***Official Planning Thread -DECEMBER 2024 - Welcome all!***

Likely staying in the GDT at Coronado Springs with MVMCP on Thursday Dec. 5th. We plan to take it easy this trip, but at the same time these days should allow us to enjoy all our favorite things. We are really looking forward to it.

Change of plans--now staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, still Dec. 2nd-Dec. 8th, with MVMCP on Thursday Dec. 5th. Really looking forward to seeing how AKL is decorated for the holidays! And crossing fingers we are able to score a partial savanna view (I asked nice, I hope it comes to fruition!), but it will be an enjoyable resort for us all the same.

Change of plans--now staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, still Dec. 2nd-Dec. 8th, with MVMCP on Thursday Dec. 5th. Really looking forward to seeing how AKL is decorated for the holidays! And crossing fingers we are able to score a partial savanna view (I asked nice, I hope it comes to fruition!), but it will be an enjoyable resort for us all the same.

Updated!

It's our first time staying there! Very excited. :D

From the Disney Parks Blog announcement:

"Here’s what’s included with your meal:
  • At Spice Road Table: 2 small plates, a shared tagine, a shared dessert platter and a nonalcoholic beverage (or alcoholic beverage for Guests 21 and older)
  • At Other Participating Restaurants: An entrée and dessert, or a full buffet (where applicable)—as well as a nonalcoholic beverage (or alcoholic beverage for Guests 21 and older)"
The list of restaurants:

Biergarten Restaurant
Chefs de France
Coral Reef Restaurant
Garden Grill Restaurant
La Crêperie de Paris
La Hacienda de San Angel
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Nine Dragons Restaurant
Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue
(same-day dining packages only)
Rose & Crown Dining Room
Shiki-Sai: Sushi Izakaya
Spice Road Table
Teppan Edo
Tutto Italia Ristorante
Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria

No prices yet, which is frustrating. I'm hoping for Biergarten - I like the menu at Spice Road Table but it doesn't seem like quite enough food after a full day of walking? Especially for the price ($55 last year, probably more this year).
We have reservations at Biergarten so I’m hoping to change it to a candlelight res!!! I’m happy it’s included I was worried it wouldn’t be

I am getting antsy about booking our dining on Monday. We aren't interested in the Candlelight Processional dining package...is it going to be difficult to book just a regular dinner at one of the Epcot restaurants, no package?

We won't be able to do the new premier pass, but do plan on doing LLMP and LLSP...do you guys think it will be very hard to get additional times on our park days?

Also, one more question...I see special menu items at places for Halloween. Are those only for during the Halloween party? So, any special menu items I see when the Christmas menus come out, are those only during the Christmas party and Jollywood nights hours? Or if there is, for example, a special "Halloween Party" sandwich that is currently available at Pizzerizzo, is that there all day, like for lunch?

I"m so anxious, we have never been during Christmas. We check in December 20th. We are doing AK morning/Epcot afternoon evening 12/21, Hollywood Studios 12/22, and Magic Kingdom 12/23. We check out on Christmas Eve.

Thank you!

I am getting antsy about booking our dining on Monday. We aren't interested in the Candlelight Processional dining package...is it going to be difficult to book just a regular dinner at one of the Epcot restaurants, no package?

We won't be able to do the new premier pass, but do plan on doing LLMP and LLSP...do you guys think it will be very hard to get additional times on our park days?

Also, one more question...I see special menu items at places for Halloween. Are those only for during the Halloween party? So, any special menu items I see when the Christmas menus come out, are those only during the Christmas party and Jollywood nights hours? Or if there is, for example, a special "Halloween Party" sandwich that is currently available at Pizzerizzo, is that there all day, like for lunch?

I"m so anxious, we have never been during Christmas. We check in December 20th. We are doing AK morning/Epcot afternoon evening 12/21, Hollywood Studios 12/22, and Magic Kingdom 12/23. We check out on Christmas Eve.

Thank you!

Dining - I'm not sure but unless it's a super popular restaurant I don't think you will have problems.

Pass - the newest pass is so expensive and so limited it shouldn't affect wait times at all. At least during this pilot period.

Some special items for Christmas will be available all day and some will be party exclusive. So kind of have to wait until menus come out and they will specify.

:D

Thank you!
I just looked at the weekend I’m going in early December, and there’s still decent dining availability at Epcot. Le Cellier and Space 220 are unavailable, Teppan Edo only had a late seating left, but the others were all open especially if you can be flexible about time. I think you’ll be fine especially if you hop on right when your booking window opens!

Thanks y'all. Le Cellier is specifically what we would like, but, we have a backup plan of Garden Grill. Fingers crossed. I'll be on to reserve as soon as my booking window opens Monday morning.

I currently have a Fantasmic dining package reserved for our trip. When I booked it, it said it was for "Fantasmic-First Show". I assumed that they always say this even if only one show is scheduled in case they add a second show. However, I see now in MDE that there actually is a second show scheduled for that date. Does anyone know if they ever drop the second show once it's on the schedule? If we can count on a second show, I plan to drop the dining package. I may wait until a couple weeks out and see if the second show is still listed, but I wondered if anyone knew if they ever drop shows from the schedule.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest