• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

Yay! Our tickets for 11/29 came yesterday in the mail. Now to go through all the random MBs that I have and see which ones to link lol. We will be in Orlando just for the weekend (DH has a work conference at the Four Seasons starting that Tuesday, great luck for us!), so this will be our only park event. I'll be itching to make our FP+ ressies in 48 hours...

Anyone know if there are only specific locations where gluten free cookies are available? My DD8 and DH are gluten intolerant. TIA!

According to this thread opening night of 11/7 sold out 10/23 last year and many parties sold out night of. http://disboards.com/threads/mvmcp-ticket-sale-date.3395180/[/Q
I am so hoping opening night doesn't sell out this year, we have lucked out and done 2 christmas and 3 halloween over the years and never been to a sold out party yet.
11/7 was a Friday last year and this year opening night is a Sunday so I'm hoping that helps for it to not sell out as that is the night we are going as well!

just got my ticket for 11/15!
not particularly interested in the characters, but really excited for the holiday vibe and especially the FIREWORKS!
christmas was always my favorite at disneyland, so it'll be really nice to have a disney holiday again :)

I am also hoping it being a sunday it won't be a sell out. Sundays aren't great for locals and its race weekend this year for first party, so hopefully the racers are tired and already left, plus they already paid alot for the races and such.

Okay kids, catch me up. I know the first party hasn't happened yet, but has any map/info released yet?

Also, will I recieve a hard ticket or will it just be on MDE? I have for group members with MBs and a fifth without. How is the fifth member handled? If like to make FPs for us all together.
(Weirdly enough one if the MBs we have belongs to a 3yo, too bad we couldn't just give it to the 5th person... But anyway)
Still planning to attend 11/15. Suddenly have to purchase a new car so hoping all goes well with the purchase of course. Eek.

Okay kids, catch me up. I know the first party hasn't happened yet, but has any map/info released yet?

Also, will I recieve a hard ticket or will it just be on MDE? I have for group members with MBs and a fifth without. How is the fifth member handled? If like to make FPs for us all together.
(Weirdly enough one if the MBs we have belongs to a 3yo, too bad we couldn't just give it to the 5th person... But anyway)
Still planning to attend 11/15. Suddenly have to purchase a new car so hoping all goes well with the purchase of course. Eek.
I don't think any info has been released yet. I'm hoping for this weekend/early next week after the Halloween party wraps up. I'm not sure about the answer to your other question. I had the option of hard, print at home, or magic band ticket when I purchased. Maybe check your emails because I think mine ended up in junk and I had to search for it!

I don't think any info has been released yet. I'm hoping for this weekend/early next week after the Halloween party wraps up. I'm not sure about the answer to your other question. I had the option of hard, print at home, or magic band ticket when I purchased. Maybe check your emails because I think mine ended up in junk and I had to search for it!
First details were just released. No times or map yet.

http://www.doctordisney.com/2015/10...-very-merry-christmas-party-at-magic-kingdom/

What's everyone doing for dinner on their MVMCP night? Are QS restaurants really "quick" or are the lines long?

What's everyone doing for dinner on their MVMCP night? Are QS restaurants really "quick" or are the lines long?
Yes, lines can get long, so we like to eat before the party actually starts or while in line for one of the special characters.

We are having a sleep in morning, eating a late breakfast at Ohana, then eating lunch and ice cream at beaches and cream at 2:10. I'm expecting we'll be fine picking up a snack or maybe even just having a few cookies and hot chocolate! No real dinner plan for us.

Interesting it's going back to the fairy godmother and not frozen. I mean it is Cinderellas castle but I figured they would hold onto frozen for as long as possible
Happy to see this, but surprised as well. Though there was a lot of anger about Elsa doing the lighting last year....

Interesting it's going back to the fairy godmother and not frozen. I mean it is Cinderellas castle but I figured they would hold onto frozen for as long as possible

However I just read the update that the jury is still out on this. Figures

I think that info is incorrect.

We are planning to take turns eating at Village Haus with our toddler while in line for the dwarves.
I know the restaurant is near the queue and the wait pre-party is the best strategy and VERY long. He's not great at ultra long lines and I figure if we split off a few at a time to keep him occupied everyone gets to eat and everyone (surrounding linemates included lol) will be happy.

Is the dwarves queue open or will we be shimmying through people? I want to cause as little disturbance as possible. We are potty training so line shuffling either way is kind of inescapable at this age. :/

When the party actually gets going, will this thread break off into a new one? I know the first 50+ pages are filled with 2014 info and pics... Won't that be a really long read for someone just coming to the thread? Or will the first part at least link to where the new stuff (2015) starts?
Just curious.

We'll be eating a very early dinner at Trail's End. We had a difficult time finding somewhere to eat when we attended the last party and don't want to deal with that again.

I hope that they do go back to the Fairy Godmother. Some people seem to think that Disney is sending out incorrect information though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter