Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!

I didn't see anything on Facebook. And no, no booking code. Just to call them for a quote???

I am assuming the Facebook thing was removed or I would check.

Someone posted several pages back that an agency posted it then deleted it. I thought maybe they also had mistakenly sent emails of the same thing to their customers.

She did see a RO offer slated for August 1st, but nothing for Free Dining or AP.
Hmmm.. hubby may get his way and we will switch to Ft. W cabins :)

This also could just be Disney's way of thumping Social Media on the head. Let's face it, the Disney Company practically defines obsessive control of their brand.
With a company so huge I can see keeping control must be a huge undertaking. I would imagine they do not like leaks of any kind and would like to resume control of announcing their own discounts.

Changed my mind. It was just a rumor.
Ok, ok that was funny :laughing:

Hoping for a discount of any kind and looking forward to finding out what they are :tinker:

I suppose its possible. Email sent time was 7:19, we're already booked....but I wonder what they would say if someone contacted them to book with the discount today?

The TA and I disagree about Disney policy with the dv discount....

Isn't the current promotion (for September) still available until the 31st? I would think that Disney wants to wait for that to end before offering a new promotion. And I seem to remember the September deal was announced a few days before you could actually book it. (Or I'm imagining things.) So maybe that will happen?

All I know is this... I booked my trip in February and I'm going no matter what. If free dining is offered that's GREAT! If not, and a room only offer is...that's great too and I'd probably change resorts to Wilderness Lodge (if a 35% discount). If NO discount is offered, then I'll still have the best time with my husband and 4-year-old son, who is "Disney Junior obsessed."

IMO, if you cannot afford the trip without the free dining, don't book it unless it's offered. Probably coldhearted of me, but there you go.

I've been following this thread a good bit. I think it's great that we have a heads up on potential new discounts and it's very exciting that they may apply to our trips. But, I don't understand calling Disney before they've acutally released the offer. It seems that it would be a long-shot to call before anything's been announced. Maybe I'm missing something though. ??

I do appreciate all of your kind words; however, I want this to happen. I want all of you to have a wonderful Disney experience this fall.

Regardless of whether or not August 1, as leaked, is accurate or not, I'm beginning to wonder if these leaks are a good or bad thing...both from me, Danny, and all the others from the past who's leaked information.

For starters, everyone's sources are usually anonymous, as to protect their position. Someone is potentially putting their neck on the line by leaking info to someone, who then leaks it on here. Is it worth someone getting fired?

Second, we know Disney watches these boards, as they have said so in the past....and we know that they've grown incredibly frustrated with the leaks.

Third, if a leak causes bookings to go through the roof, it could cause the leak, no matter how solid it is, to be cancelled.

I'm certainly not saying any of this has happened this time...but eventually, one or all of those things will, it's only a matter of time.

I now go back to my sulking...:sad1:

All the complaining today & I can tell you guys a few things..
I've saved a lot of $$ from this website, & I'm extremely thankful for that! Although you really need to realize, that these are rumors on a social media website aren't 100% accurate.
Over the years, dates have been inaccurate, but most of the info has been reliable.
I'm booked regardless of a discount. I'd love to have anything, but I'm prepared for whatever happens.
October (which used to be our little secret treasure) has now become fully booked due to the increasing popularity of the F&W festival & the MNSSHP & the popularity of FD. I miss the days of the 40% off RO discounts @ the Deluxe's & the super inexpensive rates at the other hotels, but it does seem that ever since FD came along, toms of people were willing to pay full rate to get Free Dining.
Please don't flame the people who have helped us save thousands of $$ over time.
Also, please don't fill up the rooms if you can't afford them without some sort of alleged discount, because the only reason they give these promotions is to FILL THE ROOMS DURING LOW OCCUPANCY TIMES! They don't need to give us a promotion when it's full!
I will end on that note, so I don't get flamed complaining about ppl booking mult rooms using their DV & other people's pin codes.....sorry!

Isn't the current promotion (for September) still available until the 31st? I would think that Disney wants to wait for that to end before offering a new promotion. And I seem to remember the September deal was announced a few days before you could actually book it. (Or I'm imagining things.) So maybe that will happen?

This was my thought too!

I do appreciate all of your kind words; however, I want this to happen. I want all of you to have a wonderful Disney experience this fall.

Regardless of whether or not August 1, as leaked, is accurate or not, I'm beginning to wonder if these leaks are a good or bad thing...both from me, Danny, and all the others from the past who's leaked information.

For starters, everyone's sources are usually anonymous, as to protect their position. Someone is potentially putting their neck on the line by leaking info to someone, who then leaks it on here. Is it worth someone getting fired?

Second, we know Disney watches these boards, as they have said so in the past....and we know that they've grown incredibly frustrated with the leaks.

Third, if a leak causes bookings to go through the roof, it could cause the leak, no matter how solid it is, to be cancelled.

I'm certainly not saying any of this has happened this time...but eventually, one or all of those things will, it's only a matter of time.

I really appreciate all you add to the boards!! You keep spirits lifted and help out everyone that has any questions. When or if the discount goes live, I am and always will be a Disney Fanatic. I live and breathe Disney and will always enjoy it. I even have my retirement planned out to work for Disney,, even if I have to clean bathrooms with a toothbrush! Hey, I'm working for Disney and to be in a magical place.. what's better?

Once again, thank you for all you are to the boards!!:)

Even though things are said with the addition of "things can change at any time", I feel saddened and heartbroken for everyone.

I know the actual "leak" says August 1, and the DV is always an educated guess; however, something in my gut feels that things are a miss. I can tell you that the leaks for this were from the SAME sources as the leaks for September (including the one used by another famed leaker on this board), and there were more sources on top of that who were saying the same things. In fact, there were even graphics produced for this...so it's not like it was a weak rumor of sorts.

Still, while I hope for August 1 to come through as stated, I truely hope that Disney hasn't caught on to the leaks, and threw a curve by delaying a release. I hope even more that Disney hasn't seen increased bookings and cancelled it altogether.

However, if everyone deems it fit run me off the dis, I suppose it's well warranted.

I've always tried to help everyone I possibly can, and would never pass along information that didn't appear solid, founded, and meaningful.

Joe, I just want to say thank you. I am coming from Aus for my first trip to WDW and I knew nothing of FD or RO discounts till I stumbled upon this thread. I don't have a DV, and I am not able to change my dates, but you have given me hope that these things may be offered to me. If they are that will make our trip even more special, if not, we are coming anyway. I think some of you need to chillax. A rumour is just that until verification is supplied. Be grateful that you are able to visit this wonderful place, for the most part, when you want. Now bare in mind those of us that may be able to visit once in a lifetime. I understand the scrimping and saving bit, my trip is going to cost us around 20K for 5 of us, as I have 2 kids that are counted as adults at Disney, my 83 yo mum is also coming along. I can only afford to stay at a Value Resort, but I wanted to make sure that my kids are able to live in what you guys call the bubble for a week. FD would have been awesome, and if it comes out on Thursday that will make my day, but to crucify someone who has said from day one not to change plans until this is fact is just horrible and you should be ashamed.
Thank you Joe. I think you are pretty great.

Carolyn :thumbsup2

We all knew it was a rumor, its not your fault people are getting so worked up for it, its not even the 1st!

I love these Boards also, but, I will not get my hopes up unless I hear it from an official Disney source. When the thread said Free Dining dates "confirmed", I assumed it was official not something leaked. Our vacation is already paid for, this would have been a little icing on the cake. I will keep my eye out for a discount but not get my hopes up.

Aaaaw. Don't be sad! You've been very helpful to a lot of people.
LOl... I think you are the true victim here...how dare Disney take advantage of your leaks and book all those vacations for people expecting FD and then not follow through!

Come on, people...all of this name calling is not helping anyone. It's time to stop all the bickering and act like the adults you are. Here are the FACTS we know to be 100% true:

1. Black shared with us some leaked info from his sources. Sources that have been accurate in the past.

2. Black stated the rumored deal's released date would be Aug. 1, and that DV holders MIGHT get an early release as they have MOST of the time in the past.

3. It is not Aug. 1.

4. It has been said repeatedly by multiple people that no one should alter plans based on any rumor.

5. The definition of rumor is "A currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth"

6. Phone CMs give out incorrect info on a regular basis and would have no idea if a pending offer was pulled. I was once told that POP doesn't have a lake. So take everything said by a phone CM with a grain (or truckload) of salt.

There is no one to blame for ANYTHING. Personal accountability is the only thing in play here.

Smitch.....while I personally agree with 100% what you wrote....the title does say "CONFIRMED"...and the MODS failed by leaving this in this section....every other "rumor" is moved to the rumor board faster than the speed of light...this wasn't...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I booked the trip that I wanted and that I could afford. I would like a discount so that I can spend more money while there and also keep the overall total down; however, since I booked what I could afford then I'm ok if nothing happens. No one ever promised me anything so there is nothing for me to be upset about. I don't buy a house I can't afford to pay the mortgage for and don't book trips that I can't afford either. I think that's the real lesson that people should take out of this regardless of whether the discounts come or not.

This board is about information sharing and sharing the magic of our trips and the planning of our trips. I'm glad I found it and thankfull to everyone sharing information and wishing well of others. I hope that people get the discounts they need and have the trips they want in the end.

Smitch.....while I personally agree with 100% what you wrote....the title does say "CONFIRMED"...and the MODS failed by leaving this in this section....every other "rumor" is moved to the rumor board faster than the speed of light...this wasn't...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

And it also says Aug 1st

I am confused - Where did everyone get a definitive date and time (today at 7am), when the original poster said that he guessed it would be released to visa cardholders a few days before Aug 1st, like maybe July 29 ?

I was checking all the websites to see where people were getting this date as a solid date. Did I miss something??

Speculation, pure and simple, based on the fact that DV usually releases 3 days earlier than GP.

I also appreciate the information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter