New Look for Magicbands is official!

Ours came yesterday for our January 29th trip. Incredible packaging with 2.0 bands. The bands seem similar to the old in texture, but they are definitely thinner and more bendy(other than the puck area). We decorated ours with star wars duck tape. I practiced on our old bands and had no issues, but the tape wouldn't stick to the 2.0 band. A few coats of clear nail polish did the trick, though. Just some insghts for those who like to decorate their own!

How do the 2.0 bands come? Do they still give you the bracelet part and if you don't like it you can buy another accessory, for example the key chain? Or do they just give you the "puck" now?
thanks

How do the 2.0 bands come? Do they still give you the bracelet part and if you don't like it you can buy another accessory, for example the key chain? Or do they just give you the "puck" now?
thanks
Yes you get the whole band with the puck. I bought one yesterday. If you want to make it a keychain or something you buy that separately.

Reactions: ky.

As someone who is petite on top of having carpal tunnel in both wrists, the idea of putting on an even bulkier magic band is a huge turn off for me.
On the flip side however, they are reminiscent of a watch and do look decent.

As someone who is petite on top of having carpal tunnel in both wrists, the idea of putting on an even bulkier magic band is a huge turn off for me.
On the flip side however, they are reminiscent of a watch and do look decent.
I don't find them bulkier. I bought one and it's actually better than I thought thy would be.

We received them today for our 1-31 trip. The jury is out for us, will decide after we wear them a few days.

I got our magicbands for our Feb 1st check-in last week. They were the new style. Unfortunately, the screws on the inside of the band caused my wrist to break out in hives - I tested before going to Disney because I have a pretty bad metal allergy. My skin eats through clear nail polish, so coating them isn't a viable option. I was afraid this would happen so bought an old-style band at the end of November just in case, but I wanted to give people a heads up. The accessories are not available yet to put them into a keychain or lanyard, but Disney told me that the resorts may have a supply of the old bands to swap with if you also have a metal allergy until they make accessories available for purchase, though they can't guarantee if the bands will be colored or just gray.

On a positive note, you can use a small eyeglass screwdriver to remove the screws... you don't need a special screwdriver.

I got our magicbands for our Feb 1st check-in last week. They were the new style. Unfortunately, the screws on the inside of the band caused my wrist to break out in hives - I tested before going to Disney because I have a pretty bad metal allergy. My skin eats through clear nail polish, so coating them isn't a viable option. I was afraid this would happen so bought an old-style band at the end of November just in case, but I wanted to give people a heads up. The accessories are not available yet to put them into a keychain or lanyard, but Disney told me that the resorts may have a supply of the old bands to swap with if you also have a metal allergy until they make accessories available for purchase, though they can't guarantee if the bands will be colored or just gray.

On a positive note, you can use a small eyeglass screwdriver to remove the screws... you don't need a special screwdriver.

Thanks for bringing this up. I have a metal allergy, but not everything sets it off and so far this hasn't. Hopefully they release the accessories soon.

I wore the 2.0 for the last 3 days of my trip. Preferred that to the original version.

Same here, at first it was strange but after a few days of using it at the park it kind of disappeared.

I should note, I hate things on my wrists I never wear a watch and never have. I just don't like it.

Last edited:
Any Canadians get the new band when they check in yet?

My best guess is they used 1/22 or 1/21 for the check in date that is getting 2.0 bands. Since your bands come from the same place and are shipped customized to the resort I think that might be the date where we start to hear international or pick up your band guests start to say it happened. I can also see hearing that grey bands were still 1.0 at the resorts if you didn't customize it.

However I woudln't be shocked if we hear this weekend that pick up your band guests see them as shipped to resort customized bands happen about 2 weeks prior to check in so they arrive in time so it might be this weekend they start unless they plan to use these guests to run down the 1.0 stock further and might push to an even later date.

Are the keychains available now? How much are they?

resort guests that got the 2.0 bands start to check into their resorts next weekend. I think we'll see they come out this week or next weekend so they are on the shelves and ready to make disney some money right away. Ithink we'll also see the stock shift for more 2.0 bands on sale (at least the solid colors) for those offsites that want to get a keychain as well but not buy a limited band to get the icon.

That's my best guess on when they will appear.

Would love to see a picture of the new bands...Our trip isn't until Dec 2017...Will be getting them at the resort since we are in Canada.

My apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but....are they still putting "DVC" "AP", etc sliders on new bands?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter