Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!

I am confused - Where did everyone get a definitive date and time (today at 7am), when the original poster said that he guessed it would be released to visa cardholders a few days before Aug 1st, like maybe July 29 ?

I was checking all the websites to see where people were getting this date as a solid date. Did I miss something??

We didn't. People are just over reacting.

I am confused - Where did everyone get a definitive date and time (today at 7am), when the original poster said that he guessed it would be released to visa cardholders a few days before Aug 1st, like maybe July 29 ?

I was checking all the websites to see where people were getting this date as a solid date. Did I miss something??

Today is the 29th.....?

Come on, people...all of this name calling is not helping anyone. It's time to stop all the bickering and act like the adults you are. Here are the FACTS we know to be 100% true:

1. Black shared with us some leaked info from his sources. Sources that have been accurate in the past.

2. Black stated the rumored deal's released date would be Aug. 1, and that DV holders MIGHT get an early release as they have MOST of the time in the past.

3. It is not Aug. 1.

4. It has been said repeatedly by multiple people that no one should alter plans based on any rumor.

5. The definition of rumor is "A currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth"

6. Phone CMs give out incorrect info on a regular basis and would have no idea if a pending offer was pulled. I was once told that POP doesn't have a lake. So take everything said by a phone CM with a grain (or truckload) of salt.

There is no one to blame for ANYTHING. Personal accountability is the only thing in play here.

I've been watching for FD since I booked our vacation many months ago. Too bad it did not show up today.:sad2:

I see this is your first post, welcome to the Dis!
People were just speculating that Disney Visa would release free dining a few days before the leaked date of Aug 1st. They don't always release first to DV holders though.

I'm sure I did the wrong thing discount-wise but I went ahead and booked using the AAA discount this morning. I asked if I would need to cancel/rebook if FD comes out and the CM was adamant that there is very little availability for October so I shouldn't cancel anything unless I have a definite booking under another offer. I know anything they say is taken with a grain of salt (and there are all room levels still available on Disney's site for our dates, only garden view on AAA, so that doesn't really back her up) but I thought I'd pass it along. And I know this goes against the FD logic but wanted to share in case anyone was in the same boat as us for October with AAA.

Ok so I read the replies...well some...and then I checked my email....and I have an email from our TA telling us free dining is here. With the exact off black shared....including today as the releasw date to visa cardholders.

I am completely baffled.

Okay, i just called got some good tips that we should be seeing new promo soon. Dont count it out yet.... keep your chin up. ;)

Ok so I read the replies...well some...and then I checked my email....and I have an email from our TA telling us free dining is here. With the exact off black shared....including today as the releasw date to visa cardholders.

I am completely baffled.

Did they provide you a booking code?

I called about two weeks ago and the CM explicitly says to check back for the fall discount and offers during the 2-3 of August. So people, we need to be patient and wait for pixie dust.

I am completely baffled.

I wonder if this is the same agency that mistakenly posted on FB about free dining being released this morning?

Even though things are said with the addition of "things can change at any time", I feel saddened and heartbroken for everyone.

I know the actual "leak" says August 1, and the DV is always an educated guess; however, something in my gut feels that things are a miss. I can tell you that the leaks for this were from the SAME sources as the leaks for September (including the one used by another famed leaker on this board), and there were more sources on top of that who were saying the same things. In fact, there were even graphics produced for this...so it's not like it was a weak rumor of sorts.

Still, while I hope for August 1 to come through as stated, I truely hope that Disney hasn't caught on to the leaks, and threw a curve by delaying a release. I hope even more that Disney hasn't seen increased bookings and cancelled it altogether.

However, if everyone deems it fit run me off the dis, I suppose it's well warranted.

I've always tried to help everyone I possibly can, and would never pass along information that didn't appear solid, founded, and meaningful.

Thank you for what you do here and ignore those few people who are being ridiculous. MOST of us really appreciate your help and that you're posting on these boards. There is no excuse for other posters to make you feel bad! You do us a great service here regardless of what ends up happening with fall FD.

Come on, people...all of this name calling is not helping anyone. It's time to stop all the bickering and act like the adults you are. Here are the FACTS we know to be 100% true:

1. Black shared with us some leaked info from his sources. Sources that have been accurate in the past.

2. Black stated the rumored deal's released date would be Aug. 1, and that DV holders MIGHT get an early release as they have MOST of the time in the past.

3. It is not Aug. 1.

4. It has been said repeatedly by multiple people that no one should alter plans based on any rumor.

5. The definition of rumor is "A currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth"

6. Phone CMs give out incorrect info on a regular basis and would have no idea if a pending offer was pulled. I was once told that POP doesn't have a lake. So take everything said by a phone CM with a grain (or truckload) of salt.

There is no one to blame for ANYTHING. Personal accountability is the only thing in play here.

Where's the like button when you need it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

At least on Aug 1st I'll be in bed calling and not at work early!!!

But now I have to figure out how to hide my call from the family....

As a side note, what were everyones hold times like?

Mine was about 12 minutes.
Might be longer on Aug 1st if rumors are true because everyones calls will be longer making the plans ....

I was not put on hold. :)

I didn't see anything on Facebook. And no, no booking code. Just to call them for a quote???

I am assuming the Facebook thing was removed or I would check.

I see this is your first post, welcome to the Dis!
People were just speculating that Disney Visa would release free dining a few days before the leaked date of Aug 1st. They don't always release first to DV holders though.

Thanks! I've been learking the boards for a while now... but I had to say something when I was totally baffled by today :)

And to add to the speculation, I called Disney reservations last night to check on a PIN I had received in my email but couldn't find, and while on the phone she told me that while they don't get any info in advance of the special offers, she said that she felt like the new fall offer should be coming out anytime now and to keep checking :)

At least on Aug 1st I'll be in bed calling and not at work early!!!

But now I have to figure out how to hide my call from the family....

As a side note, what were everyones hold times like?

Mine was about 12 minutes.
Might be longer on Aug 1st if rumors are true because everyones calls will be longer making the plans ....

Mine was less than 5 mins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter