Three Things...Gratitude Thread

!. Our 42nd wedding anniversary!

2. New beginnings for my DD and DGD. New house, new job, and new school!

3. It will be my first Mother’s Day without my mom and the first birthday without my dad. (He would have been 96) Why am I grateful? Because I have friends who will be there for me and because I had my parents in my life for a very long time.

!. Our 42nd wedding anniversary!

2. New beginnings for my DD and DGD. New house, new job, and new school!

3. It will be my first Mother’s Day without my mom and the first birthday without my dad. (He would have been 96) Why am I grateful? Because I have friends who will be there for me and because I had my parents in my life for a very long time.
Interesting how certain time periods can be heartbreaking but happy all at once. Take care

(Wed, 5/1) - 3 things you're grateful for about the month of May

1. May (especially May 1st) always reminds me of my aunt - she always took her granddaughter out to deliver "May Day" flowers - they would just leave them on people's porch for them.

2. Even though my kids are out of school - I always loved the winddown of the end of the school year

3. All of the greens from the bloomed trees - so beautiful!

Mom-a- versary - first I have ever heard of this - little google search this goes back way before 2019 and yet I’ve never heard any mother I know mention this and I know some with children covering all ages - curious is this more popular in the South ? Just wondering sounds like a great idea to me !! I’m gonna inquire to some moms I know !!

"May" things:

1. Winter is just about reliably over. No more fears of snow (usually)! Pretty soon the days will be warmer.
2. My bulbs are blossoming! All the daffodils have finally bloomed and I can see the grape hyacinths, iris, and lupine are well on their way!
3. The academic year is over! While the compressed summer session absolutely su@#$ (we teach an entire year, two semesters, of organic chem in 8 weeks, with labs- it's intense), I love that the academic year has ended and it's graduation time! I love graduation; it's the evidence of the University fulfilling its mission, and I always go watch the graduates parade across campus in their academic regalia. It ALSO means that all the students are leaving the area and we get our sleepy, laid-back little town back for a few months!

Hooray for Harry Potter Day! 🧙‍♀️

#1 - Harry Potter - I’m definitely a HP Nerd and proud of it. I wear my Hufflepuff colors with pride 😁

#2 - Twilight - I’m in love with my sparkly vampires. I’m forever Team Edward ❤️

#3 - The Chosen - This has captured my heart in so many ways. If you are a Christian, and haven’t watched The Chosen, you should take time to watch it - you won’t regret it ✝️

*Runner Ups - Star Wars, Marvel, The Hunger Games, Downton Abbey and more…..

Stephen King - Holly / Bill Hodges series - great series I hope he keeps adding to them / I could name a few others of his but I will stick with this one ❤️

Harry Potter of course - amazing his she wrote them I just love the books and the movies !!

Song of Ice & Fire - book series Game of Thrones based on - books of course so much better but I absolutely love the tv show too !!

Lord of the Rings trilogy/The Hobbit - As much as I love Harry Potter, this came first and quite clearly had a considerable amount of influence on the Potter universe.

Sweet Valley High - These were soooooo cheesy and my parents wouldn’t buy many, but I really enjoyed them. The library would periodically get them in and friends would share.

Harry Potter- As much as I see a ton of Tolkien parallels, it’s definitely its own thing and it’s led to many hours of enjoyment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter