Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!

please tell me im not the only one that is also checking the disney visa site. Somthing just dosent seem right. Disney loves to control. Thinking they got wind of the rumors and put a kink in the plan. Cm made sure to tell me to keep checking back. I said today and got no response...

It definitely seems like they got "wind" if it to me.

please tell me im not the only one that is also checking the disney visa site. Somthing just dosent seem right. Disney loves to control. Thinking they got wind of the rumors and put a kink in the plan. Cm made sure to tell me to keep checking back. I said today and got no response...

When the last free dining came out (unit Sept), I didn't receive the email from DV until around noon the day it came out, or maybe the next day. I deleted the email so I can't double check.

Even though things are said with the addition of "things can change at any time", I feel saddened and heartbroken for everyone.

I know the actual "leak" says August 1, and the DV is always an educated guess; however, something in my gut feels that things are a miss. I can tell you that the leaks for this were from the SAME sources as the leaks for September (including the one used by another famed leaker on this board), and there were more sources on top of that who were saying the same things. In fact, there were even graphics produced for this...so it's not like it was a weak rumor of sorts.

Still, while I hope for August 1 to come through as stated, I truely hope that Disney hasn't caught on to the leaks, and threw a curve by delaying a release. I hope even more that Disney hasn't seen increased bookings and cancelled it altogether.

However, if everyone deems it fit run me off the dis, I suppose it's well warranted.

I've always tried to help everyone I possibly can, and would never pass along information that didn't appear solid, founded, and meaningful.
Thanks for posting what you did Joe. Don't let a few internet tough guys run you off. All we did was book a few more ADRs and and play with our calendar a bit, no biggy to change.

Still holding out hope.

At least on Aug 1st I'll be in bed calling and not at work early!!!

But now I have to figure out how to hide my call from the family....

As a side note, what were everyones hold times like?

Mine was about 12 minutes.
Might be longer on Aug 1st if rumors are true because everyones calls will be longer making the plans ....

wow!! I hope that with all the uncalled for nasty comments on here from a few people does not get this thread closed!! People need to chill so hopefully this thread will still be available come August 1st!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Sadly....I'm not sure WHY the mods let this stay here and didn't move it to the "RUMOR" board....

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I LOVE your message! I think it has also been fun just thinking about the FD rumour. That it created a special moment with your family - well, for me that would be worth more than the $58/day you would have saved at Disney. Now I have to go dance around with my 10 year old son! :)

Hope you enjoy the dancing as much I did this morning:goodvibes

Yes, I did.

Really? Which marketing executive did you get this information from? I hope you don't think getting information from a phone CM or TA is "straight from Disney." They are often less informed than the rest of us.

Once again, I'd like to know if everyone was asked straight off if they had an "existing reservation".

I got asked this before mentioning anything else....( which is new to me)

Its possible WDW leaked info on purpose to see how many people would call to change an already booked trip to add FD versus how many would book new reservations because of FD.

Since they seem to be waffling on FD anyway, I am sure some exec at WDW would love this sort if info.

No, I wasn't asked. When the machine answered I said "book reservation". Then I gave my name, it pulled up my address and then the CM just asked how she can help me.

lets stop feeding the troll by not given them any attention or answering any post from him/her popcorn::

I took it one step farther... The URL for the current DV offers ends in "may13" so I tried to change it to "jul13", "aug13", every iteration I could think of to see if maybe they have the site created for a new offer but not yet live and linked to the main site. No luck.

I always found it off that they would release a new free dining before the current one expired. The current one expires July 31 making Aug first completely plausible.

We booked with without any discounts (Disney is probably the only thing I pay full price for) and we will be going either way. I appreciate everything Black, smitch, and plutospal have done. It's been fun and exciting watching this unfold. I will continue to be hopeful and cross my fingers for Aug 1st!

Might be longer on Aug 1st if rumors are true because everyones calls will be longer making the plans ....

I was sitting out in the car in the garage with my dog so we wouldn't wake the fam. :)

The holds on Thursday are probably going to be bad.

for those that posted that you can only go if free dining is released there are many other ways to cut costs at Disney.

I never book any vacation i cannot afford. If I find something better along the way like a discount that is wonderful and I am happy to have found it and saved some money but I don't pay above what I am comfortable with

Let's look at it another way would you purchase (not lease) a new car that you couldn't afford the monthly payments on? Ok some people may but 99% of people will not

I don't actually see "all the nasty comments"...just lots and lots of COMMENTS on all the nasty comments. One or two irate comments at the beginning constitutes this much backlash? Sheesh.

I was only on hold for about 2 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter