• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Look for Magicbands is official!

So, like, these new Magicbands don't feel appreciably different from the old ones. I wore a 1.0 on one wrist and a 2.0 on the other for nearly 2 weeks on our last trip (got back last weekend). I frequently forgot which was which purely on feel. I don't see them as an improvement. They're slightly different. Maybe? Meh.
I like the 2.0 better than 1.0. They are lighter and seem thinner.

yeah, I own the 2017, and the V-day one. I saw the Easter one, but I didn't like it and I also saw the 45th MK ones - also didn't like.

I'd really like to know what I did with my darn 2017 band!!

The D-Tech guys said the new designs had only been uploaded 48 hours prior so not too sure it has to do with stock vs not being able to print compatible designs.
Check under your bed behind your wrapping paper box. I'm not saying that's where I found my LE Donald Duck Star Wars Weekend one when I moved last month after missing it all last year, but it's definitely worth a check.

Check under your bed behind your wrapping paper box. I'm not saying that's where I found my LE Donald Duck Star Wars Weekend one when I moved last month after missing it all last year, but it's definitely worth a check.

For a minute there I couldn't figure out what you were talking about haha!!

I found it. I put it in my bag with my birthday gifts.

Anecdotally, it seemed to scan easier and be less fussy than 1.0. I liked it :)

Well that would be helpful. We got ours last week so haven't used them yet. Not thrilled when I saw them. O have a small wrist & the "face" of it seems so big. The other one did' take up so much room on my wrist. Guess I'll reserve judgement till I use them.

Well that would be helpful. We got ours last week so haven't used them yet. Not thrilled when I saw them. O have a small wrist & the "face" of it seems so big. The other one did' take up so much room on my wrist. Guess I'll reserve judgement till I use them.

Bring an old one with you in case you really end up disliking the new one.

I spent a week with the 2.0, overall good experience. Seemed lighter and more flexible. Not that I care but I really think one of the reasons they changed the magicbands was to increase the strength of the transmit capabilities of them. Definitely saw a lot more interaction at end of rides and easier time scanning into parks and fast passes. Who knows what they have in mind. Here's a link from Disney that reviews the overall capabilities of a magic bands.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/my-disney-experience/frequency-technology/

Has anyone ever ordered adhesive sticker decorations for their magic bands instead of buying a fully custom one? I have seen a few sites selling these and I'm just wondering how well those sort of things actually stay on.

Has anyone ever ordered adhesive sticker decorations for their magic bands instead of buying a fully custom one? I have seen a few sites selling these and I'm just wondering how well those sort of things actually stay on.
we bring red and green and go in early december, Christmas colors

Yes. I've used the stickers for the old MB 1 from magic your band. You can google it or look for the link on the DIS home page. Excellent quality, reasonable price & super fast shipping from the UK. The stickers held up in both the humidity & rain of Sept and also cold of Jan. I haven't tried their MB 2 stickers but can't imagine them being any less quality.

It looks like there are a couple of new colors from the last time we went.

Yes. I've used the stickers for the old MB 1 from magic your band. You can google it or look for the link on the DIS home page. Excellent quality, reasonable price & super fast shipping from the UK. The stickers held up in both the humidity & rain of Sept and also cold of Jan. I haven't tried their MB 2 stickers but can't imagine them being any less quality.

Thank you, that was the site I was looking at. We're going down in October and staying on-site, so we will be getting the plain ones in the mail and was thinking of snazzing them up a little. They don't cost much so I figure why not!

Maybe by 2020 for our 35th wedding anniversary WDW trip the magic bands will be designed for the best wear and comfort
I love all the discussions and DIS'ers experiences ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter