pics and send them to me. These are all of pics from outside the new concierge area. Most are on the port side going forward to Satellite Falls. One pic looking into concierge from starboard by Currents. It appears that the smoking section is still on the port side, so yes, you need to walk past it to get to Satellite Falls.1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest