***Official Planning Thread -DECEMBER 2024 - Welcome all!***

Finally reached Day 60 and was able to make our first dining reservation this morning! We are having a late breakfast at Boma the morning after we arrive. Now, because of the split stay (AOA/POP), I have to wait until tomorrow morning to make the rest, but I'm super excited that we've finally gotten to this point!
I have 2 more days to go and hoping they don’t mess up enchanted extras for 12/30 (have been a mess historically). It’s exhausting to be up late and then early am (we’re in a different time zone as well).

We’re hoping to book the sleigh ride (closed 12/24) and horseback riding. Maybe the Up close with Rhinos (or Gentle Giants tour). Our AK day is 60+1 and 60+4, so not too hopeful. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is on the list but our DD has sensory issues (not sure if she will be able to handle it). It was a must do every year when our teen was younger.

Hi! No deluxe extended hours for 12/30, but I think maybe parks are open later that day and 12/31? So I think we have them all up for the month of December. What a great month with Animal Kingdom offered, right? Enjoy everyone!

Hi All! Add us to the list! Dec. 20-Jan 1 - Beach Club.

This is our fourth Christmas - New Year trip. We love it this time of year!

ADR opened for me this am. Got everything I wanted zero tech issues. Even booked Starlight Safari at AKL Kidani, Cabana at BC, and Fireworks cruise MK.

So excited to join all of you!

Hi! No deluxe extended hours for 12/30, but I think maybe parks are open later that day and 12/31? So I think we have them all up for the month of December. What a great month with Animal Kingdom offered, right? Enjoy everyone!
I think both Epcot and Mk will stay open late on 12/31 (if MK hits capacity they will divert crowds to Epcot). On 12/30 Epcot closed at 9:30 last year. We really wanted to take a mid day break on 12/30. Hoping the hours are a sign they don’t expect MK to hit capacity on 12/30.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/december2023.cfm

Dining will open tomorrow but we switched Mk and will go to AK on 12/25 (favorite ride FOP). Since we’re at the Poly we might go to MK for a few hours in the morning to just do a VQ. We are not rope drop people and will definitely be taking mid day breaks.

Not sure if 12/30 Dessert party is being released at midnight tonight like it should be. If we do end up doing it, it will be the pre party and dinner at CRT. Maybe BBB for our 5 year old (sensory issues so have to watch more videos and cancel if necessary). If it’s anything like 2022, even LL will have 40+ min waits. We waited 45-55 mins for the people mover.

Forgot all about our cruise and port adventures need to be booked 12/29!!! Thankfully it’s our resort day and we’re just looking for beach transfer and maybe some water sports on castaway (kids didn’t like onboard simulated sports). Shouldn’t be too bad and I glad the Princess Gathering is not on the same day.

Last edited:
Hi All! Add us to the list! Dec. 20-Jan 1 - Beach Club.

This is our fourth Christmas - New Year trip. We love it this time of year!

ADR opened for me this am. Got everything I wanted zero tech issues. Even booked Starlight Safari at AKL Kidani, Cabana at BC, and Fireworks cruise MK.

So excited to join all of you!
did you book the 12/31 fireworks cruise? I thought about it vs dessert party (dessert party would be around $415 vs cruise $450 for our party of 5). The view from the lagoon looks great. Does it follow the ADR schedule for booking?

Last edited:
Booked our dining this morning and no issues getting anything we wanted, at almost the exact times I had planned for. It took me four minutes in the app and I was done.

Let's hope LLMP and LLSP go that well haha

Hi all! Our 2nd trip around Christmas time (and my son's birthday Dec 7th) We are staying Dec 4th-8th at Disney's Beach Club. 2nd time staying at Beach Club but the first time there at Christmas. Loved all the Christmas Decor last time and can't wait to be there again. Probably our last Christmas time trip for awhile as my son will be going to HS next year and hard to pull him out of school and with sports.

did you book the 12/31 fireworks cruise? I thought about it vs dessert party (dessert party would be around $415 vs cruise $450 for our party of 5). The view from the lagoon looks great. Does it follow the ADR schedule for booking?

Hi...Booked 12/27 - we have other plans for NYE. I had done this one before and I like it better than the EPCOT fireworks cruise. It follows the normal ADR schedule for booking - but this morning nothing was available at 7am through WDW PLAY - I tried again at 8am and they were available.

Hi all! Our 2nd trip around Christmas time (and my son's birthday Dec 7th) We are staying Dec 4th-8th at Disney's Beach Club. 2nd time staying at Beach Club but the first time there at Christmas. Loved all the Christmas Decor last time and can't wait to be there again. Probably our last Christmas time trip for awhile as my son will be going to HS next year and hard to pull him out of school and with sports.

Welcome! You are on the list!

Gaaarggghhh!!!!

I didn't know you could make reservations for the Space 220 lounge!!! I just realized it today and absolutely zero times are available our entire trip. Bummer.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest