• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

Has Disney announced which characters will be at the party this year? I saw some old lists but wonder if anything has changed.

If they haven't when do they usually do so?

Omg these t's are super cute, where did you get them? Love love love

Can you believe my 12 year old granddaughter even thought they were cute and said "I'd wear that"! :faint: PixieDust on Etsy offers them...she has different designs and will personalize (she did a special one for me to give to a friend from Canada who will be visiting in November also). Very reasonable in price and not much "turn around time"...7-10 days after ordering at the most. :tink:

Has Disney announced which characters will be at the party this year? I saw some old lists but wonder if anything has changed.

If they haven't when do they usually do so?

If I had to guess, I'd say it will most likely be same as last year. We won't know for sure until about a week before the first party.

DD22 and I will be at the party on 11/10. We have a 1:45pm lunch at The Wave, then will head to MK to get into the party by 4. Our first fp+ is 3:25-4:25, so that'll be us, doing the "rope drop rush" up to Peter Pan! (yes, I know, there's no rope drop, JK!)

Can you believe my 12 year old granddaughter even thought they were cute and said "I'd wear that"! :faint: PixieDust on Etsy offers them...she has different designs and will personalize (she did a special one for me to give to a friend from Canada who will be visiting in November also). Very reasonable in price and not much "turn around time"...7-10 days after ordering at the most. :tink:

Cool, can you kindly let me know the name of the vendor so I can look her up, we are planning to go the second week of December, and it been looking for something like this for our family to wear. Thanks a bunch!

After the second showing of a Frozen Holiday Wish, does the castle stay light up all night? (Other than celebrate the season)

I see a lot of people have made T-shirts for the night but I've also read it's cool enough for jackets? Is it warm enough early in the night?

After the second showing of a Frozen Holiday Wish, does the castle stay light up all night? (Other than celebrate the season)

I see a lot of people have made T-shirts for the night but I've also read it's cool enough for jackets? Is it warm enough early in the night?

Yes.

Speaking of A Frozen Holiday Wish, is it possible to see the castle stage from in front of The Plaza? Even if you can't tell exactly what's going on in the show?

May be a stupid question, sorry. I haven't been to the MK in 20+ years.

Cool, can you kindly let me know the name of the vendor so I can look her up, we are planning to go the second week of December, and it been looking for something like this for our family to wear. Thanks a bunch!

I'll PM you the information...I was very pleased with the service ... and the price. :confused3 :tink:

I'm wearing a long sleeve turtleneck under my shirt...unless it's REALLY cool. :cold: :tink:

Speaking of A Frozen Holiday Wish, is it possible to see the castle stage from in front of The Plaza? Even if you can't tell exactly what's going on in the show?

May be a stupid question, sorry. I haven't been to the MK in 20+ years.

No stupid questions on Disboards :goodvibes...everyone is here to help make your trip "magical" pixiedust: You will be in for many surprises since you haven't been in a "few years" o_O. I'm assuming you mean the Plaza Restaurant :confused3...this photo was taken from the front of the restaurant:

IMG_5813_zps1e0162b6.jpg

...in 2013. Since then, there has been extensive work done on the castle forefront area so not exactly sure if the view is the same. Using the zoom on my camera, I was able to get a few good pictures of a castle show:

IMG_5897_zps083825b9.jpg

I think I'd try to get a little closer...:tink:

No stupid questions on Disboards :goodvibes...everyone is here to help make your trip "magical" pixiedust: You will be in for many surprises since you haven't been in a "few years" o_O. I'm assuming you mean the Plaza Restaurant :confused3...this photo was taken from the front of the restaurant:

IMG_5813_zps1e0162b6.jpg

...in 2013. Since then, there has been extensive work done on the castle forefront area so not exactly sure if the view is the same. Using the zoom on my camera, I was able to get a few good pictures of a castle show:

IMG_5897_zps083825b9.jpg

I think I'd try to get a little closer...:tink:

WOW that was crazy helpful. Thank you so much!

Just seeing that view makes me more excited. I had almost OD'd on planning and I was getting a little stressed out, but those pics made me antsy to get there again! Woohoo!

We are going to MVMCP 11/19. Last year we went the same week and they were already sold out of the party ornaments. Anyone else have this experience or have tips to make sure we can get one this year? I think I'd be more understanding if it was the last party - but it was still early in the party season...

We are going to MVMCP 11/19. Last year we went the same week and they were already sold out of the party ornaments. Anyone else have this experience or have tips to make sure we can get one this year? I think I'd be more understanding if it was the last party - but it was still early in the party season...

I thought I read somewhere you get a free ornament when you leave the party? Did I read that right?

I know that doesn't answer your question - LOL! But, I thought you might know if you went last year!

WOW that was crazy helpful. Thank you so much!

Just seeing that view makes me more excited. I had almost OD'd on planning and I was getting a little stressed out, but those pics made me antsy to get there again! Woohoo!

Glad it helped...with a 20 year "Disney dry spell" you SHOULD be antsy! It's been 15 MONTHS since our last trip and I'M antsy! :rotfl2: It will be a whole new world for you; a lot has happened in 20 years! :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter