New Look for Magicbands is official!

Accessories you can move the puck to will include a mini screwdriver and spare screws

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to attaching the puck to my keychain or something - I started playing Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom 2 trips back and went for a quick in-out a few weeks ago and wanted to play again but I was wearing my Christmas Band instead of my Star Wars band and was told that my game was tied to my Star Wars band ID so I'd have to start over.

This way I'll at least be able to take the fob with me regardless if I have a themed band with me. (Although I'll have to take my keys now... o_O)

I'm looking forward to attaching the puck to my keychain or something - I started playing Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom 2 trips back and went for a quick in-out a few weeks ago and wanted to play again but I was wearing my Christmas Band instead of my Star Wars band and was told that my game was tied to my Star Wars band ID so I'd have to start over.

This way I'll at least be able to take the fob with me regardless if I have a themed band with me. (Although I'll have to take my keys now... o_O)

Just get the one with the carabiner clip and attach it to a belt loop or a backpack. Problem solved!

I like the design of the new accessories! I just hope the clips are super sturdy so that the risk of one dropping off is minimal. (I have had Disney keychains break on me before...) I will definitely be going this route whenever I end up with my first MB2. (Probably for my Christmas 2017 trip, as I know my January trip is going to be the old MB style.)

I like the design of the new accessories! I just hope the clips are super sturdy so that the risk of one dropping off is minimal. (I have had Disney keychains break on me before...) I will definitely be going this route whenever I end up with my first MB2. (Probably for my Christmas 2017 trip, as I know my January trip is going to be the old MB style.)

they are close to real size in that picture, they looked like a decent quality when I saw them behind glass at D23.

Close up pics to see the construction and size next to a band.

20161118_173625.jpg

20161119_152558.jpg

the icon itself is the width of an original mb so it's minimally wider.

I didn't have any good pics of the carabeener model to post, I want to say that was a little larger.

I just picked up a new Magic Band 2.0(the Rogue One edition). It's on sale at Disney Springs here in Orlando. Overall it feels a little different, honestly a little lighter. It did not come with a screw to remove the icon however. Very satisfied with the purchse though!

I just picked up a new Magic Band 2.0(the Rogue One edition). It's on sale at Disney Springs here in Orlando. Overall it feels a little different, honestly a little lighter. It did not come with a screw to remove the icon however. Very satisfied with the purchse though!

Good to know they are at DS. I haven't checked today, but yesterday the app didn't list any actual locations that it is for sale at.

I believe the screwdriver will only be sold with the accessories, rather than the bands themselves

Just customized my new AP Magic Band. Will see if I get the new version.

Good to know they are at DS. I haven't checked today, but yesterday the app didn't list any actual locations that it is for sale at.

I believe the screwdriver will only be sold with the accessories, rather than the bands themselves

Ah I see. Yeah they're at pin traders but they only have the Rogue One band not the 45th anniversary one

2 more bands go on sale sunday, 2017 wdw models. Interesting new styles. Its on the official blog, sorry can link url at the moment.

Also they started to appear the shop parks app to help find them.

@Lightsoutx12 the accessories will include a screw driver and extra screws to allow you to immediately put it in.

Yeah I will need to purchase the accessories once they come out. I really want to get the keychain accessory. The badn does seem really nice even though it is such a minor difference

Yes they will. They have already started shipping them. Unless you have a trip the first week of January as I got the old ones still.

Do you think we will get the new ones gor our end of january (ariving 28th) Trip? We will get ours at the Check-in because we are coming from overseas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter