Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!

The problem is TA's are saying that it was supposed to be offered but was cancelled. So, this rumor had everyone booking banking on FD and Disney saw that the rooms were being booked up and no longer needed to extend FD.

This rumor hurt more then helped. I just took my Xanax so I should be better soon.

And that is WHY everyone said NOT to book UNTIL it was released in FEAR this WOULD happen!!!!

The mean things being said here are more disappointing to me than FD not being released this morning.

I for one thought the "speculation" was fun and I had a wonderful time this morning dancing around my living room to Disney hold music with my 10yr son. (really how much longer am I going to be able to do that) followed by some good natured ribbing from my husband over breakfast. I Thank You Joe for a fun morning with my family, If free dining ever comes out, great, if not, I'm going either way. 134 days to go! :goodvibes

I LOVE your message! I think it has also been fun just thinking about the FD rumour. That it created a special moment with your family - well, for me that would be worth more than the $58/day you would have saved at Disney. Now I have to go dance around with my 10 year old son! :)

I just have to comment....

For years, I have been reading these boards and of course, like so many others, have always checked the discounted threads and followed "leaks/rumors" when I was interested in a particular discount. From the moment I started reading these boards and following the rumors, whether it was from Danny or black, it was ALWAYS stressed that no one should EVER change plans until the actual information was released from Disney as discounts are ALWAYS subject to change. Why anyone would go ahead and change their plans around a rumor is completely mindboggling and if some folks did and are now not happy, sorry, you have no one to blame but yourself and if you did your homework around these threads, you would know better!

Even though things are said with the addition of "things can change at any time", I feel saddened and heartbroken for everyone.

I know the actual "leak" says August 1, and the DV is always an educated guess; however, something in my gut feels that things are a miss. I can tell you that the leaks for this were from the SAME sources as the leaks for September (including the one used by another famed leaker on this board), and there were more sources on top of that who were saying the same things. In fact, there were even graphics produced for this...so it's not like it was a weak rumor of sorts.

Still, while I hope for August 1 to come through as stated, I truely hope that Disney hasn't caught on to the leaks, and threw a curve by delaying a release. I hope even more that Disney hasn't seen increased bookings and cancelled it altogether.

However, if everyone deems it fit run me off the dis, I suppose it's well warranted.

I've always tried to help everyone I possibly can, and would never pass along information that didn't appear solid, founded, and meaningful

Black... just wanted to say that please don't allow some people to bring you down. Your information has ALWAYS been helpful and many many folks (myself included) are appreciative of what you post and hope you continue to post. While I don't need a FD offer for my trip this Oct as I have already booked using another discount, I have been monitoring this thread for my nephew who is planning a trip for sometime in Nov/Dec and was hoping for FD. I did mention your rumor and told him I would continue to monitor it for him but told him to not hold anything I reiterated to him as Gospel and he understood (like so many others should).

If you have booked your vacation and you are happy with your total package cost, please disembark ;) at the next stop and have a Magical Day!

For those of us still waiting.....lets stop at Poly for breakfast and then we'll get back on.....refreshed and ready to wait out Thursday!

woooo hooo tonga toast!!!!!:banana:

Once again, I'd like to know if everyone was asked straight off if they had an "existing reservation".

I got asked this before mentioning anything else....( which is new to me)

Its possible WDW leaked info on purpose to see how many people would call to change an already booked trip to add FD versus how many would book new reservations because of FD.

Since they seem to be waffling on FD anyway, I am sure some exec at WDW would love this sort if info.

I have been asked this a few times on past phone calls, not just today, so I don't think anything should be read into it.

This kind of puts a kink in the group that might back up and book the current FDing deal, that expires on the 31st as well. Do I take a change and hold off until August 1st, or book now and back our vacation up a week. If I wait, and FDing doesn't get released now.....then I've missed out on the current deal. I may price that out today and just change dates if it gets extended.

Once again, I'd like to know if everyone was asked straight off if they had an "existing reservation".

Its possible WDW leaked info on purpose to see how many people would call to change an already booked trip to add FD versus how many would book new reservations because of FD.

Since they seem to be waffling on FD anyway, I am sure some exec at WDW would love this sort if info.

I called twice this morning and was never asked that.

This is from a close friends who it a TA for a major agency that books a ton with Disney as a matter of fact they get invited to many Disney private events (not media events) because of the volume they do

Disney reads these boards, most of us know that, they do not like when leaks like the OP are posted in forums and may very well be upset about it to the point that they are changing things up but maybe not maybe there was never any intention to release a DV offer today.

He also said that travel agents that do get information ahead of the actual release date are not allowed to share it until the official date and whenever he gets an email from someone that read this or that from the boards he cannot give any information out because if he does and it gets back to Disney he can lose the relationship he has with them. His agency is just ready to go for the morning it is released as I would think are most reputable agencies. He did say they never get advance notice of DVisa offers and when they do, Disney is not always leaking the info to TA's, for general public ones and they just check a few days before the GP offer in case a DVisa offer does get released

Personal thoughts here on agencies that post rumors on facebook, etc are the ones that are trying to get their sales up and don't have the close knit relationship with Disney that some other agencies do and ruined it for everyone else.

With or without a discount, it is still disney, my favorite place, and I will be there in oct! The information from these boards as been invaluable, and is my "disney fix" between trips to the world. Most everyone posting on these boards is helpful & I appreciate everyone who takes the time to share information, answer questions even if asked multiple times, so thank you to all of you!!

I just wanted to say thank you to Black and everyone else for all of the information! It gives me plenty of time to look at the numbers and compare our possible options. I love to be able to plan ahead and have an idea of prices before I'm on the phone with disney so I have time to think about everything before officially booking or changing our reservation. Thank you Black for everything, and I hope you don't leave. :goodvibes

I was not asked by a CM, but during the automated call when they ask "are calling to make a new reservation or modify an existing reservation" I said existing and then "it" asks for the ressie #. That I have found to always be the norm.

Every time I call I am asked based on the prompts my ressie number, and I call often! I have called often to check for any pins/discounts attached to my name. So with the prompts I say existing ressie. But for me and several others on here, we were told by cast members before we hung up to keep checking or check back soon. I was told on another board yesterday that the FD offer was for 8/1 and no DV offer would be released....again, it's all rumor, but always worth a try. Thanks for all the great info provided on here.

Even though things are said with the addition of "things can change at any time", I feel saddened and heartbroken for everyone.

I know the actual "leak" says August 1, and the DV is always an educated guess; however, something in my gut feels that things are a miss. I can tell you that the leaks for this were from the SAME sources as the leaks for September (including the one used by another famed leaker on this board), and there were more sources on top of that who were saying the same things. In fact, there were even graphics produced for this...so it's not like it was a weak rumor of sorts.

Still, while I hope for August 1 to come through as stated, I truely hope that Disney hasn't caught on to the leaks, and threw a curve by delaying a release. I hope even more that Disney hasn't seen increased bookings and cancelled it altogether.

However, if everyone deems it fit run me off the dis, I suppose it's well warranted.

I've always tried to help everyone I possibly can, and would never pass along information that didn't appear solid, founded, and meaningful.

Well, I want to say 'Thank you' because if not for your post, I wouldn't have been watching for a FD deal. At least now, I know to keep an eye out for it.

Apparently it's true that "no good deed goes unpunished".

What I take away from here is how many people are trying to help each other. I've gained a lot of great tips and advice from this board.

Still hoping FD comes out later :earsboy:

I booked months ago for my vacation in November with hopes that a promo may come out at some point, but I knew that there would be no guarantee. None the less, I wanted a specific resort and room category for non flexible dates. To me these rumors and leaks are like a lottery ticket. You know as an adult what you can and cannot afford. You buy a ticket and imagine what you would do if you won. Most people imagine buying a new house or car, but do you go ahead and buy that house or car just because you may have a winning ticket? I sincerely hope not! Same goes with information on the boards, read it, get a little excited, make an "if this happens" contingency plan, but carry on with your current reality until you know something for sure.

No one has the right to blame Joe for anything, he never contacted any of us and gave us a 100% guarantee that anything would happen, nor did he say please go ahead and book based on what I am saying. As a matter of fact, he said not to. Please do not be the type of people that are someone's biggest supporter when they may have something helpful for you and then throw them into the fire when things don't suit your needs.

Something may or may not (for whatever reason) come out, keep checking (I will), best of luck.

Joe thinks for giving us the information that you had!

Stepping off my soap box now.

I was not asked xip but when I called in I said new ressie at the prompt.

I booked months ago for my vacation in November with hopes that a promo may come out at some point, but I knew that there would be no guarantee. None the less, I wanted a specific resort and room category for non flexible dates. To me these rumors and leaks are like a lottery ticket. You know as an adult what you can and cannot afford. You buy a ticket and imagine what you would do if you won. Most people imagine buying a new house or car, but do you go ahead and buy that house or car just because you may have a winning ticket? I sincerely hope not! Same goes with information on the boards, read it, get a little excited, make an "if this happens" contingency plan, but carry on with your current reality until you know something for sure.

No one has the right to blame Joe for anything, he never contacted any of us and gave us a 100% guarantee that anything would happen, nor did he say please go ahead and book based on what I am saying. As a matter of fact, he said not to. Please do not be the type of people that are someone's biggest supporter when they may have something helpful for you and then throw them into the fire when things don't suit your needs.

Something may or may not (for whatever reason) come out, keep checking (I will), best of luck.

Joe thinks for giving us the information that you had!

Stepping off my soap box now.

This.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter