WONDERous adventures on the Panama Canal - 4/23/17

I'm starting to get excited and I can't even check in yet
I checked in but I keep debating on shore excursions, especially in Cartagena. I think I will be the only one in the party getting off so it will definitely be a DCL excursion, but which one to choose:scratchin

Hi! My family and I will be going on this cruise. My mom already signed us up to the FE. My mom is Teriyaki here on the dis and I'm her daughter.

I'm torn on Cartagena, I want to go exploring, but from what I've hear is it is really hot and humid, and my soon to be husband does not do great walking in sweltering heat, but im not thrilled about being carted around on a bus either.....

I'm sure it completely depends on the particular day/weather/etc but we didn't find Cartagena too bad. We did the walking tour. I find Castaway Cay normally much worse. However, it wasn't cold. :)

Good evening! I just sent an email about the Fish Extender group. I hope it's not too late to participate.
We are so excited for our first Disney Cruise! I look forward to meeting some of you on board!

I haven't checked in on this thread for a long time and it's at 40 pages!
I really want January to hurry up and be over! I feel like when we hit February time will begin to fly

Hi! My family and I will be going on this cruise. My mom already signed us up to the FE. My mom is Teriyaki here on the dis and I'm her daughter.

Yay another 2015 WBPCer returning for another round :)

Good evening! I just sent an email about the Fish Extender group. I hope it's not too late to participate.
We are so excited for our first Disney Cruise! I look forward to meeting some of you on board!

Welcome to the group

This is my first cruise without kids (both in college now). I have always wanted to do a Panama Canal cruise and this was too good to pass up. I have only been on 3 Disney cruises on the Dream and Fantasy.
I would like to join any activities geared for adults. I was not sure how to sign up for MDR seating. I have second seating but as a first time solo traveler, I did not know how they will place me at a table so I just asked to seat with a large group. If anyone has experience with sailing solo on a Disney ship, I would love some tips.

This is my first cruise without kids (both in college now). I have always wanted to do a Panama Canal cruise and this was too good to pass up. I have only been on 3 Disney cruises on the Dream and Fantasy.
I would like to join any activities geared for adults. I was not sure how to sign up for MDR seating. I have second seating but as a first time solo traveler, I did not know how they will place me at a table so I just asked to seat with a large group. If anyone has experience with sailing solo on a Disney ship, I would love some tips.

Welcome to the group. Sorry, I don't have any experience of sailing solo but I can tell you that we are a very encompassing, friendly group. The first post will show you all the activities we have going on. Please come along to the meet & greet on embarkation day, that is a great way to meet some of your fellow cruisers. There are also plenty of private tastings - wine tasting, mixology and martini tasting - to sign up for.

This is the first cruise that I have followed in the discussions. I am super excited to meet fellow cruisers. This will be our 13th Disney cruise. We started cruising when our son was 4 our daughter was 13. He is now 19 and will be with us on this cruise. Our daughter has to work and is not happy we are going without her. We will have our 2 year old niece along on this cruise. It will be fun to do the characters and princesses again with a little one. I didn't realize their were groups until I stumbled across them. Was looking forward to doing the FE exchange (our first one) but I think I came in too late for that. I emailed but have not heard back. My in-laws started sailing with us on our second cruise and have been coming with us ever since. They love it and we love having them with us. I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

This is the first cruise that I have followed in the discussions. I am super excited to meet fellow cruisers. This will be our 13th Disney cruise. We started cruising when our son was 4 our daughter was 13. He is now 19 and will be with us on this cruise. Our daughter has to work and is not happy we are going without her. We will have our 2 year old niece along on this cruise. It will be fun to do the characters and princesses again with a little one. I didn't realize their were groups until I stumbled across them. Was looking forward to doing the FE exchange (our first one) but I think I came in too late for that. I emailed but have not heard back. My in-laws started sailing with us on our second cruise and have been coming with us ever since. They love it and we love having them with us. I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible.
Have patience with the FE as I know she is starting another family and adult only group. Maybe you will hear something by the weekend.

If we do get included in the FE exchange. I have a question. Do you put something in every day or a few times during the cruise or are there set days that you put your items in?

View attachment 161965

FISH EXTENDER INFO:

Groups will be limited to 10 cabins each, if you want to participate in more than one group please let me know in your email! If there is enough interest we can make groups that are adult only, etc! @thedonduck is our organizer! :thanks:

Please send me an email at dclwbpc2017@gmail.com with the following information

Stateroom Number
Name of Adults
Name of Kids (please include ages)
Concerns (allergies, etc)
Celebrations (birthdays, anniversaries, etc)
If you would like multiple groups
Favorite Character

Other fun meet and greets, exchanges and private events:

T-shirt design - @thedonduck
****The t-shirt design is ready - it's on google drive https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9xKkgQ3IvkpbnhfYXM3eS1felE

15781661_10155013306563938_4066580358247318313_n.jpg

Group Magnet designs are available - please PM me for the link

Fit-bit challenges - pre-cruise - Beth S

EVENTS ONBOARD:

Embarkation Meet and Greet/Candy exchange - 2 pm at Crown and Fin Pub (TBC)
*no need to sign up just join! Optional - bring a candy, chocolate, or other sweet (or savory if you wish) from your local area. If there is nothing which is specific to your area, any generic candy will do. THIS IS OPTIONAL

Kiddo Meet and Greet/ice cream social - 4/24 at 12:30p - first sea day at Eye Scream Deck 9

Open Bar (private hour with flat fee per person, alcoholic or non-alcoholic) - Shelly W

Private Mixology - @wilma-bride

Private Wine Tasting - Sara D

Private Martini Tasting - Audrey T

Group Palo brunch/dinner - @BartmanLA

Cabin Crawl - @wilma-bride *** STILL NEED R,S,6 and 8

May the Fourth (kids FE exchange) and ice cream social - Christa C

May the Fourth Adult white elephant exchange and meet 10pm - Carolyn D

Cinco de Mayo Bar Crawl - Christa C

Formal Night group picture - @wilma-bride

EXCHANGES:

Ornament exchange - Ellen N

Recipe Swap - @runskyhy

Magnet Exchange - Christa C

Roaming Mickey - @mickey9170

On-board 5k - ?

Secret Mickey -Andrea J

Fat Quarter Exchange - Deborah O

Please PM me with any updates or questions![/USER]

I am learning how to use Disboard..thank you for your help. I usually get the length of cruise Rain forest spa pass on the Dream/Fantasy but I was wondering about the spa on the Wonder?

I am learning how to use Disboard..thank you for your help. I usually get the length of cruise Rain forest spa pass on the Dream/Fantasy but I was wondering about the spa on the Wonder?

From what I understand, the Rainforest Room on the Wonder was refurbished when the ship was in dry dock at the end of last year. I think the length of cruise pass was around $200 for the 2 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter