"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015
Click the link to purchase your tickets!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events/mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/purchase/

Welcome everyone to the 2015 Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party thread where you will get THE most updated information for all of your holiday needs! Most of this information is from last years party, however I will update it as time goes by - and will WITHOUT a doubt be attending this year!

If you would like to read a comprehnsive review of last year's party please read this: http://www.disboards.com/threads/mi...y-faq-reviews-photos-and-impressions.3354206/

Planning to be in the Orlando Area in general? Check out my good freind @Maleficent Dragon awesome Christmas thread: http://www.disboards.com/threads/december-2015-help-thread-what-to-see-do.3396758/

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Frequently Asked Questions:

:santa: What are the dates for the 2015 MVMCP?

:santa:What time can I enter the park? Is it worth it?
  • You can enter the park starting at 4:00pm EST, and the park is open until 12:00 am. The Christmas festivities, and party start at 7:00 however, if you want to get some more park time, and enjoy yourself I would recommend to go in at 4. Once you enter the park you will receive a wristband, and you must have it on for your entire party duration.
  • The second part of the question is 100% absolutely yes you and your entire family should take part in this event at least ONE time in your lives. It truly makes the Christmas season feel alive, and makes you remember the warm memories of Christmas past. I had enough time to ride every ride I wanted to, meet every character, AND see most of the shows!

:santa:Do you have a map of the party?
:santa:free Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Party Card?
  • 2015's card is Olafs Snowgies, and every party goer, gets one special party card and pack of cards with admission (they mark your bracelet after you receive them).

:santa:Do I need a wristband? What if I want to stay without one?
  • Why not pick a different night during the week to plan your stay to the Magic Kingdom. People work very hard for their money to pay for the party ticket, and so should you! If you do not have a wristband you should make your way to the gate to exit by 7:00 PM. If you don't leave voluntarily you will be asked to show proof of your wristband; at that time you will be asked to leave if you don't have one. Also they have different color wristbands, so one wristband won't allow you for double dips if you just leave it on your arm for the next day :p

:santa:How much is the party?
  • 2015 The Prices of the Tickets Have INCREASED Depending on the night the party tickets can range from 74 dollars to 79 dollars, pretty expensive I know! However, if you purchase them prior to the party starting you don't have to pay extra the day of the party. So please plan ahead as these events SELL OUT. The tickets now seem to go on sale in APRIL, however we were able to get tickets to the event a month in advance, so if you want to be 100% sure you grab one - get it in April!
    • $74.00 with tax: $78.81 November: 8 10 12 13 15 17 19 December: 1 3 6 8 10 13 15
    • $79.00 with tax: $84.14 November: 20, 29 December: 4, 11, 17
    • $82.00 with tax: $87.33 December: 18

:santa:Where can I buy the tickets at?
  • Simple, go to Disney's website and purchase the tickets. Once you do so it will be linked up to your "My Disney Experience" - and show as a connected park ticket. From there, you can plan your party out, and make fast pass selections accordingly. You can also call Disney directly to coordinate these plans, or even ask your travel agent to book your Christmas part accordingly! We will have it updated if you can or can not purchase tickets in your My Disney Experience App!

:santa:Can I use Fast Pass + for the party?
  • YES. You make up to 3 selections for the party prior to the 7 o clock start time. We picked all of our times between 4-6 so we did not miss any of the beginnings of the party festivities. They are no different than making your normal fast pass selections, and you will maximize your Disney experience getting on some of your favorite attractions before the start of the party.

:santa:What treats are the offering?
  • You can select Cookies which are offered this year as Snicker-doodle, and for those of us with allergies they are offering gluten/nut free Chocolate Chip cookies. I personally didn't like any of the cookies :sad2:. They are also offering Hot Coco from what I read on the boxes as Nestle's Rich Dark Chocolate Cocoa. It's actually pretty good! If you don't want any of the cookies and cocoa, they have Apple Juice, and Apple Slices for your pleasure.

:santa:What is a list of all the characters I can meet?
  • Sandy Claws aka Jack Skellington
  • Santa Clause
  • The Seven Dwarfs
  • Minnie Mouse
  • Daisy Donald and Scrooge
  • Santa Goofy
  • Aurora and Phillip
  • Tiana and Prince Naveen
  • Cinderella and Prince Charming
  • Ariel
  • Snow White and The Prince
  • Elsa and Anna
  • Mary Poppins, Bert and the Penguin
  • Merida
  • Captain Jack Sparrow
  • Tinkerbell
  • Rapunzel & Flynn Rider
  • Wendy and Peter Pan
  • Abu, Jasmine, Aladdin & Genie
  • Mickey Mouse

:santa:Are the attractions open?
  • From my understanding MOST attractions are open and with little to no wait time! Imagine going on Space Mountain with no wait or Peter Pans flight without a 40 minute que! It's quite amazing to go on your favorite attractions with little to no crowds! The only ride that was consistently full with lines pending 40/60 minutes was the Seven Dwarfs Mine train...oh man people must love that ride, and the attraction that was the longest was Anna & Elsa...I think I saw a wait time of 30 minutes, but maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me! A Special thanks to ses1230, for pointing out that attractions like Hall of Presidents & Carousel of Progress might not be open, so please get those in before party time.

:santa:Are the dining options open?
  • MOST places seemed to be open, however I'm not too entirely sure about the sit down restaurants, all quick service options looked like they were ready for service. So fear not if you don't want to get yourself stuffed on Christmas treats, there are plenty of options for you and your family to dine on. I also saw special Christmas Offerings in most selections which included things with a hint of peppermint! Again special thanks to ses1230 for pointing out that Columbia Harbor House is closed for the party and Pinocchios Village Haus becomes a treat serving station.

:santa:What time does the parade start?
  • The parades start at 8:15 and 10:30 sharp! Don't miss out on a good seat as seeing the parade in person is an absolute must. My spot was in front of the entrance to the Magic Kingdom train...little to no one on good front curb side seats 10 minutes before the parade, and excellent spot and great interactions from the characters! Frozen seems to be the them at this years Once Upon a Seasons parade...as Anna & Elsa, Olaf, and Kristoff had their own floats.

:santa:What time does the firework show start?
  • 9:30 PM starts off Holiday Wishes! For this you might want to grab a good spot at least a couple of minutes in advance and please make sure you avoid the parents who are going to leverage their kids to their shoulders to obstruct everyone's view. This is something you CANT miss, it was absolute beautiful, and I would never want to miss this show being in the parks.

:santa:I'm afraid the party is too overcrowded, has it been this year?
  • To be honest...NO the party seemed very manageable outside of the parade and fireworks show...nothing was that long in terms of wait, and it seemed like the night went by very smoothly. Main street is chaotic at first but it dies down, and to be able to see the snow as you walk with hot chocolate in your hands is an absolute must do...please don't let the stories about overcrowding frighten you, I went on a Thursday and Friday and it seemed perfect to me.

:santa:Can I purchase Memory Maker for that One Day?
  • YES ask guest relations to place this on your account for a special one day price of 39.99. Totally worth it if you LOVE taking pictures, as nothing beats Disney Photo-pass Photographers....they will still take photos for you AND will be out past park closing at 12 so don't worry you can still sneak some photos in! However, if you have the regular Memory Maker package, relax, your photos from The Christmas Party will be there too!

:santa:I'm worried about the weather for me and my young ones, should I be?
  • *Puts on best New York Accent* I'm from Brooklyn so 50 degrees to me is like a nice summer breeze, however if those of you freeze past 70 degrees please take a jacket, and earmuffs. Also I would recommend you come to NYC to see what a real winter/cold spell it like if you think that's freeze :p

:santa:Does MVMCP end before Christmas?
  • The actual EVENT does end on the selected dates, however they still have the Christmas Parade for FREE in the Magic Kingdom afterwards for you to enjoy incase you can't make it! You should try your best though!
Mickeys' Very Merry Christmas Party Dining FAQ
:santa: Can I make reservations to dine in the park WITHOUT a party ticket?
  • Yes - You can make your reservations up until the point that the party starts. So don't fret if you don't want to waste park time to enjoy diner with your family. However, be advised that you will be asked to leave the property as soon as your dining experience is complete. If you don't have wrist bands for that particular day, you can obtain some IF the party has not sold out.
:santa: Should I eat in a Disney restaurant while the party is going on - will I miss something?
  • Subjective. However, remember you can enter the park at 4:00 pm. If you want to you can reserve dining from 4pm on. Most would agree that you should eat either before - or during the 4-7 time periods so you DON'T waste the Christmas festivity times.
:santa: Is there a premium dining/desert party like the Halloween's Villain Soiree?
  • It looks like their is a Holiday and Bright Desert party - which you know the standard fare Tommorowland Terrace Desert Party with various Christmas decor. Reservations are hard to come by so check out the dining thread!
:santa:Who's going to the Christmas Party from the DIS?:santa:
:santa:November 8th 2015

:santa: November 10th 2015

:santa: November 11th 2015

:santa:November 12th 2015

:santa: November 13th 2015

:santa:November 15th 2015

:santa:November 17th 2015

:santa:November 18th 2015

:santa:November 19th 2015

:santa:November 20th 2015

:santa: November 29th 2015

:santa:November 30th 2015

:santa:December 1st 2015

:santa:December 3rd 2015

:santa:December 4th 2015

:santa:December 6th 2015

:santa:December 8th 2015

:santa: December 11th 2015

:santa:December 13th 2015

:santa:December 15th 2015

:santa:December 17th 2015

:santa:December 18th 2015
Christmas Party Entertainment

I will update this when 2014 arrives. The entertainment is jammed packed during your Holiday party ticket! You will have a hard time trying to hit all the rides AND see teh shows. For your convenience, I have included a short summary of the entertainment offerings, if their worth it, and you tube links so you can experience the magic for yourself!

Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
Youtube link:
Summary: The classic holiday parade that goes down main street featuring FROZEN characters.
Is it worth it: 00% absolutely this is the highlight of the party in my opinion. Make sure you get a parade spot, and enjoy as the characters dressed in their Christmas best make their way down fronteirland into main street. The Toy Soldiers alone make this worth it. Please, make sure you take your family to see this as they will be talking about this for years to come, an excellent holiday show.

A Frozen Holiday Wish
Youtube link:
Summary: Characters from FROZEN stop by to light up the Cinderella Castle
Is it worth it: The streets of main street USA become PACKED. The first session is offered so the day guests without admission to the party can see it as well. My advice is if you like Frozen, see it, however I just didn't think it was worth the pushing and shoving I've seen. Again, like the parade, come back during the SECOND show to get some relief.

Celebrate the Magic
Youtube link:
Summary: Castle Projection show that goes on the Cinderella Castle
Is it worth it: While not a must see, it's a warm up to the fireworks show. It's some of the best projections I've seen in a long time. Classic Disney moments and characters will be on the castle in a way like you've never seen it before. I believe this particular show is no different than the one offered on a standard day, however it's a beautiful show. What I recommend to do is grab some last minute cookies and coco and enjoy before the real show!

Holiday Wishes
Youtube link:
Summary: Castle firework show with a Christmas theme
Is it worth it: This alone will pay for your ticket, and justify the extra costs associated. Holiday wishes, left me as a grown man, in smiles and happiness. There is something seeing the fireworks show combined with Christmas that really brings out the magic. This and the parade are the MUST DOs of the entire evening. I don't care how many times you have seen it, see it again.

A Totally Tomorowland Christmas
Youtube link:
Summary: Cute Christmas show featuring Disney Characters in Tomorowland
Is it worth it: This you COULD skip if you really wanted too :p. I'm sorry it's a really cute show, but if you only have a limited time and want to see characters and rides I would pick both over this show. Don't get me wrong the show is really cute, however I don't think this is necessairly a DRAW to the show. Please though, see it for yourself and decide.

Celebrate the Season
Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R8NXMkj3Z4
Summary: Cute Christmas show featuring Disney Characters by the castle.
Is it worth it: This was a bit better than the other show and it's offered at least 4 times a night. I could easily recommend seeing this as it has some of the classic Disney magic alive and well with this show. Mickey presents a Christmas gift to Minni in this show that is fun for all ages!

Last edited:
Photos from the Christmas Event please feel free to share yours!
IMG_0694_zps44b4ad16.jpg

IMG_0405_zpsed6dddb9.png

IMG_0411_zps170f2fd2.png

IMG_0408_zps548f1da9.png

IMG_0394_zps72f84d91.png

IMG_0698_zps1dc2ade5.jpg

IMG_0389_zps388baec7.png

IMG_0412_zps76cd04a1.png

IMG_0413_zpsdbd8653d.png

IMG_0490_zpsd8100f44.jpg

Awesome, you're starting early this year! :santa: This will answer lots of questions people will have ahead of time, so that's great! Beautiful pics! Reminds me we never found the Very Merry ornament at our party in Dec, to get a pic, darn it! Can't wait till party time, I think we'll go on our arrival day on the 3rd so we can spend the evening in MK, our fave park. We may go another day later in trip as well, leaving that option open at this point.

Yes I started early as I saw the Halloween thread, and someone else asked me to make it! I'm going to make the FAQ a lot better, and I can NOT WAIT to attend this year. If for some reason you can't go, I'll look out for the ornament for you if that's ok with you.

Yay! This is great info. I'll be following any updates. My family is planning our second ever WDW trip for beginning of Dec so we can attend MVMCP. We are a bit character crazy so will definitely be focused on meeting the special party characters. Love seeing all of your character photos!

Awesome! This is my favorite event when I go! A must do each trip! Will be able to add our dates if we are attending, so we know when we are all going?! Or is there a separate thread for that?

I would just point out in the first post that the list of characters is last year's list and is subject to change for this year's party. Because the list WILL change.

Thanks for starting this thread! I haven't been in 3 years so any new information will be greatly appreciated. Following for updates!

Yay! I'm so excited. November will be our first MVMCP!! I haven't decided if we'll do Nov. 15 or 17, but I can't wait to go!!

So excited. Last year was our first time to visit Disney. We went for our daughters first birthday. We are planning to go back the first week of Decemebr this year. Hopefully we will get to go to the Christmas party!!!

Tonight when I come home l update the thread with character info, treats and the various shows they have! It will be a work in progress and if you guys have any info I will always love to update it

Yes I started early as I saw the Halloween thread, and someone else asked me to make it! I'm going to make the FAQ a lot better, and I can NOT WAIT to attend this year. If for some reason you can't go, I'll look out for the ornament for you if that's ok with you.

Sounds good to me! I'll keep my eye out for this thread, I better hit "watch this thread" right now, lol!

To the experts: what is the best day of week to go? The mvmcp will be occuring on thursday, friday an sunday the week we are in disney? I was thinking sunday for the least crowds.

After 15 visits to the world this will be my 1st Christmas Party. I am so excited!!!!! We will be going the week before Thanksgiving so we will be kicking off the season in an awesome way.

To the experts: what is the best day of week to go? The mvmcp will be occuring on thursday, friday an sunday the week we are in disney? I was thinking sunday for the least crowds.

I'm gonna say do it on a Thursday if you can...that seems like the safest bet as most kids still have school - Sunday parents can still squeeze in hours in the park without the threat of homework needing to be done. Just a suggestion, however I think it will work out in your favor on a Thursday.
After 15 visits to the world this will be my 1st Christmas Party. I am so excited!!!!! We will be going the week before Thanksgiving so we will be kicking off the season in an awesome way.

YOU BETTER HAVE THE BEST TIME EVER. I demand trip reports and photos!

Thanks so much for starting this!!! I'm so excited that we will get to go to the party this year!! My oldest DD was born on my bday and I am pulling her out of school for a week to go spend her 7th bday at Disney and the day of our actual birthday they are having a Christmas party! Woohoo!!!!!

And by the way the picture you posted of the castle above is the picture I used on the front of my planning binder from the last time you posted it in your review of the 2014 party. LOVE IT so thanks for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter