WONDERous adventures on the Panama Canal - 4/23/17

If we do get included in the FE exchange. I have a question. Do you put something in every day or a few times during the cruise or are there set days that you put your items in?
Welcome to our cruise! As far as FE, it is what you make it. You need to deliver to each room once, anything else is up to you. Some people deliver smaller gifts multiple times, some people give a main gift per cabin, and some people give a gift for each person in the cabin. It is supposed to be fun!

See you on the ship!

Has anyone done the Cozumel Beach Break exc? The port time is so short. It looks like the actual beach time would only be about 2 hours.

Epcot Garden Festival on Saturday 4/22. If anyone would like to join me for Epcot on 4/22, I would love the company. I love Epcot during the Garden days. I also like to do the "Drink around the World" pub crawl.

Epcot Garden Festival on Saturday 4/22. If anyone would like to join me for Epcot on 4/22, I would love the company. I love Epcot during the Garden days. I also like to do the "Drink around the World" pub crawl.

Sadly, we are there on the Friday. We have plans with friends on the Saturday.

We love the Flower and Garden festival too, so glad we will get the opportunity to visit before our cruise.

Hello, My husband and I are excited for this cruise. This will be our fifth one. We'll be running the 10K and 1/2 marathon of the runDisney Star Wars Dark Side weekend beforehand. Afterwards we'll be relaxing and enjoying the open waters.

We'll be doing a Palo Brunch and it will be our first time. I don't recall but is there a dress code for brunch? I know there is one for the dinners. Thank you.

We are probably going to be at Epcot too! Not totally set yet, but that is what we are leaning towards, and a drink around the world sounds like a great plan for the day lol!

View attachment 161965

FISH EXTENDER INFO:

Groups will be limited to 10 cabins each, if you want to participate in more than one group please let me know in your email! If there is enough interest we can make groups that are adult only, etc! @thedonduck is our organizer! :thanks:

Please send me an email at dclwbpc2017@gmail.com with the following information

Stateroom Number
Name of Adults
Name of Kids (please include ages)
Concerns (allergies, etc)
Celebrations (birthdays, anniversaries, etc)
If you would like multiple groups
Favorite Character

Other fun meet and greets, exchanges and private events:

T-shirt design - @thedonduck
****The t-shirt design is ready - it's on google drive https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9xKkgQ3IvkpbnhfYXM3eS1felE

15781661_10155013306563938_4066580358247318313_n.jpg

Group Magnet designs are available - please PM me for the link

Fit-bit challenges - pre-cruise - Beth S

EVENTS ONBOARD:

Embarkation Meet and Greet/Candy exchange - 2 pm at Crown and Fin Pub (TBC)
*no need to sign up just join! Optional - bring a candy, chocolate, or other sweet (or savory if you wish) from your local area. If there is nothing which is specific to your area, any generic candy will do. THIS IS OPTIONAL

Kiddo Meet and Greet/ice cream social - 4/24 at 12:30p - first sea day at Eye Scream Deck 9

Open Bar (private hour with flat fee per person, alcoholic or non-alcoholic) - Shelly W

Private Mixology - @wilma-bride

Private Wine Tasting - Sara D

Private Martini Tasting - Audrey T

Group Palo brunch/dinner - @BartmanLA

Cabin Crawl - @wilma-bride *** STILL NEED R,S,6 and 8

May the Fourth (kids FE exchange) and ice cream social - Christa C

May the Fourth Adult white elephant exchange and meet 10pm - Carolyn D

Cinco de Mayo Bar Crawl - Christa C

Formal Night group picture - @wilma-bride

EXCHANGES:

Ornament exchange - Ellen N

Recipe Swap - @runskyhy

Magnet Exchange - Christa C

Roaming Mickey - @mickey9170

On-board 5k - ?

Secret Mickey -Andrea J

Fat Quarter Exchange - Deborah O

Please PM me with any updates or questions![/USER]
This is our first Disney cruise in 18 years! First one for the kids. Trying to figure out all this FE stuff. Still unsure what it is, but looks like fun.

PSA:

Just an FYI for anyone who may use Vistaprint.......I suggest ordering up one size if you buy the "basic t-shirt", they run small. Speaking from experience. They are great though, they are sending me replacements one size up at no charge.

Welcome to our cruise! As far as FE, it is what you make it. You need to deliver to each room once, anything else is up to you. Some people deliver smaller gifts multiple times, some people give a main gift per cabin, and some people give a gift for each person in the cabin. It is supposed to be fun!

See you on the ship!
Thank you for the information, it sounds like a lot of fun. I am looking forward to this cruise.

This is our first Disney cruise in 18 years! First one for the kids. Trying to figure out all this FE stuff. Still unsure what it is, but looks like fun.
The easy explanation is that it is a gift exchange. You are in a group with 10 cabins so you have 9 gifts to deliver and 9 gifts are delivered to you. You hang an extender of some sort outside your room and the gifts are put in there. Gifts can be per cabin or per person in the room, your choice. There is no set spending limit, spend what you are comfortable with. There are only a couple spots left so if you haven't joined the group by a certain point, you may not be able to join. Any questions, please post and someone will answer you:-)

GoofyNewfie -- I believe you are not the only one unsuccessful in not rolling out of brunch..

just some FE input, most recent cruises I have been making a cabin gift, so do not feel that it needs to be handmade first, that's me I like to make them; and secondly that you have to do individual gifts either. Really --it's what is FUN for you! like the others said

we have not done the Cozumel beach break. We did a beach break excursion at Costa Maya several years ago, it was just easier with the fam to book it instead of on our own. You might get more beach time if you book a private excursion?

I'm going to update page one again ;)

The easy explanation is that it is a gift exchange. You are in a group with 10 cabins so you have 9 gifts to deliver and 9 gifts are delivered to you. You hang an extender of some sort outside your room and the gifts are put in there. Gifts can be per cabin or per person in the room, your choice. There is no set spending limit, spend what you are comfortable with. There are only a couple spots left so if you haven't joined the group by a certain point, you may not be able to join. Any questions, please post and someone will answer you:-)

Thank you for the info. We want to join but haven't been given our stateroom number yet. We were told we may not get it until the week before. Does this mean it will be too late for us to participate?

Thank you for the info. We want to join but haven't been given our stateroom number yet. We were told we may not get it until the week before. Does this mean it will be too late for us to participate?
I would say if you wait until your room # is assigned to you, it will be to late. Having a room # isn't required to sign up, you just have to get the info to the coordinator as soon as you can so the list can be updated. There are only 4 spots still showing as open, so if you are interested, I would email your info to the address listed in post 1. I, personally, love the FE as it gives me a chance to see parts of the ship I normally wouldn't and you get to see all kinds of door decorations :lovestruc

Thank you. I have emailed the email it says to email. Hoping I get one of the spots. How can you see how many are left? How do I know if I got a spot? Sorry this is all new to us.
I would say if you wait until your room # is assigned to you, it will be to late. Having a room # isn't required to sign up, you just have to get the info to the coordinator as soon as you can so the list can be updated. There are only 4 spots still showing as open, so if you are interested, I would email your info to the address listed in post 1. I, personally, love the FE as it gives me a chance to see parts of the ship I normally wouldn't and you get to see all kinds of door decorations :lovestruc
Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you. I have emailed the email it says to email. Hoping I get one of the spots. How can you see how many are left? How do I know if I got a spot? Sorry this is all new to us.

Thank you.
The coordinator will email you back and give you the link to the FE lists.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter