• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

I'm super excited for this party. I'll be going to the first party on the 8th. I cannot wait for snow on Main Street of course I was cursing at the flurries we got up in the North East last week, but it's different, it's magic Disney snow... ::yes::

I'm in the Northeast as well too (but no flurries yet, thank heavens!) and I would be happy to never see snow again after the last few years...but Disney snow, I'll take!!

Yes, you'll need to bring the party cards to get your wristbands for the party. If you forget them, you'll probably have to show your id at guest services so they can confirm that you have tickets. Not sure why it's not all on our magic bands. Without party tickets, guests have to leave at 7pm.
You can link your party tickets to your band, but I still bring my hard tickets with me just in case.

Ticket question -

I think when I ordered my tickets I chose a print at home option. I don't remember every receiving an email containing something to print, BUT they do show up on MDE (only that we have them, still nothing to print).

Is this something I should worry about or not?

I have an AP which I planned to use to get into the park if we get there earlier than party guests are being let in.

Bought our tickets for the 3rd! (YAY!) And we received the hard cards in the mail. Sorry if this has been answered, but since we plan on doing MK all day this day, do we need to bring the cards in with us, and have them scanned at 7pm or sometime prior to get the wristbands?? Thanks!
Do you have MagicBands? If so you can link your party tix (hard cards) to your magic bands via MDE I believe... I linked our tix to my MDE account, was super easy via the app - phone just scans the back of the card and you're linked!

But like Cluelyss mentioned I too bring my hard tix in my bag just in case! ;-)

Ticket question -

I think when I ordered my tickets I chose a print at home option. I don't remember every receiving an email containing something to print, BUT they do show up on MDE (only that we have them, still nothing to print).

I have an AP which I planned to use to get into the park if we get there earlier than party guests are being let in.
Check your junk mail or spam filter. My print at home email came within a few minutes of ordering. The tickets are also linked to MDE but I'll be bringing our printed tickets to be on the safe side

Ticket question -

I didn't get any hard tickets or print at home tickets either. They are showing in MDE and I spoke to 2 CMs who both told be I would be fine with it just in MDE. :)

When should we expect this year's official map to be released? Day of the first party? Week before?

okay question time :confused3 we have dinner reservations at 6 at Tony's . we will probably get to the parks around 3 so we will use our normal tickets to get in ( we already bought the 7day ph as a package before deciding on the xmas party) so after dinner we will need to get our tickets scanned to get bracelets. do we have to exit the park and reenter to get our tickets scanned? I know when I went to the Halloween party one year they were scanning tickets in tomorrowland, but since we will be at the front of the park I was wondering if there was an option in that area where they will be scanning tickets that way

Our tickets just arrived today and they are already in my MDE so I guess they'll be on our magic bands when they come!!! Can't wait!

Another question: How bad is the park entry line around 6:30? I can't get there by 4 like I would prefer. Will it be a thirty minute wait to get past the front gate? Thanks

I'll be at the party on 11/20 with 2 of my kids! :)

:yay: Finally someone attending the party the same night we are! :yay: Haven't seen many posts for 11/20...our group of 5 will be wearing these:

IMG_2757_zps9e7hzpsh.jpg

...tell us "HI :wave:" if you see us! :thumbsup2 (2 DD's & 2 DGD's ... and ME! :earsgirl:) :tink:

:yay: Finally someone attending the party the same night we are! :yay: Haven't seen many posts for 11/20...our group of 5 will be wearing these:

IMG_2757_zps9e7hzpsh.jpg

...tell us "HI :wave:" if you see us! :thumbsup2 (2 DD's & 2 DGD's ... and ME! :earsgirl:) :tink:

Omg these t's are super cute, where did you get them? Love love love

My wife and I are attending the Dec 6th party!!!! Disapalooza on Saturday and MVMCP on Sunday its gonna be a fabulous weekend!!! Who else is doing that big weekend?

Doug :goofy:

When should we expect this year's official map to be released? Day of the first party? Week before?

It is usually available a few days or a week before. This year's MNSSHP map was available a week before, but not all the characters were still known at that time. Kennythepirate and/or Easywdw usually have them up the earliest.

okay question time :confused3 we have dinner reservations at 6 at Tony's . we will probably get to the parks around 3 so we will use our normal tickets to get in ( we already bought the 7day ph as a package before deciding on the xmas party) so after dinner we will need to get our tickets scanned to get bracelets. do we have to exit the park and reenter to get our tickets scanned? I know when I went to the Halloween party one year they were scanning tickets in tomorrowland, but since we will be at the front of the park I was wondering if there was an option in that area where they will be scanning tickets that way

You do not need to exit. There are several points around the park where you can go to get your wristband. These should be marked on the party maps when they are released. Since you have a dinner at Tony's, it might actually be more convenient though to exit and re-renter. Sometimes the wristband distribution lines inside the park can be a little long.

Another question: How bad is the park entry line around 6:30? I can't get there by 4 like I would prefer. Will it be a thirty minute wait to get past the front gate? Thanks

Not bad at all, unless something very strange happens. There could always be back ups at bag check as well, but I'd imagine it will take you maybe 5 minutes tops.

Is memory maker available only for this event? Like a one day purchase? And it is necessary?

Yes, you can purchase it on your party day, then you'll have access to it all day, even if you go to a different park that morning. It is not necessary to purchase this, photopass photographers will always take pictures with your camera as well (unless they are jerks, which most are not). However, the memory maker has some pretty cute Christmas themed borders and such, if you are interested in jazzing up your pictures.

My wife and I are attending the Dec 6th party!!!! Disapalooza on Saturday and MVMCP on Sunday its gonna be a fabulous weekend!!! Who else is doing that big weekend?

Doug :goofy:

Hello! My boyfriend and I will be attending DISapalooza, we haven't decided if we're doing any Christmas parties or not. We will be attending the very first MVMCP in November, so I imagine going to a second party that weekend will depend much upon our first experience.

We do plan on hitting the Osbourne lights and all the Epcot storytellers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter