***Official January 2025 Thread***

We are staying WL CL Jan 1-7! First time CL. Rather excited ☺️
ETA: We were at BRV, with dining plan. But pricing it out for our family it made more sense to move to CL and drop the dining plan when a CL room became available.
Yay! Your information has been updated!

While I not-so-patiently wait for Disney to announce the skyliner refurbishment dates ... does anyone have any advice on if I should switch resorts if the skyliner is closed for my stay?

We are currently booked at CBR in a 5th sleeper. Two adults and two kids (7 and 9) but wanted the 5th sleeper for more options in sleeping arrangements. We have a pretty good discount at the moment (the room discount is minimal, but lets us put the Canadian resident tickets as part of the package, and that's a big savings.)

We stayed at POFQ two years ago and really liked it except for the limited dining options.

I could switch to a POR 5th sleeper for about the same price, or CSR standard room for a bit of a savings. POFQ is not available with a discount, so it would be quite a bit more.

I think I would prefer CBR over Riverside even without the skyliner - to try something new, plus more dining options at CBR. But should I consider CSR? Or any other options in a similar price range I might be overlooking?
Not sure how much this helps, but this is how we usually decide:

--First, we tend to follow the money. So, if there is a cheaper option, that usually wins out.
--Second, if costs are similar or don't matter, then we look to see if there is something new we can try.
--Third, if costs or trying something new don't matter, then we look at the pools, theming, and food. Is one resort more appealing than another? Are the food options something we would actually eat? Does the atmosphere seem fun and exciting to us?

For us, the skyliner, monorail, or other transportation options are not dealbreakers. However, they might be for other families.

We recently had a similar conversation about these same moderate resorts, so I totally get it! For our family, our preferences (with teenagers) kind of landed at POR first, then POFQ/CBR, then CSR. We've stayed at all these resorts over ten years ago, when our children were about your children's ages now. Oddly enough, they don't really remember staying at CBR or CSR or POFQ, but they still talk about and want to go back to POR. The 5th sleeper pull down with Louis on it at the POR Bayou buildings was just something that stuck in their mind! However, don't let this sway you, because every family is different and you never know what will appeal to your specific children! I like showing my family pictures of the rooms, dining options, and pools to see their reactions and guide our decisions. The good news is, you really can't go wrong with any of these options!

With your situation, I would personally remove POFQ because you've already been there, and there is no discount. I like your reasoning about CBR over Riverside (i.e., skyliner potential and it's new to you--however, extra dining only matters if it's cuisine your family will eat). I'm not sure CSR would add anything more than CBR or Riverside could get you, aside from savings.

Also, we personally love the value resorts! If you like extra space, All-Star Music has a family suite, as well as Art of Animation.

Hopefully, I didn't make this harder for you! Don't overthink it, and know that, usually, your first pick is a good gut instinct! However, part of the fun of any Disney vacation is researching and planning and re-researching and re-planning, haha!

I’ll be there with my husband & two sons, 21 & 24, from 1/4-1/10. We currently have a 1 bedroom booked at BWV but thinking the space might not be enough for us, I also have two rooms booked at the Dolphin for the same price (alcove king with connecting 2 double room). Both booked with AP discounts. We need to make a final decision so I can cancel one. I’m thinking the two bathrooms and three beds outweigh the true Disney resort, balcony & laundry, especially in January.

Anxiously waiting for park hours and skylines dates!

I’ll be there with my husband & two sons, 21 & 24, from 1/4-1/10. We currently have a 1 bedroom booked at BWV but thinking the space might not be enough for us, I also have two rooms booked at the Dolphin for the same price (alcove king with connecting 2 double room). Both booked with AP discounts. We need to make a final decision so I can cancel one. I’m thinking the two bathrooms and three beds outweigh the true Disney resort, balcony & laundry, especially in January.

Anxiously waiting for park hours and skylines dates!
Welcome! You've been added (I used BWV as your hotel, but 2 rooms at the Dolphin would be hard to pass up! If anything changes, let me know, and I can update it)!

Hopefully, I didn't make this harder for you! Don't overthink it, and know that, usually, your first pick is a good gut instinct! However, part of the fun of any Disney vacation is researching and planning and re-researching and re-planning, haha!
It's helpful to hear how other families decide, thank you for the detailed response!

Agreed that so much of the fun is in the planning - maybe that's my biggest problem, my planning is more or less on hold until the skyliner closure is announced.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest