‘Tron-orail’ divides Disney faithful

not sure if anyone can do this but if you can, can someone post a video of them riding the tron monorail. i'd love to see it. thanks! :)

Las Vegas now has a less garish, less money-grubbing monorail than Walt Disney World.

Disney World beat Vegas on Tacky.

:sad2:

I guess it really boils down to whether or not you were a fan of the movie. All the people calling it loud and tacky porbably felt the same way about Tron... me on the other hand, LOVED that movie growing up and it is a part of the Disney mystique that has long been undervalued (along with The Black Hole -- but that's another story). The Tron wrap looks perfectly fine as an addition to Epcot... now if only someone would create a Tron experience...

Here is the yellow side of the monorail. Gives you an idea how it goes with Flower and Garden Festival.:lmao:

4464106332_a93f04e812_b_d.jpg

Take a good look at this photo... besides the fact that it is an awesome example of composition and ps skills, it proves that the magic remains. The Tronorail blends seamlessly into this landscape ENHANCING the look... much moreso than the advertisements for Oceans and Alice that are scattered everywhere...

I guess it really boils down to whether or not you were a fan of the movie. All the people calling it loud and tacky porbably felt the same way about Tron... me on the other hand, LOVED that movie growing up and it is a part of the Disney mystique that has long been undervalued (along with The Black Hole -- but that's another story). The Tron wrap looks perfectly fine as an addition to Epcot... now if only someone would create a Tron experience...

It's nice to see somebody else on here that liked The Black Hole.

You may be right, ;) but speaking for myself, I didn't care for the movie but THIS makes me want to see it. The advertising did it's job. :thumbsup2

Frankly, my dear, I felt the movie sucked. But I am impressed by the Tronorail... I give it :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Nope. I dig Tron highly, just don't like the monowrap or clings of any kind. I'm all about the clean lines and color stripes.

When I was growing up, I watched Tron and I still watch it today. I loved seeing the tron-o-rail! The day it came out, I was in Epcot and I wore my Tron shirt and almost every cast member I walked by asked me if I had seen it and they really liked my shirt. :thumbsup2 I still love the monorails but seeing the tron-o-rail was really cool!!

Chiming in here - my family loved the Tronorail when we saw it in person in June. One night, we decided to park at Epcot, and take the monorail over to MK for EMH. While the family rode Test Track, I watched and noted the order of monorails through the park, so I timed our ride over to coincide with a Tronorail - we rode the blue and yellow one. Left MK around 12:30 and imagine our delight when we saw the blue Tronorail waiting at the platform to go to Epcot. We were the ONLY ones on the entire ride.

When we exited, I took a photo of the family in front of the door. The Cast Member offered to take a photo of all of us for me, which was great! (but he moved the camera, so it didn't turn out well). Then he let me take a photo up close since we were the only ones there and no one was waiting to get on. He held the driver until we were done.

I thanked him and told him we loved the Tronorail. He said he did too and was always glad to meet others who agreed.

So, for us, a little pixie dust - BOTH Tronorails in the same trip.

I loved the movie Tron. It was brilliant and so far ahead of it's time, that the story holds up today, especially if you know anything about computer programming. Looking forward to the new one, too.

I hope they are still there when we go in october, I assume they will be since movie don't come out til December.

As a guy, I love it. My gf doesn't care either way. I applaud Disney's decision on this one. While Disney princesses appeal to young girls, Tron will likely appeal to young boys and Gen-Xers like myself who don't mind a little testosterone in the park every now and then!

love Tron
looking forward to the new Tron
hate the TronOrail or any other AdvertisOrail

Not everything has to be a commercial. Leave the monorails alone.

And while I'm at it...I'm all for corporate sponsors of attractions, but it should be tastefullly stated,not in our face. I hated the Semens projection on Spaceship Earth, tacky....

The longer it is there, the less I like it.

I agree with the PP who said that not everything needs to be a commercial and the monorail ought to be left alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter