New Look for Magicbands is official!

Canadian here. We arrive on the 14th and pick it up at our resort...so probably the 2.0?

Actually, mine haven't shipped yet. It says "they will ship any moment". Will I get a notification when they do?

Yes, I don't remember exactly when we customized them but it was mid December. We waited fairly late to customize it in hopes we would receive the new ones.

Edit: they shipped on 12/21
I didn't realize, until my wife pointed out, that these magic bands are actually for our annual passes. They just happened to ship right after we booked our trip. So I suppose it is still unclear when they will be shipping to resort guests. Sorry for the confusion.

Got my magic bands for our stay today and they are still the old version but I do have the 45th magicband 2.0 and the 2017 grey version magic band 2.0 and those are the bands we are going to use for our vacation my wife has the Star Wars version and the purple 2017 one we like the mb 2.0 a lot better our stay starts Jan 23rd 2017

Although Im looking forward to actually seeing this band when I submit my AP order, I'm really fearing the idea that everyone will now have a small puck on a different location on their body when they arrive at the gates to the parks...eeeks. Jostling the Mickey head around as it dangles from your hip, neck, wrist, where ever anyone now choses to wear it, them putting the finger, and you're a child, or you've never done this...eeeesh...Ima scurd, I don't think this falls under efficient. Just MO.

Although Im looking forward to actually seeing this band when I submit my AP order, I'm really fearing the idea that everyone will now have a small puck on a different location on their body when they arrive at the gates to the parks...eeeks. Jostling the Mickey head around as it dangles from your hip, neck, wrist, where ever anyone now choses to wear it, them putting the finger, and you're a child, or you've never done this...eeeesh...Ima scurd, I don't think this falls under efficient. Just MO.
Is it any different than the millions off site fumbling for their cards.

I think so. Cards are A)less common these days and B) associated with pockets and wallets, people tend to grab for them instinctually by real world repetition. I just think this product was designed to give creative license to the user as in, "You can wear it here, you can clip it there, you can put it anywhere!" And I just see them getting lost among the bunches of things strapped to people as it is already (backpacks, waterjugs, diaper bag clips) theres a carabiner & lanyard for every thing these days(Im totally guilty of this) The MagicBand at least had "Wrist, Finger" down when it came to a system lol.

I"m not sure many offsites are coming without magicbands these days. earlier in the year it was a lot of parent swiping the card for the whole family but lately I dn't recall seeing anyone fumbling with cards at fastpass. Getting into the parks I do see them but everyone has it in their hand and ready. The problem with entrance right now is people don't see to understand the concept of put your finger on the scanner, or keep using different fingers, or it just doesn't read them well for a child.

I would like to know if the new resort bands will ship with a tool to unscrew the center? Seems like I read something somewhere..not sure if that is just the fancy ones

My AP band came in the mail last week, and after sort of casually following the thread when I see it pop up in the New Posts section, I thought I'd come see if anyone had posted pictures of it on a wrist for size comparison. I skimmed back a couple of pages and didn't see any, so here it is next to my 38mm apple watch:

I'm not really a fan. I wear my MB on my right arm and my watch on the left, so it feels awkward to me to have a watch-sized thing on each wrist. It didn't come with a little screwdriver or anything, but looks like an eyeglass repair kit screwdriver would work. The name is also printed on the back of the disc thing, and not on the band (which makes sense, considering it is removable).

On the plus side, for those of us who like to paint our bands, there's more room on the Mickey face part to work with! I'm anxious to see the accessories in person...I didn't pay any attention when we were there a couple weeks ago.

I would like to know if the new resort bands will ship with a tool to unscrew the center? Seems like I read something somewhere..not sure if that is just the fancy ones
From what I've read here on the DIS it's the accessories (keychain, etc) and whatnot that will come with the screwdriver and not with the initial magicband you would get.

On the plus side, for those of us who like to paint our bands, there's more room on the Mickey face part to work with! I'm anxious to see the accessories in person...I didn't pay any attention when we were there a couple weeks ago.

No accessories yet, just the 2 limited edition bands.

Although Im looking forward to actually seeing this band when I submit my AP order, I'm really fearing the idea that everyone will now have a small puck on a different location on their body when they arrive at the gates to the parks...eeeks. Jostling the Mickey head around as it your hip, neck, wrist, where ever anyone now choses to wear it, them putting the finger, and you're a child, or you've never done this...eeeesh...Ima scurd, I don't think this falls under efficient. Just MO.
Just think of how many people will show up at the park without it. "oops I left it clipped to my other..." you fill in the blank. At lease with the old bands It was easy to look and see if my kids were all wearing their bands.

We just got the old ones in the mail. Anyone know what criteria they were using for sending out the new ones? I'm tempted to call and request them as we really wanted to use them as lanyards instead of wristbands

Just think of how many people will show up at the park without it. "oops I left it clipped to my other..." you fill in the blank. At lease with the old bands It was easy to look and see if my kids were all wearing their bands.

I don't know, I think this will happen to a very small percent of people. For someone to buy an additional accessory, they are going to have to CARE about that accessory. I think a lot of the people that would forget their "admission ticket" are the same people who don't know about booking dining reservations 180 days, FastPasses, etc.

Not to say that Disney Parks Veterans aren't forgetful as well, we're talking about the 80/20 rule here.

If I was betting man, I would argue the amount of people forgetting their Magic Bands would not increase or decrease due to this change in Magic Band. And if you bought an accessory, you're probably going to have the Magic Puck ready to be scanned, because you have put the Magic Puck on an area of your person which you have deemed easiest to access.

If anything is causing a delay, I would say it's the fingerprint scanners...but hey, for all I know, these new Magic Bands could cause 3 hour delays at the turnstiles.

Has anyone received the new bands yet for a non-annual pass? Mine should ship in the next couple days and I am anxious to know which I will get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter