‘Tron-orail’ divides Disney faithful

ppony said:
:rotfl:

TTB. Can I post this photo on my FB page w/ credit given to you??? It's SO COOL!

(Of course, I liked the cake castel too so..... :rolleyes1 :rotfl: )
I proudly drive around w/ Disney advertised on my car too. I'd much rather advertise willingly for them as opposed to a radio station or a stupid grocery store.

ppony, feel free to post it where ever you like! Thanks for asking.

I'm not phased as much by the fact that I don't like the way it looks. I'm more phased by the tacky and sleazy marketing ploy. This is absolutely no different than a major city's bus system with billboards on the side.

That being said, I'm not in the least bit surprised. The powers that be care only about the money now, not the prestige and legacy (no pun intended) of the Disney name.

You see advertising all over the themeparks. I can see that some might find this a bit too "in your face" though. I love the blue color in these pictures so I guess that's why I'm OK with it. I wouldn't mind a monorail being that shade of blue (without the Tron reference) permanently.

By the way, I did NOT like the cake castle which some have mentioned. I thought that looked garish. I don't see this as the same but I guess that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I'm curious to know how much this wrap affects the view out the windows?

You see advertising all over the themeparks. I can see that some might find this a bit too "in your face" though. I love the blue color in these pictures so I guess that's why I'm OK with it. I wouldn't mind a monorail being that shade of blue (without the Tron reference) permanently.

By the way, I did NOT like the cake castle which some have mentioned. I thought that looked garish. I don't see this as the same but I guess that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I'm curious to know how much this wrap affects the view out the windows?

It washes out/blurs the view some but not too much. Since the windows are completely covered now, it does make taking pictures from the windows virtually impossible now.

Not here to argue, just to get the facts out. A quote from the Orlando Sentinel:

"Walt Disney World has built a new monorail train using the undamaged remains of two trains that collided in a deadly accident over the summer.

The new train is expected to go into service later this fall.

It will be painted with a teal stripe to distinguish it from the resort's other trains, each of which have a unique color. Disney said the colors pink and purple -- the colors of the two trains involved in the collision -- will be retired out of respect for employees following the first fatal accident in the Disney World monorail's 38-year history."

You can read the whole article here http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-bk-disney-world-monorail-101609,0,3042435.story

So you're telling my wife and me that we didn't see what we saw. OK.

I know the Orlando Sentinel is my authority for all things Disney since they are such big fans of the Disney parks and have all the insider scoop.

It washes out/blurs the view some but not too much. Since the windows are completely covered now, it does make taking pictures from the windows virtually impossible now.
THAT is a shame. I like my view unobstructed as much as possible. I disliked the silly balloons for that reason. The color is still pretty though (no matter what stripe is under it). ;)

Another thing, blue on coral could make a stripe look purple. Just a thought because I don't have a clue. :rotfl:

So you're telling my wife and me that we didn't see what we saw. OK.

I know the Orlando Sentinel is my authority for all things Disney since they are such big fans of the Disney parks and have all the insider scoop.

I can't tell you what you and your wife saw that day since I wasn't with you. What I can tell you is that there is no purple monorail anymore. I see the monorails every day going to and from work and ride them at least 4 times a week. Perhaps like another poster stated you could have seen the coral color underneath the blue wrap and might have looked purple to you. There are only 11 monorail right now Red, Orange, Gold, Yellow, Teal, Lime, Green, Blue, Silver, Black, Coral(Tronorail).

I don't argure with the Sentinel, as long as they get information from Disney public relations. Can't argue when Disney says theres no purple monorail...

Here is the yellow side of the monorail. Gives you an idea how it goes with Flower and Garden Festival.:lmao:

4464106332_a93f04e812_b_d.jpg

This is an amazing shot! Thanks for sharing it with us!:worship:

It was actually "between" cars (at the end of a car) and not "underneath". It was about 1/4-1/2" and you could still see all the monorail colors (white and purple stripe with the black outlines) because the wrap wrapped around an outer contour and left the back uncovered just ever so slightly.

I bet someone else will see it today and post a picture of it. Wait and see.

I assure you that I saw a purple stripe under the wrap between cars. Not going to argue this with you but my wife saw it too. We didn't make a big deal of it because there were monorail CMs standing around and we were at THE dock at the TTC and we didn't want to bring back those emotions with the CMs.

I know what I saw.

It could be possible that some of the extra cars were used to replace coral cars before the wrap. If they combined the two monorails to make one new one there would still be some left over.

Just a thought.

It was actually "between" cars (at the end of a car) and not "underneath". It was about 1/4-1/2" and you could still see all the monorail colors (white and purple stripe with the black outlines) because the wrap wrapped around an outer contour and left the back uncovered just ever so slightly.

I bet someone else will see it today and post a picture of it. Wait and see.

What end was it on? I'll go check it out today.

What end was it on? I'll go check it out today.

Now my wife says it was PINK. I admit I am color-blind but I noticed it first (just the fact that you actually COULD still see a little stripe and found it interesting that Disney had "screwed up" the wrap) and my wife verified it and she says it was PINK. Sorry about that.

My memory says it was about 2/3 of the way back from the front. I just assumed it was all of what was left of the pink train and that there were more breaks like this between other cars but we never caught that one again so I never verified that. It was the last couple of days of our trip.

Go look. I wish I was still there. LOL

I bet you'll see it if you look between all the cars.

Now my wife says it was PINK. I admit I am color-blind but I noticed it first (just the fact that you actually COULD still see a little stripe and found it interesting that Disney had "screwed up" the wrap) and my wife verified it and she says it was PINK. Sorry about that.

My memory says it was about 2/3 of the way back from the front. I just assumed it was all of what was left of the pink train and that there were more breaks like this between other cars but we never caught that one again so I never verified that. It was the last couple of days of our trip.

Go look. I wish I was still there. LOL

I bet you'll see it if you look between all the cars.

No problem. Pink and Coral look very similar. That is why they gave Coral white deltas to distinguish they two when they were both on the system. The wrap stops at the door opening and you can still see the Coral color. This is intentional and not a mistake in the wrap.

All of the Pink cars from the accident were added to the undamaged Purple cars to make Teal. They were not used on any other monorail.

I'm a lover of the Tron-orail! :goodvibes I think it looks great and it's nice change when heading into Epcot.

I am glad it's only on the Epcot line, I do agree it wouldn't fit in over on the Magic Kingdom.

Either way, I'm hoping for a few pictures and a ride on it in May :thumbsup2

ppony, feel free to post it where ever you like! Thanks for asking.

THANKS!!!!! :thumbsup2 I still need to hit you up for some hi-res (or highER res) pix for scrapbooking. You inspire me to try harder in my Disney pix. I might actually bring my Nikon D60 with this time. ;)

was there yesterday and it was amazing. i forgot my camera though. might try to go back next weekend and get some pics of that and flower and garden.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter