WONDERous adventures on the Panama Canal - 4/23/17

The designs are on the link posted. You need to download the ones you want to use dark front and back if you want a dark shirt or light front and back if you want a light or white shirt). Then you upload them to whichever site you use to print your t-shirt

So excited to begin booking Palo brunch and Dinner, excursions, ect. tomorrow. Getting closer to spending 14 nights with all of you on board the Reimagined Disney Wonder. See you all in 106 days!!!!

Welcome! Our past two cruise have been in Northern Europe, so we are with you about the excitement of a warm cruise. Plus it is 14 WHOLE days on the Wonder!
Us too!!! 14 days of sun sounds fantastic. On the transatlantic last May we had freezing weather and 30 foot swells. The waves broke one of the cabin windows on deck two. They covered it when we got to Dublin. Ready for warmth. So excited. We are heading to Disney to stay at the Grand Floridian on February 1, and somehow I am looking past that trip. Can't wait to meet and see all of you!!!

Just got some dates from Disney! For anyone yet to book online here is some info:

Formal night #1 Day 2
Semi-formal night/ Freezing the Night Away Day 9
Pirate night Day 10
Formal night #2 Day 12

Hope this helps!

Well that was one of the most disappointing checkins we have ever had! We did get Palo dinner and brunch on our anniversary, as well as an early PAT, but everything else was a bust. Our port adventure seems to be nonexistent and they did not have any character meet and greets, character breakfast or Royal Tea loaded. I guess we will be calling tomorrow morning. I hope everyone else had better luck!

Well that was one of the most disappointing checkins we have ever had! We did get Palo dinner and brunch on our anniversary, as well as an early PAT, but everything else was a bust. Our port adventure seems to be nonexistent and they did not have any character meet and greets, character breakfast or Royal Tea loaded. I guess we will be calling tomorrow morning. I hope everyone else had better luck!
On the Transatlatic last May they didn't do early sign up for character meet and greet or Royal Tea. We had to go to guest services the first day and sign up there. The Royal Tea was also complimentary. Thinking this may be the same way.

On the Transatlatic last May they didn't do early sign up for character meet and greet or Royal Tea. We had to go to guest services the first day and sign up there. The Royal Tea was also complimentary. Thinking this may be the same way.

This is exactly what my thinking is. There are so few children on board, there probably isn't any need to have advance sign up for meet and greets and character breakfasts

So glad I got up last night to do online checkin! If I had been more awake I would have realized I could have checked in immediately, but noooo - I was waiting until midnight my time:lmao:While I was killing time waiting until midnight I counted the rooms still showing available for anyone interested.
1 HA inside
11B - 3 rooms on deck 6
11A - 3 rooms on deck 6
10C - 6 rooms on deck 1 and 8 rooms on deck 2
10B - 12 rooms on deck 2
9D - 4 on deck 1
9C - 5 on deck 2
9A - 1 on deck 5 and 4 on deck 6
5C - 7 on deck 6
5B - 4 on deck 6 and 1 on deck 7
5A - 8 on deck 7
4B - 7 on deck 8
4A - 5 on deck 8

Well that was one of the most disappointing checkins we have ever had!

I agree. Palo was hardly available. Didn't get it for my birthday even though it's almost mid-way - but it's not a biggie. We'll try again on the boat.

The earliest PAT at the time (which we took) was 11am if anyone's interested.

Oops

I agree. Palo was hardly available. Didn't get it for my birthday even though it's almost mid-way - but it's not a biggie. We'll try again on the boat.

So sorry for you! We only looked at day 4 and day 5, but there were quite a few times available. Usually we have had luck once on board getting reservations. Hope this works for you!

Disney is trying to say that the Royal Court Royal Tea is SOLD OUT with only platinum cruisers having booked!?!? Somehow I do not think so with so few kids AND the high price tag. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Anyone have any luck with character meet and greets? Sometimes nothing shows up, and sometimes you can see them listed for "all days", but then you cannit select. We are talking st Disney web department, so maybe some answers soon.

Disney is trying to say that the Royal Court Royal Tea is SOLD OUT with only platinum cruisers having booked!?!? Somehow I do not think so with so few kids AND the high price tag. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Anyone have any luck with character meet and greets? Sometimes nothing shows up, and sometimes you can see them listed for "all days", but then you cannit select. We are talking st Disney web department, so maybe some answers soon.

As i have said now many times, I think the character meet and greet, and breakfast, will be only available for booking onboard. Will be interesting to see what DCL says, although they are never the most knowledgeable either, we have found

As i have said now many times, I think the character meet and greet, and breakfast, will be only available for booking onboard. Will be interesting to see what DCL says, although they are never the most knowledgeable either, we have found
Just curious why you think these will only be available to book once on the ship? I would think since Disney changed the system last summer to prebooking these events they would not want to go back to the hassle of getting these at guest services. The last couple of years it really seems to be dependent on who you get at customer service. Many different answers to the same questions. :)

Did anyone else have the port adventure you had been looking at under port adventures for our cruise not even show up as a port adventure to book? Not showing up greyed out for sold out, just not even listed.

Just curious why you think these will only be available to book once on the ship? I would think since Disney changed the system last summer to prebooking these events they would not want to go back to the hassle of getting these at guest services. The last couple of years it really seems to be dependent on who you get at customer service. Many different answers to the same questions. :)

Because this cruise, and the other longer cruises, are not like regular 3,4 and 7 night cruises. There will be so few children on this cruise that there will likely not be the same demand for things like Princess and Frozen M&G. And the character breakfast went to ticketed because of the sheer number of people wanting to participate, more than could reasonably be managed in the dining rooms. That won't be the same on this cruise. Like I say, I am not 00% certain, it is supposition, the same as everybody else but that is my gut feeling, based on what I know from having taken this cruise before

Did anyone else have the port adventure you had been looking at under port adventures for our cruise not even show up as a port adventure to book? Not showing up greyed out for sold out, just not even listed.

That quite often happens. DCL decide they can't/won't offer certain excursions, either due to staffing, port limitations, timing, availability, etc. For example, the whale watching adventure shown under Cabo San Lucas against Panama Canal cruises is only available for certain months of the year. That one was listed under our itinerary as a Port Adventure but wasn't offered as an option during booking as it isn't available in May.

Because this cruise, and the other longer cruises, are not like regular 3,4 and 7 night cruises. There will be so few children on this cruise that there will likely not be the same demand for things like Princess and Frozen M&G. And the character breakfast went to ticketed because of the sheer number of people wanting to participate, more than could reasonably be managed in the dining rooms. That won't be the same on this cruise. Like I say, I am not 00% certain, it is supposition, the same as everybody else but that is my gut feeling, based on what I know from having taken this cruise before

We prebooked our character breakfast as well as character meet and greets for our last cruise which was 12 days. You very could be correct with the MUCH smaller kid demographic on this cruise, but it seems a little strange that Disney would change now-standard procedure for one or two cruises. Not that what Disney does always makes the most sense.

Yes, many times port adventures are only seasonal. Whale watching in certain areas like you mentioned and bear watching in Alaska are a couple. The one we are planning is not seasonal. We may just be extra adventurous and book it directly without Disney if it comes to that. Still many days before our cruise. A lot can show up between now and then. :)

Not sure when and how specific you are with regards to Palo, but my husband just checked and Palo brunch and dinner are showing available every day. Sometimes there are glitches upon opening for booking. I hope you can get what you want.

Might be that we are only looking for a party of 2 - not sure how many people in your party.

Not sure when and how specific you are with regards to Palo, but my husband just checked and Palo brunch and dinner are showing available every day. Sometimes there are glitches upon opening for booking. I hope you can get what you want.

Might be that we are only looking for a party of 2 - not sure how many people in your party.

Thanks for checking. It must be our party size (3) because there's still no availability on the 27th. It's OK, we'll check onboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter