‘Tron-orail’ divides Disney faithful

Here is the yellow side of the monorail. Gives you an idea how it goes with Flower and Garden Festival.:lmao:

4464106332_a93f04e812_b_d.jpg

Incredibly beautiful photo but it looks like the colors have been enhanced or the photo was shot with special filters. I can't imagine all the colors being so vibrant and the sky being the same shade of blue.

Gah! I think it's all pretty gaudy and horrible.

I'm not adverse to the idea of the monorail suddenly showing up with a little Tron theming--I have fond memories of the movie--but make it just look a little light-cylce-y or something.

Once text gets involved it's not homage or theming fun, it's out and out advertising... which I do NOT want to see in Walt Disney World at the "meta" level.

So when the next pirates movie comeso out, we're gonna see Johnny Depp monorails with release dates all over them?

I thought this wrap was gonig to be temporary? I saw it the first week of July. Personally, I didn't care for it. I would rather see random characters all over if Disney feels the need to spruce things up. This monorail seems overdone, by having the entire thing colored. Perhaps a logo, or just something inside the colored stripe.. or even the conductors area, would "look" more like it belongs.

Everyone is entitled to love it or hate it.. obviously Disney didn't call any of us and ask us our opinions before putting it into service :thumbsup2 Or.. maybe they did and you are just not identifying yourselves.;)

I love it! I think it's awesome, I love the colour.

For everyone complaining, it's not forever, so just wait it out.

Only two of the monorails have the new skin.

And with everything that goes on in the park, you barely notice it's there.

The Tronorail is cool and appropriate. I've been going to Epcot since it opened in 1982, which is the same year Tron came out. The movie and the park had a similar futuristic feel for me back then. Computer animation from Tron was even used in part of Horizon's IMAX sized film clips.

I've seen the Tronorail go through Epcot several times now and I'm excited to see it each time. It looks like a giant light cycle going through Future World. I might have a different feeling if I thought it was permanent or on all of the monorails, but even if they are there for two years, I'd still think it was cool.

I like it, for the same reasons as PPs.

I understand some may not like the way it looks, people have different opinions.

What I don't understand is why the animosity. Disney often decorate the parks in appropriate ways when movies came out.

For princess and the Frog: they decorated the riverboat (and people complained they did not have more decorations at PO).

The lighcyles traveling through Epcot is a GREAT idea. And, they HAD to have "TRON" written somewhere on the tronorail. Too many people wouldn't know what that was otherwise.

I would also like it if they decorated TTA with lightcycles. That would be awsome at night!

I don't know about the animosity part, but when I saw if for the first time last week, I thought "*Eww..that's ugly".. then DD said, the monorail looked sad (we saw the blue one). I don't know why I didn't think "oh cool", but I def. didn't.. I def. thought *Eww*. Again, I think if they would have done Tron on a smaller scale on the monorail, people wouldn't have such strong feelings against it.;)

I like it, for the same reasons as PPs.

I understand some may not like the way it looks, people have different opinions.

What I don't understand is why the animosity. Disney often decorate the parks in appropriate ways when movies came out.

For princess and the Frog: they decorated the riverboat (and people complained they did not have more decorations at PO).

The lighcyles traveling through Epcot is a GREAT idea. And, they HAD to have "TRON" written somewhere on the tronorail. Too many people wouldn't know what that was otherwise.

I would also like it if they decorated TTA with lightcycles. That would be awsome at night!
It's ugly and it makes our beloved monorail into a billboard. And the billboard is for a re-do of something that wasn't even all that great the first time around, which is just icing on the cake.

Speaking of cakes...I feel very similar feelings about this Tronorail that I did about the cake.

Just leave some things alone, Disney. Stop fixing what isn't broken. Don't "new and improve" everything until it all sucks. Please.

So interesting to see how one person's beauty is distasteful to another. We saw the tronorail the on July 2 and I for one was really taken with it. I'm not a sci-fi fan, but it just looked really sleek and fit in nicely at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter