WONDERous adventures on the Panama Canal - 4/23/17

Wow, some are sold out already. I was hoping for a Star Wars one. Didn't see one. :(
Yes, some are already sold out, but there are only princesses and frozen. Star Wars are only on Star Wars day at sea. I think some of us are secretly hoping that they surprise us with some Star Wars on May the 4th. :)

Hopefully all platinum/gold know that you can now book character breakfast and meets online as that opened up yesterday.

Thanks for the heads up! So much for Disney doing what they said they would and notifying us when they were available. Were some showing sold out yesterday?

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up! So much for Disney doing what they said they would and notifying us when they were available. Were some showing sold out yeaterday?
I only looked at the character breakfast and I think there were 3 days maybe that had it? Earliest time I saw was 7:45 and it went until 9 or 9:30. We're not into the character meet and greets since we aren't traveling with kids and left those tickets for families. The only reason we signed up for breakfast is it's VIP characters and we usually have the Jr. ones so the change will be nice. I think the sold out thing was happening even before they released it to us for booking and that may be concierge holding things.

I only looked at the character breakfast and I think there were 3 days maybe that had it? Earliest time I saw was 7:45 and it went until 9 or 9:30. We're not into the character meet and greets since we aren't traveling with kids and left those tickets for families. The only reason we signed up for breakfast is it's VIP characters and we usually have the Jr. ones so the change will be nice. I think the sold out thing was happening even before they released it to us for booking and that may be concierge holding things.
Thanks! We were looking forward to finally having the Disney Jr. Breakfast, as we have only had the one being offered. So was a little bummed as our daughter is still in love with Disney Jr. and I thought it would be a nice surprise and change from meet and greets. Of course, we will enjoy our time with Mickey and friends!

Thanks! We were looking forward to finally having the Disney Jr. Breakfast, as we have only had the one being offered. So was a little bummed as our daughter is still in love with Disney Jr. and I thought it would be a nice surprise and change from meet and greets. Of course, we will enjoy our time with Mickey and friends!
I think the Jr. characters will be in the kids clubs but it didn't surprise me about the breakfast. They had to appeal more to the adult audience since there will probably be less than 500 kids onboard. We wouldn't have done the Jr. breakfast again as we just did it in November and that felt really rushed. I'm just looking forward to random character encounters on the ship!

I didn't. Would it be strange for 2 adults to do it? My DS 18 ain't gonna wanna. :)

We booked as a group of adults only. We got 8.45 on the first sea day (24th April). If you want to try and book for the same time, you would be more than welcome to join us

We booked as a group of adults only. We got 8.45 on the first sea day (24th April). If you want to try and book for the same time, you would be more than welcome to join us
I hope you meant it. We got it. :)

Did you get your flights yet and avoided ours? ;) We're flying into Orlando on Friday. Same flight as last time.

absolutely not! do not hesitate. DH and I did went on our last cruise and booked for this one too :wave:
We missed our character breakfast (slept in because of all the time changes) on our EBTA in 2013 so we've never done one. We've got one booked now. :)

I hope you meant it. We got it. :)

Did you get your flights yet and avoided ours? ;) We're flying into Orlando on Friday. Same flight as last time.

Of course I meant it, no problem at all. The more the merrier :)

And yes, I avoided any flight that might have you anywhere near it - no offence :rotfl2:

We are flying in on the Thursday, so will hopefully be there well in advance of you putting the travelling curse on us ;) Glad to hear you are allowing plenty of time to get there yourself this time though :rotfl:

Of course I meant it, no problem at all. The more the merrier :)

And yes, I avoided any flight that might have you anywhere near it - no offence :rotfl2:

We are flying in on the Thursday, so will hopefully be there well in advance of you putting the travelling curse on us ;) Glad to hear you are allowing plenty of time to get there yourself this time though :rotfl:

I would have preferred to go a day earlier too but DS might have an exam. University even slightly changed their calendar after we booked and it now indicates exams on our travel day too. He might be coming a day later. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen. We are not sure when we'll get the dates for his exams. Mind you, the fall session exams got delayed due to exams and went late. And it's not unheard of for us to get serious snow in mid April.

Hey everyone my family is booked on this cruise and has been for months! We've been so busy that it's been next to impossible to stay current in this group but is the FE still open to join? My mother really looks forward to it on all of our cruises this will be our 13th Disney cruise and our 2nd time thru the Panama Canal. Can't wait for some nice warm tropical weather ☀️

Hey everyone my family is booked on this cruise and has been for months! We've been so busy that it's been next to impossible to stay current in this group but is the FE still open to join? My mother really looks forward to it on all of our cruises this will be our 13th Disney cruise and our 2nd time thru the Panama Canal. Can't wait for some nice warm tropical weather ☀️
There was talk of starting another group for the FE, just email your info to the address listed in post one and she will get back to you. Welcome to the group!

I can't believe that DCL still does not have any info for our cruise yet! (ie. dining rotation options, formal nights, pirate night, etc.) We had two very different experiences this morning trying to get info that is usually available way before booking windows open. They don't know why they don't have the info yet. I guess we will have to go off of past Navigators and cross our fingers. Kind of weird they don't have info if everything is just staying the same as past cruises!?!?

Did platinum cruisers find any info when your window opened?
We have had the same problem and we are platinum

Yes, some are already sold out, but there are only princesses and frozen. Star Wars are only on Star Wars day at sea. I think some of us are secretly hoping that they surprise us with some Star Wars on May the 4th. :)
Call them. I kept getting the same message but it was a problem on their end.

Welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter