‘Tron-orail’ divides Disney faithful

Thanks for the link. I think the tronorail looks pretty sweet. I'm fine with it since they only "tronified" two of the monorails on the Epcot track. I'm really interested to see what they look like in person.

I got a picture last week, but it was from the bus with the sun in the background so the picture is terrible...all you can tell is that the monorail is darker than normal.

As a fan of the original movie (especially the Light Cycles), I like it. If it simply said "Tron Legacy" then I think I would be indifferent but the image of the Light Cycle streaking across the track is kind of neat.

As others have said, it's not on all the monorails and it's temporary.

Now my husband is all excited to see this.

As for those who oppose advertising on the monorails, the whole place is a big walking advertisement!

I'm looking forward to seeing it in May. I am glad it is just this line only. Last week, on a rainy day, I pulled out the original TRON movie to watch - preparing for TRON Legacy in December.

Going next week ....
I had to prep my DH who does not deal well with change and is not a sci-fi fan (well except for the sci-fi dine inn).

Its only temporary ... remember the birthday castleprincess:

I love the look of the monorail so much I hate to see anything on it, balloons, Tron advertising, whatever. I like my monorail cling-free-- just the stripes, please. :) At least it's temporary, but I have to wonder what the next thing will be...

I think it's funny when people complaign it's an advertisement. The whole place is an advertisement.

If they put advertisements on the chests and backs of boxers, it was bound to happen to a monorail too. They are talking about putting ads on school buses where we live...it's all about the money !!

I think its ugly, ugly, ugly I hate it, not because of advertisement, but its UGLY :crazy2:. At least its temporary.

We were there the day it premiered and didn't know it was new. DH noticed it right away and was very excited. I liked it and thought it was very nice looking. DH is a fan of the movie and has been looking forward to the new movie very much, this just fueled his excitement. The ad for the movie worked on him!

I'm not fond of anything being plastered on the monorail cars. I didn't mind the balloons too much, but those are actually rather innocent and could appeal to young and old. The idea of using something like Tron wouldn't appeal to as many people. Including me.

I'm not a fan but as long as its temporary and sticks to the monorail trains only I'm ok with it for a while. I just love the classic monorail look, I don't like the current balloon/celebrate clings on the window. I like it just plain and classic.

Yeah they should remove all the advertising in all the parks and get back to what the parks are for..............................................................advertising!? and making money!?:lmao:

This place is just one big commercial after another. Don't get me wrong I love this place but I realize that they are hocking their goods in every shape form and fashion and I am OK with that cause it is to be expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter