• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's Going in October 2005??!!*MNSSHP dates & info*

shellynn24 said:
I'm posting just to see how many days I have left. I believe I am in single digits :banana: :dancer: :banana: :dancer: :banana: Oh yeah! 8 more days till we fly to FL and I get to go to my HS reunion :crazy2: :scared: :faint: Then on to WDW for 10 whole nights!

ten nights!!! :Pinkbounc

fantastic!!! I am sooo jealous!!! Next year we are doing at least 6 or 7... we did only 5 this year :guilty: did not get as much done as had hoped

Need to bump this thread.... has been 2 days since last post :earseek: can you believe it? :rotfl:

We can't wait!!! We have 10 more days not including the day we leave!!! Let's see what my ticker says...

I came back last night. We went to the party on Oct 6. I was really disappointed in this year's party. The place was mobbed compared to the last 4 years at this time. The parade wasn't as good. They also didn't put where the free photo would be on the map this time. We happened to come upon it, neat Aloha Isle, and by then the lin was huge. They have taken away most of the trick or treat places and consildated them into two sections. The one section is in Adventureland and it called Jungle Trek. It was a huge line to get through to get to 3 stations. The other section was in Toontown. If anyone has ever been in Toontown during this party they will know what I mean about it being a parking lot. The place was always too crowded to begin with. Now they stick this trick or treat are in there. It was Alice in Wonderland trick or treat. I don't know how many stations were in the loop as we never got very far. After standing in line for a 1/2 hour and we didn't move we gave up. There were some single stations throughout the park but nothing like years past. Even the single stations has huge lines. I have no idea why it was so crowded. We went on a Thursday which in the past has always been great. Also it looked like rain so they canceled the first parade and had a Rainy Day parade instead. Very lame! LOL! The second parade went as schedules. The new HalloWishes fireworks were GREAT! Be sure and stand in front of the castle to get the effects of different villians coming to the castle to trick or treat.

skiwee1 -- sorry you didn't have a better time :(.

We went on Oct 6 also but must have been lucky and had less problems. There were lots of people in the common areas but all the rides we went on were walk on (we did see lines at Peter Pan and Pooh but skipped them). We waited to go trick or treating and get the photo until the end of the party and had little or no waits. CM's were very generous and were handing out large handfuls of candy. Could have done without the rain at the start of the evening but it wasn't too bad. We had dinner at Tony's and the food was good but the waitress was HORRIBLE. We also went Oct 2nd so skipped the parade on the 6th.

pandamom said:
skiwee1 -- sorry you didn't have a better time :(.

We went on Oct 6 also but must have been lucky and had less problems. There were lots of people in the common areas but all the rides we went on were walk on (we did see lines at Peter Pan and Pooh but skipped them). We waited to go trick or treating and get the photo until the end of the party and had little or no waits. CM's were very generous and were handing out large handfuls of candy. Could have done without the rain at the start of the evening but it wasn't too bad. We had dinner at Tony's and the food was good but the waitress was HORRIBLE. We also went Oct 2nd so skipped the parade on the 6th.

We didn't do any rides so I can't comment on them. We use the party to stroll around looking at all the decorations. DD loves to trick or treat there. We had dinner at LTT and had a fun time. My mom and I were dalmations and so were two other families around us.There was also a Cruella next to us. The characters had a ball with the fact of Cruella and all us dalmations. Expecially Chip and Dale! I think that was the best part of the evening! This time won't stop us from going next year. I just hope they don't offer free dining as I think that made the crowds bad. Have you been to the party the last few years? I'm just wondering what your take it on comparing the crowds from then til now.

We were there on the 6th as well & I agree it was more crowded than I had anticipated. We had dinner at LTT & was seated right away.This was our favorite meal! The rain did get us off to a slow start, but the boys enjoyed riding splash mountain with no wait. We made it through toontown getting autographs & candy. The only line we did not stand in was for the Queen of Hearts character(I think thats the right name). Her line was to long. The boys rode barnstormer numerous times, till I finally said no more lol The lines for face painting were very long, so we did not do this. We waited till later in the evening for our free picture & we just walked in at the Halls of Presidents. I would have liked to gotten them earlier but again long lines. I missed the parade & we watched the fireworks behind the castle, we were in line for the 7 dwarfs :goodvibes The last time we went was in 2000 & there were more candy stations then. We had a good time & I do look forward to going again. Maybe next time it won't be as busy :earseek:

skiwee1 said:
I came back last night. We went to the party on Oct 6. I was really disappointed in this year's party. The place was mobbed compared to the last 4 years at this time. The parade wasn't as good. They also didn't put where the free photo would be on the map this time. We happened to come upon it, neat Aloha Isle, and by then the lin was huge. They have taken away most of the trick or treat places and consildated them into two sections. The one section is in Adventureland and it called Jungle Trek. It was a huge line to get through to get to 3 stations. The other section was in Toontown.

skiwee1:

We were dalmatians on 10/2 (and so were a lot of other people)! I saw several dalmatians 10/6 -- bet you were one of them!! :) On the 6th dd5 and dd7 were hula girls and dh and I wore Hawaiian shirts/leis.

We went on 10/31 last year and it was (of course) much busier then. There seemed to be a lot more toddlers and stollers this year at Thursdays party and I think the weather made things seem a little worse. I found it very odd they didn't put the photo locations on the map -- we stumbled across them on both nights. It did seem like there were fewer individual treat stations also and some of them closed early. (The one at COP was closed by 11:45 pm.) The nestle treat trough at the exit ran out of candy while we were in line for it. We still ended up with plenty of candy though and will definetly do it again. :)

We went on October 2nd. This was our first year ever going. We originally had LTT reservations for 5:35, but we never got to the park until 6:15 or so. So we just cancelled them. The reason so late, the buses at POR were terrible for any MK trip, we waited over 45 min. for a bus to MK that night. Then we got through the entrance gate, we had another family with us, with cumbersome costumes for their little guys, it took almost 15 to dress them and another 10 to undress them 5 minutes later :rotfl2: It was very funny to watch, I took pictures! We ate at Peco Bills, just ok, missed all the trick or treating and parades. We did lots of rides and saw a few characters. Rides were walk ons, saw the first set of fireworks as we were leaving. Was it worth it??? I don't think so. The rest of the week MK and all other parks were walk on's as well, with the exception of Soarin which we fastpassed.

DD Morgan is going to be the Queen of Hearts so I am going to have to stand in the line with her no matter how LOOONNGGGG it is :rotfl2:

I'm hoping the 23rd won't be too bad.... but it can't be as bad as a regular Holiday, right? :confused3 Will just have to work on the "please no rain" chant.

We will be there Oct 18-25, staying at POFQ. First time for me so I have no preferences, except that Animal Kingdom seem like it would be interesting. (50th birthday pres) We are going as a couple with no children. Any suggestions would be taken under advisement.

Just got back Sunday from 10 AMAZING days in WDW.... We did the Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP on the 6th.... We had such a great time. We stayed at ASMu and did Magical Express and Free Dining (which was such a steal!!). I'll try to start my Dining Review/Trip Report soon but I'll be happy to answer any questions in the meantime! And to everyone else going in October, Have a Blast!!! :cheer2:

DD and I had a wonderful time, in spite of the rain, we enjoyed the Party on 10/6. We were chosen to be in the group of grand marshalls for the parade. Yes, the first one was cancelled due to the rain but the second went off without a hitch. We enjoyed it. We didn't see a lot of characters nor did we get huge amounts of candy, but we were at Disney so we were enjoying ourselves.

Would I do it again? Certainly will, already planning for all of the family for next year. I kinda missed DS and DH since they weren't with us.

We loved it!

I just spoke to my friend who was just at WDW last week and she said ALOT of people were really fustrated with the free dining plan. Was causing some big issues at the restaraunts. They didn't do it and she was glad they didn't. Hope others didn't have such a hard time with it.

We are just back last night from 9 nights at Disney. We attended the MNSSHP on the 2nd and had a great time. We did collect quite a bit of candy. :)

We were on the free dining plan and didn't have a problem but I had made all of our ADR's at the 90 day mark so we didn't run into any problems. We did speak with people though who didn't know anything about ADR's and were having trouble getting into places to eat. There were no walkins at CRT, Concourse Steakhouse, Tony's, Mama Melrose and Le Cellier the nights we were there. They were taking walkins at Alfredo's, Marrakesh, Maya Grill and the Biergarten.

It was a little humid though so hopefully for others it will cool down a bit!

Any questions and I'll try to answer them. We were two adults with no kids with us and stayed at POP.

Thanks for the trip reports everyone! :sunny: Glad to hear you all had a wonderful time. :wizard:

I can't wait until I leave for disney on the 24th! :cool1:

Is anyone doing Hoop Dee Doo while you are there? I'm going on the 18th and can't wait! I hope it's lots of fun. I thought, too, if it wasn't all fulled up, that we might do the haunted hay ride at Fort Wilderness too while we're there.

tikkipoo said:
Is anyone doing Hoop Dee Doo while you are there? I'm going on the 18th and can't wait! I hope it's lots of fun. I thought, too, if it wasn't all fulled up, that we might do the haunted hay ride at Fort Wilderness too while we're there.

We are doing Hoop Dee Doo on the 25th.

I will only be there a day when you leave... cant wait!

ASMo 10-22 to 10-27 leaving to Wonder cruise the 27 to the 30th. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter