‘Tron-orail’ divides Disney faithful

Here is the yellow side of the monorail. Gives you an idea how it goes with Flower and Garden Festival.:lmao:

4464106332_a93f04e812_b_d.jpg

Now that is a sweet picture.:thumbsup2

When you see the Tron monorail in person I think it looks classy when it is going through Epcot.

I got one for everyone. People are complaining about the Tronrails and advertising. So how many here have t-shirts,cups,drink coasters,hats,glasses and many other things that have the Mouse brand on it. Hello people you are just as bad as the Tronrails. When we walk around with shirts or hats on. Are we not walking advertisments for WDW. HELLO!!!!.
Once again just be happy you get to go to WDW. Alot of people cannot afford to go.

The funny thing that I find is how everyone is complaining about advertising. I mean when you consider your everyday life you are exposed to hundreds of ads whether it be on tv or on the radio. Yet we are all up in outrage with what Disney did. I think people are upset because Disney changed something and some people don't adjust well to change. I mean look at the sorcerer mickey's hate. People are upset with that because apparently it is so "ugly" and it takes away from the park.

At least they made this "ad" look nice :D

In my opinion the monorail is the monorail. It hasn't changed, just the design, and I think it looks very cool.

Hate on me for saying that, but it's the truth.
:)

Personally, the advertising doesn't bother me, and I'm not "complaining" about the Tronorails. I just prefer the classic look of the monorails...just an opinion. As someone on this thread previously mentioned, some of these designs make it difficult to see out of the monorail windows, making it difficult to photograph or even get a full view outside the window. That's why I really disliked the balloons on the windows. I like an unobstructed view of the "World" ouside. ;)

I said this before on another thread of the same topic...but
In case many forgot the lands at Disneyland (thus Disneyworld)
were choosen to promote Walt's projects.
Adventureland to promote the real life series.
Frontierland to promote Davy Crocket.
Fantasyland to promote the movies like Snow White, Dumbo ect.
So what's the big deal?

I bet if disney offered free 1 day entrance to the park if your put a Temporary tattoo on your forehead, dozens of diser's and thousands of others, would be walking around with Tron tattoo on their head saying how cool it was they got a free day at Disney.

I was glad to hear that the Tronorail only travels to Epcot. At first I pictured it infront of the Magic Kingdom and that wasn't very appealing. But keeping it only on the Express route to Epcot isn't that bad. Sure, I'm a traditionalist and prefer the old stripe, but I don't see Disney keeping this a common practice.

Why is it assumed that those who don't like it aesthetically don't like it because of the advertising? :confused3 I've been going to WDW since the 70s and am quite well aware of all the corporate sponsorship and branding that goes hand in hand with the Disney parks. I even enjoy reminiscing about the sponsorships and branding over the years, because a lot of it has been actually fun and quite creative. I simply do not like how the monorail looks with stuff on it, period. I didn't like when they stuck balloons or Stitch on it, and I don't like this. JMO and YMMV. :)

So many threads about this, and it's the same thing back and forth. What I would like to know is what it's like to ride the Tronorail from the INSIDE.... Can you see anything, or is the cab dark and gloomy with a completely obstructed and unphotographable(!) view outside? That's where the bigger impact is.

The film they use for ads that cover windows has lots of perforations in it allowing light in and a somewhat dimmer (but fairly comprehensive) view out. It's like the stuff cities have on their buses...

When you see the Tron monorail in person I think it looks classy when it is going through Epcot.

DH and I saw it for the first time Wednesday and both thought the same thing. The colors seem to blend nicely; we didn't think it looked gaudy at all. DH doesn't typically like this type of change, but he liked the Tronorail.

Hey everyone! I think the monorail looks great myself! Just curious, does anyone know which monorail "color" they converted to the "Tronorail?" Thanks!

It's horrible. They might as well go ahead and start putting ABC and ESPN logos on the sides of the Monorails. Maybe they can figure out a way to put lighted bill boards on the sides of the Monorails, where business can buy advertisement, like city buses. Besides all of that, it's just ugly, plain and simple.

Looks great,what a terrefic photo from the flower and garden show!

We love it and a huge monorail fans - this is a definite improvement over the balloons or Stitch licking the windows. Nothing wrong with this for the Epcot loop. The Epcot monorails are the city busses of the city of the future, and city busses almost everywhere have advertising on them, so this is just keeping up with Walt's dream, really. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter