"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

What time do people start lining up to meet Sandy Claws? I really want us to meet him at our MVMCP on 12/6. We have plenty of time that night, no plans other than 1PM Beaches & Cream lunch and the MVMCP. I'm hoping there's a way that we can maybe line up around 5:30ish? I heard he may come out early around 6:15?

We are going to MVMCP 11/19. Last year we went the same week and they were already sold out of the party ornaments. Anyone else have this experience or have tips to make sure we can get one this year? I think I'd be more understanding if it was the last party - but it was still early in the party season...

Merchandise for parties is weird. For MNSSHP, they ran out of exclusive Hocus Pocus shirts after the first party. They did not have any for about two weeks worth of parties, and now they are available everywhere, even during non-party time. So, sometimes they sell out of merchandise but they are able to order more and its comes in a bit later. Who knows what will happen this year, I'd hope they would have them at that early point.

I thought I read somewhere you get a free ornament when you leave the party? Did I read that right?

I know that doesn't answer your question - LOL! But, I thought you might know if you went last year!

I've never heard that. There is a large prop ornament set up to get a photopass picture with.

What time do people start lining up to meet Sandy Claws? I really want us to meet him at our MVMCP on 12/6. We have plenty of time that night, no plans other than 1PM Beaches & Cream lunch and the MVMCP. I'm hoping there's a way that we can maybe line up around 5:30ish? I heard he may come out early around 6:15?

I would pay attention to reports of the first few parties. For MNSSHP this year, Jack and Sally have been coming out about an hour and a half before the party starts so that more people can see them. I can see them doing the same thing with Sandy Claws, so you may be able to get in line for him around 4:30 and be done with him around 5. Check back on this thread, if that is the case people will report about it. Even if he doesn't come out early, you'll be able to line up as early as you want.

What is the latest that we can grab something to eat on a party night (quick service) at MK and how busy are QS locations at whatever time that may be?

Kenny the Pirate says to line up at 5:30 on his Character locater app that is the info from last year. Things always change tho so I always look for his first reports from the party.

What time should we line up for the 7 drawves? Also are their any villains out? I would love to see the witch or malcficent. We will be there on the 15th.

What time should we line up for the 7 drawves? Also are their any villains out? I would love to see the witch or malcficent. We will be there on the 15th.
We're planning on lining up for the 7 dwarfs around 5:15- 5:30 pm, that way we can enjoy the rest of the party stuff after seeing them. I heard the 7Ds line can get to 2 hours long and that last year they came out a few minutes before 7 pm. We are bringing sandwiches to eat a quick dinner while waiting in line to see them and figured we can send someone on a Dole Whip run if necessary to make the wait more fun. LOL My kids (all 4 of them ages 8- 20 years old) have agreed that they are all about the party festivities and meeting characters that night and not worried about the rides since we have 2 more MK days that week so I am currently building my itinerary based on info from parties past. I will be interested to see if anyone new pops us for 2015. This is our first party and we are kicking off our Disney trip with the party the night before we check in to our resort.

We're planning on lining up for the 7 dwarfs around 5:15- 5:30 pm, that way we can enjoy the rest of the party stuff after seeing them. I heard the 7Ds line can get to 2 hours long and that last year they came out a few minutes before 7 pm. We are bringing sandwiches to eat a quick dinner while waiting in line to see them and figured we can send someone on a Dole Whip run if necessary to make the wait more fun. LOL My kids (all 4 of them ages 8- 20 years old) have agreed that they are all about the party festivities and meeting characters that night and not worried about the rides since we have 2 more MK days that week so I am currently building my itinerary based on info from parties past. I will be interested to see if anyone new pops us for 2015. This is our first party and we are kicking off our Disney trip with the party the night before we check in to our resort.

We did the 7 dwarves at the halloween party and got in line about an hour out and there was only about 15 people in front of us.

I know we're allowed to go in at 4pm on the party day but what time do you think we should get to the gates? Is there usually a long line to get in? We have a FP+ from 3:30-4:30 and we don't want to miss that.

Not sure if this was already answered for you but... I asked this same exact question a while back and the general consensus seemed to be that the lines at 4:00 aren't bad. Based on the advice of others we are planning to arrive around 3:30 because a few people had seen them let people in earlier than 4:00. :)

Party activities don't officially start until 7, so you may miss 30-45 minutes of "party time." However, you would be forgoing the chance to line up early for any of the special party characters (7 Dwarfs or Sandy Claws). I personally don't like wasting any party time eating, as the party is so short as it is, but it's all personal preference.

I am thinking the same so I made another dinner res for 5pm at another place which will give us more time to get setup for the activities

We will, too! When I called to get the tickets, the CM told me there was limited availability for that day so we may be dealing with a big crowd.
nooooooo. ugh. maybe she was giving a canned answer that meant " we aren't letting the entire world in, only x amount" :)

nooooooo. ugh. maybe she was giving a canned answer that meant " we aren't letting the entire world in, only x amount" :)

That's how I would take it too. I think from the wording "limited availability" they are wink winking at "hey this might sell out so don't say we didn't tell you it was limited" to take the blame off them if it sells out before you (general) buy them. Each party only gets X amount of tickets, obviously less than daily park tickets, so it is "limited" in that sense. We're going on 12/10 and already got our tickets because I was afraid to wait too long! We're one of the few parties left at that time of year so I was worried.

My wife and I just received our MVMCP tickets in the mail! We are going Nov. 29 and we are staying at the Poly. First Christmas Party and Holiday season at WDW and first monorail resort. We are SO EXCITED!

On a side note, I'm surprised none of the parties have sold out (unless I missed something).

Are both MVMCP Wishes music and fireworks different from regular Wishes? Is there a projection show before fireworks? Is it different than the normal? Thanks!

Are both MVMCP Wishes music and fireworks different from regular Wishes? Is there a projection show before fireworks? Is it different than the normal? Thanks!

Holiday Wishes & Wishes are completely different shows. Holiday Wishes will feature perimeter bursts, and the soundtrack will be a mix of classic Christmas carols, music from the Nutcracker & Polar Express. It's a great compilation!

Celebrate the Magic is pretty much the same projection show, except it will close with a special Holiday tag, which is probably about 3 minutes in length. Even though the schedule hasn't been released yet, you can probably assume it will take place before Holiday Wishes.

ETA: You can check out the OP for a YouTube video of Holiday Wishes. However, disregard the Celebrate the Magic you tube video. That one isn't correct since it doesn't feature the special Holiday tag.

I'm pretty much set for my crazy long weekend trip. I've got the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package all set, MVMCP set for Dec. 3rd. I'll make sure to see the Osborne Lights one evening too.

And then I'll be moving to Universal for some fun there and DISApalooza. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the podcast since I'm driving and need to get home that Sunday night but it's going to be a busy fun weekend for sure.

I am so hoping opening night doesn't sell out this year, we have lucked out and done 2 christmas and 3 halloween over the years and never been to a sold out party yet.

im going Nov12 I have dinner at trails end at 5 and am coming back into the park how long should I expect re-entry to take?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter