WONDERous adventures on the Panama Canal - 4/23/17

ohMom

Kids Get Arthritis Too!
image.jpeg

FISH EXTENDER INFO:

Groups will be limited to 10 cabins each, if you want to participate in more than one group please let me know in your email! If there is enough interest we can make groups that are adult only, etc! @thedonduck is our organizer! :thanks:

Please send me an email at dclwbpc2017@gmail.com with the following information

Stateroom Number
Name of Adults
Name of Kids (please include ages)
Concerns (allergies, etc)
Celebrations (birthdays, anniversaries, etc)
If you would like multiple groups
Favorite Character

big :thanks: to wilmabride (Joh) for creating a fantabulous cruise event calendar - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-S15bd6xZBHMDc5cl9tUDd1SnM/view

Other fun meet and greets, exchanges and private events:

T-shirt design - @thedonduck
****The t-shirt design is ready - it's on google drive https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9xKkgQ3IvkpbnhfYXM3eS1felE

15781661_10155013306563938_4066580358247318313_n.jpg

Group Magnet designs are available - please PM me for the link

Fit-bit challenges - pre-cruise - Beth S

EVENTS ONBOARD:

Embarkation Meet and Greet/Candy exchange - 2 pm at Crown and Fin Pub
*no need to sign up just join! Optional - bring a candy, chocolate, or other sweet (or savory if you wish) from your local area. If there is nothing which is specific to your area, any generic candy will do. THIS IS OPTIONAL

Kiddo Meet and Greet/ice cream social - 4/24 at 12:30p - first sea day at Eye Scream Deck 9

Open Bar (private hour with flat fee per person, alcoholic or non-alcoholic) - sign-up closed

Private Mixology - @wilma-bride - sign-up closed

Private Wine Tasting - Sara D -- closed

Private Martini Tasting - Audrey T -- closed

Group Palo brunch/dinner - @BartmanLA - sign-up closed

Cabin Crawl - @wilma-bride *** STILL NEED R,S,6 and 8 -- sign up closed - please PM me if you need the details on the crawl times/meet place -- closed

May the Fourth Adult white elephant exchange and meet 10pm - Carolyn D

Star Was Adult Only Event - Meet on Deck 9 at 10 pm.
We will meet at 10 pm. that night on Deck 9 on the right of the funnel vision near the pool area. We will have a table set up for you to place your white elephant gift. Have it there by 10:10. Then we can line up and you will pick a gift that is not yours. This will move faster than picking numbers first.
For the trivia - since we are not “allowed” to meet on the pool deck - I will have a Star Wars bag hung on my fish extender. My cabin # is 2110. The trivia sheets will be in the bag. Most likely inside a folder in that bag. Those who wish to participate come and pick up a sheet. Answer the questions. The bag will be placed out the morning of April 30th. Please have the sheet back into the bag by the end of the night on May the 2nd. Be sure to have your name and cabin # on the sheet. At our get together I will announce the winner and give them their prize. This way we can move quickly incase we are told we need to move along. If so then we can pick a place to go and party.
Dress: Star Wars t-shirts/themed outfits ;-) It is slated to be formal night so come as you are or you can change if you feel more comfortable.

Cinco de Mayo Bar Crawl - Christa C

Formal Night group picture - @wilma-bride
we plan to have a group picture taken on the first formal night (currently predicted to be Monday 24th April). We will do it in between the two dinner seatings, to give all the opportunity to participate.

So, anyone who would like to be in the group formal photo meet in the atrium around 7.30.

Last time a few people got in line and then, as we got near the front, we all gathered together for the photo.

I hope everybody can make it. We did this on the WBPC in 2015 and it was amazing.

EXCHANGES:

Ornament exchange - Ellen N -- closed

Recipe Swap - @runskyhy -- closed

Magnet Exchange - Christa C -- closed

Roaming Mickey - @mickey9170 -- closed

On-board 5k - ?

Secret Mickey -Andrea J -- closed

Fat Quarter Exchange - Deborah O -- closed

Please PM me with any updates or questions!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Excited to have booked this cruise yesterday! Cruising will be myself and my husband, and this will be our seventh DCL, and stoked to be back on our favorite ship!

Hello @ohMom. We just booked yesterday and are also looking forward to being back on the Wonder. This will be the first PC transit for both of us - me, Wendy, and my other half, Rich. I'm really looking forward to seeing some new ports. We really enjoy relaxing on the Promenade chairs and meals at the buffet. ;-) What's your favorite DCL activity?

Last edited:
This is our first PC voyage as well! Super excited, we talked with some folks on our last cruise, Alaska 2015, who couldn't say enough great things about PC, from rare character photo ops (characters lined the staircases and you got a pic at the bottom ) and I know there will be unique menus and shows. Sea days are our fav so this seemed like a great itinerary for us

We really love the tastings, I think we've done them all but we will repeat them! We did a private mixology with our cruise group in Alaska which was fun. We also liked the beer tasting and it featured at least one local beer.

We also love to play trivia, and watching movies at the BV. What do you two enjoy most?

I only wish we got a day at CC, but I know that's a historical complaint of this cruise. Was also surprised it was sailing out of PC

Hello all..

Reporting in on this cruise also, My Bride and I will be sailing on this cruise.. Just our selfs, No kids, no one under 18 invited, JUST US,.. Never sailed the PC before.. We are so excited to be going... We love the days at sea and love Movies on the BV.. Infact.. got one of my dream room on the Magic/Wonder class ships.. One of the Navigator Verandas with the Port hole & setting areas on deck 5 so we can walk right down and watch movies each night... And for added magic for this cruise, was able to book the cruise, on opening day, while waiting in line to get into Magic Kingdom... :D:D

We really love the tastings, I think we've done them all but we will repeat them! We did a private mixology with our cruise group in Alaska which was fun. We also liked the beer tasting and it featured at least one local beer.

Tastings and trivia are also some of our regular activities, too. We're fans of the beer, margarita, and mixology tastings and usually do one per cruise, but with so many sea days, it might be fun to try some others. :drinking1(Uh, oh, drinking emoticon released already!)

The cooking demonstrations also look interesting so I might have to try some of those. Have you been to those?

I only wish we got a day at CC, but I know that's a historical complaint of this cruise. Was also surprised it was sailing out of PC

Castaway Cay is my absolute favorite part of a Disney cruise. :lovestruc I would have been happy to pay more to have it on this itinerary :crazy2: but no luck. Although since most of the ports are new for us, its still a great itinerary.

Hello all..

Reporting in on this cruise also, My Bride and I will be sailing on this cruise.. Just our selfs, No kids, no one under 18 invited, JUST US,.. Never sailed the PC before.. We are so excited to be going... We love the days at sea and love Movies on the BV.. Infact.. got one of my dream room on the Magic/Wonder class ships.. One of the Navigator Verandas with the Port hole & setting areas on deck 5 so we can walk right down and watch movies each night... And for added magic for this cruise, was able to book the cruise, on opening day, while waiting in line to get into Magic Kingdom... :D:D

:welcome:

Welcome INDY1919A4! Congratulations on your nuptials! How cool that you could book a Disney cruise while waiting in a MK queue. Awesome! It will be fun to find out what movies will be showing. Do you have a favorite genre? Animated? Marvel? Star Wars? I am not a Star-Wars fan in general, but ever since the first movie came out I have had a bit of a wookiee-crush. :chewy::thumbsup2

Just signed up for the 2017 WBPC (our 17th DCL cruise). Looking forward to seeing the Canal and enjoying lots of sea days.

Count us in! Funny that there was someone else at WDW booking a cruise also. I refused to leave the room until I had both rooms booked and then had to rush to get to the park:lmao: The $$ Disney is making off me this week is crazy!

Weighing in here too. We were on the WBPC in 2015 and loved it so much, we just had to do it gain, along with some of our closest friends.

Just signed up for the 2017 WBPC (our 17th DCL cruise). Looking forward to seeing the Canal and enjoying lots of sea days.

Welcome! :sail:

Count us in! Funny that there was someone else at WDW booking a cruise also. I refused to leave the room until I had both rooms booked and then had to rush to get to the park:lmao: The $$ Disney is making off me this week is crazy!

Welcome aboard! pirate: Did you make rope drop?? :worship:

First PC transit for everyone?

Weighing in here too. We were on the WBPC in 2015 and loved it so much, we just had to do it gain, along with some of our closest friends.

Anyone I know? :rolleyes:

Very excited. We are booked on the WBPC 2017. This will only be our 2nd Disney Cruise having sailed on the WBTA last year. I can't wait. It is just me and my husband Gary. Can any tell me what the weather will be like?

Gill

Hi Gill, we were on the WBPC last May and it was pretty hot and humid, mainly dry (a a few sprinkly showers on one day and a bit overcast on another). High 80s/90s most days, with the exception of the night of the Cabo day and the last day onboard - it was really cold so you may want to bring a sweater and jeans.

Hi all! We are excited to be joining all of you on this PC cruise. My husband spent 4 1/2 hours on the phone yesterday morning with DCL/ Costco. It will be myself (Marni), my husband Bill, our son Owen (13), and our daughter Spencer (6). Sorry to rock the boat by bringing along a couple of kids! :) This will be out 8th Disney cruise, and it is the one cruise that I have dreamed of doing my whole life. We are excited to be back on the Wonder after our 2011 Alaska cruise. (Back when it was affordable!) So excited to enjoy her after her "reimagining" this Sept. We booked our upcoming Iceland & Norway cruise while on vacation in Mexico. Disney really does need to be more thoughtful about when they release dates, and not complicate all of our vacations! With all of the sea days, my husband and I look forward to some of the tastings. We have yet to squeeze any of those in. Do any of you have any favorite trip reports for PC?

Happy planning to everyone!

Hi Marni, how lovely that you are doing Iceland & Norway. My cousin lives in Norway (Bergen) and I'm yet to go but I hear it is beautiful.

You are welcome to read my trip report (it's in my signature). I also absolutely loved @Flossbolna's trip report of the 2014 WBPC.

I am looking forward to seeing what changes they make to the Wonder and whether there are any familiar crew members still aboard form our 2015 cruise.

Welcome! :sail:

Welcome aboard! pirate: Did you make rope drop?? :worship:

First PC transit for everyone?
Nope, didn't make it but booking the cruise was more important. This will be our first PC cruise and it's a good thing I like the Wonder since we will be sailing her in November after dry dock. I think I may be a little addicted!

Hi y'all! We are sailing too! So excited to be on board and hoping I can be more involved on the Dis this time around.

Hello. My name is Alan. My wife and I are booked on this cruise as well as some of our friends. This will be our 17th cruise with DCL and our streak of sailing on all of the westbound Panama Canal cruises will be intact. Yes we have sailed on every westbound Panama DCL has offered and getting ready to go on this years westbound crossing in two weeks. We live in L.A. So it's only a two hour drive back home when we get off the ship. We decided for this cruise, since the wonder should be reimagined, and going thru the new lock we would spring for a one bedroom suite. If anyone has any questions about this cruise please feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer anything I can.

WOWSA! we are going to have a fabulous gang here!! and we are accustomed to booking closer to 18 months in advance, seems like DCL held out on us this year for too long...so now I so excited that it's just over a year away!!

Tastings and trivia are also some of our regular activities, too. We're fans of the beer, margarita, and mixology tastings and usually do one per cruise, but with so many sea days, it might be fun to try some others. :drinking1(Uh, oh, drinking emoticon released already!)

The cooking demonstrations also look interesting so I might have to try some of those. Have you been to those?

It will be fun to find out what movies will be showing. Do you have a favorite genre? Animated? Marvel? Star Wars? I am not a Star-Wars fan in general, but ever since the first movie came out I have had a bit of a wookiee-crush. :chewy::thumbsup2

I love that the drinking emoticon is out already :love2: We are not heavy drinkers, but do enjoy some cocktails while cruising! ok we enjoy them at home too, but really enjoy those drinks of the day! and we really loved Miroslav in the Cadillac Lounge last summer on the Wonder. I hope he's still onboard. I have gone to some cooking demo on prior cruises, a few years ago. I do enjoy cooking and would definitely hit a couple of those with a friend. DH wouldn't be interested. They aren't long in time but fun to watch. Movies? any or ALL! DH is big Marvel and SW fan, we both love Pixar and of course most any Disney movie. We are empty-nesters now, but still watch our movie collection frequently! And, great for trivia too! We won a couple trivia on Alaska, DH has a great memory for it. I just ride along and have fun, and look cute of course

Hello. My name is Alan. My wife and I are booked on this cruise as well as some of our friends. This will be our 17th cruise with DCL and our streak of sailing on all of the westbound Panama Canal cruises will be intact. Yes we have sailed on every westbound Panama DCL has offered and getting ready to go on this years westbound crossing in two weeks. We live in L.A. So it's only a two hour drive back home when we get off the ship. We decided for this cruise, since the wonder should be reimagined, and going thru the new lock we would spring for a one bedroom suite. If anyone has any questions about this cruise please feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer anything I can.

So very glad we have some experienced WBPC joining to give us all the tips! Alan, I'm amazed you have been on every single WBPC! Any ideas why we are scheduled two days in the canal?

Hi all! We are excited to be joining all of you on this PC cruise. My husband spent 4 1/2 hours on the phone yesterday morning with DCL/ Costco. It will be myself (Marni), my husband Bill, our son Owen (13), and our daughter Spencer (6). Sorry to rock the boat by bringing along a couple of kids! :) This will be out 8th Disney cruise, and it is the one cruise that I have dreamed of doing my whole life. We are excited to be back on the Wonder after our 2011 Alaska cruise. (Back when it was affordable!) So excited to enjoy her after her "reimagining" this Sept. We booked our upcoming Iceland & Norway cruise while on vacation in Mexico. Disney really does need to be more thoughtful about when they release dates, and not complicate all of our vacations! With all of the sea days, my husband and I look forward to some of the tastings. We have yet to squeeze any of those in. Do any of you have any favorite trip reports for PC?

Happy planning to everyone!

omg 4.5 hours on the phone...what a saint! I was watching the boards off and on and it seemed like DCL was having tech issues first thing in the morning? what a nightmare. i'm glad you got it! like you, I've been pining for this cruise for a while :love:

Guess I could have done a better intro -- hi, I'm Molli and myself and my DH, Preston will be sailing. We live in Ohio and have two DD, ages 23 and 19. We became empty-nesters last fall and celebrated that fact and our 20th anniversary on an Alaskan sailing, our first without kids. So now we get a little guilt and puppy-eyes from our daughters, and we bear our burden and pack our suitcase :joker: we have been to Cozumel several years ago on a Western sailing, but the other ports are all new to us. Also, San Diego is new. I'm not sure that we will choose to stay there much, or even at all with being gone for two weeks. Probably that will be determined by airfare costs of flying out Sat vs Sun.

If there is FE interest, I can edit my first or second post to include that when it gets to be time for that. Or now? Looks like with this many couples cruising, we would probably have enough for an adults-only and a family group? I'm not sure I'm qualified to organize all that, but I can edit the info in so that it's easy to find at the beginning of our thread. Last I knew the DIS policy was to insert that info in a post and not link to another site like google doc. I can look that up if we aren't sure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter