New Look for Magicbands is official!

has anyone removed the puck from one band and switched it with another? Trying to finalize the colors we are going to get. And, i was thinking about getting me and my wife contrasting colors and us swapping bands to have alternating colors for the puck and bands. If so, any pics?

has anyone removed the puck from one band and switched it with another? Trying to finalize the colors we are going to get. And, i was thinking about getting me and my wife contrasting colors and us swapping bands to have alternating colors for the puck and bands. If so, any pics?
I saw someone on Twitter make "Ohio State" Magic Bands. Wife got red Magic Band and husband got gray, then they mixed them up to make red and gray combo.

fabulous information! Thank you! We are going June 29. I will wait to buy any bands or accessories. Hoping there will be more options before then. Not a fan of wearing a watch, nor are my DD's. This will be new for all of us. 155 days til Wilderness Lodge! Can't wait!

fabulous information! Thank you! We are going June 29. I will wait to buy any bands or accessories. Hoping there will be more options before then. Not a fan of wearing a watch, nor are my DD's. This will be new for all of us. 155 days til Wilderness Lodge! Can't wait!
We are going in April and I can't find any new bands to buy. Will we have to wait until we get to the park?

We are going in April and I can't find any new bands to buy. Will we have to wait until we get to the park?

I saw on the Disney Parks shop app, that there are a few Magic Band 2's for sale. Most are available at the park from what I saw on the shopping website.

When we picked our colors online for our magicbands for our trip coming up in March, the images on the screen were the old magicbands. Does anyone know if this is indicative that we will get the old ones or the new ones? We will just be regular resort guests... not AP or anything...

When we picked our colors online for our magicbands for our trip coming up in March, the images on the screen were the old magicbands. Does anyone know if this is indicative that we will get the old ones or the new ones? We will just be regular resort guests... not AP or anything...
You should be getting the new ones as of now.

BTW, I was at MK on Monday. The accessories for the 2.0 bands are near impossible to find. I finally found what I wanted at the Emporium. The D-Tech stores are loaded with new designs, but admitted they are about 2 months behind on being able to put them on 2.0 bands. The selection of retail 2.0 bands was poor. I was looking because I seemed to have misplaced my 2017 limited edition band, I'm sure I will find it, but I was going to grab another 2.0 design and all I could get were solid colors. The D-tech make your own had some really cool new designs, but are all limited to 1.0 bands, so I figure I will wait until they're putting the new designs on the 2.0 and the new designs really do look like they're made for 2.0, so anyone wanting to do this, I would wait until you can put the new designs on the new bands. They're not as impressive on the older design bands.

BTW, I was at MK on Monday. The accessories for the 2.0 bands are near impossible to find. I finally found what I wanted at the Emporium. The D-Tech stores are loaded with new designs, but admitted they are about 2 months behind on being able to put them on 2.0 bands. The selection of retail 2.0 bands was poor. I was looking because I seemed to have misplaced my 2017 limited edition band, I'm sure I will find it, but I was going to grab another 2.0 design and all I could get were solid colors. The D-tech make your own had some really cool new designs, but are all limited to 1.0 bands, so I figure I will wait until they're putting the new designs on the 2.0 and the new designs really do look like they're made for 2.0, so anyone wanting to do this, I would wait until you can put the new designs on the new bands. They're not as impressive on the older design bands.
Yes the D-tech is still going through their stock of 1.0.

The solid color 2.0 bands just came out.

They have a few limited edition bands. A Valentine's Day one, 2017 one, two 45th MK ones (both which I have), and a new Easter one.

I'm sure as the year goes on they'll continue to roll out. They want to get rid of what they have of the old version first.

Yes the D-tech is still going through their stock of 1.0.

The solid color 2.0 bands just came out.

They have a few limited edition bands. A Valentine's Day one, 2017 one, two 45th MK ones (both which I have), and a new Easter one.

I'm sure as the year goes on they'll continue to roll out. They want to get rid of what they have of the old version first.

yeah, I own the 2017, and the V-day one. I saw the Easter one, but I didn't like it and I also saw the 45th MK ones - also didn't like.

I'd really like to know what I did with my darn 2017 band!!

The D-Tech guys said the new designs had only been uploaded 48 hours prior so not too sure it has to do with stock vs not being able to print compatible designs.

yeah, I own the 2017, and the V-day one. I saw the Easter one, but I didn't like it and I also saw the 45th MK ones - also didn't like.

I'd really like to know what I did with my darn 2017 band!!

The D-Tech guys said the new designs had only been uploaded 48 hours prior so not too sure it has to do with stock vs not being able to print compatible designs.
Probably also has to do with it but I can't see them just wanting to waste a bunch of bands they have. They are going to want to push them out as long as they can.

Probably also has to do with it but I can't see them just wanting to waste a bunch of bands they have. They are going to want to push them out as long as they can.

Well, if that was the case, then why not continue to give them to resort guests until stock ran out. People who use the d-tech are paying customers. The resorts are "free".

Well, if that was the case, then why not continue to give them to resort guests until stock ran out. People who use the d-tech are paying customers. The resorts are "free".
They are still giving them out to guests who don't customize and pick them up at the resort.

So, like, these new Magicbands don't feel appreciably different from the old ones. I wore a 1.0 on one wrist and a 2.0 on the other for nearly 2 weeks on our last trip (got back last weekend). I frequently forgot which was which purely on feel. I don't see them as an improvement. They're slightly different. Maybe? Meh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter