Yee Haw Bob Sexual Harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
...We need to teach men not to sexually assault and harass people. It's like telling women to cover up more so that men won't rape them. Or, more realistically, will rape someone else instead of them.

The #metoo campaign was for ANYONE who has experienced sexual assault or harassment. It absolutely applies. Not sure where you got the idea that it was only for a boss/subordinate situation. That's just not true.
This is rhetoric. All people, men and women, know it is NOT alright to harass or assault one another or to ever touch an unwilling person sexually. The perpetrators of these incidents (the smutty comments, illicit grabs and strokes we're talking about - not rape) do so because NOBODY STOPS THEM!!! And stopping them means resisting and speaking out/calling them out in the moment.
Oh really that's all? If he did that to my daughter I"m pretty sure he'd be playing piano toothless.

Edit to add it's not considered sexual assault what he did and I don't think it's even a crime, but I think it's not becoming of a Disney employee and I sure wouldn't let him get away with it, if it really happened, that is.
:thumbsup2 Quite right. And likely the last time he grabbed somebody that way - at least without momentarily considering the consequences.

Last edited:
Hmmm ... I was re-reading the FB entry looking for the guy who wanted to jail Bob.

Here 'tis - "Forget firing - when something like this happens, particularly if there are witnesses and/or photographic or video evidence, PRESS CHARGES. Sexual assault is not a "fire him" offence, it's a "lock him up" offense."

The author was Will Garmer.

Wasn't there one other woman who didn't speak up? Maybe, like some women on this thread, a butt squeeze was not that big a deal to her.
Her original post:
“(In the meantime,
Wasn't there one other woman who didn't speak up? Maybe, like some women on this thread, a butt squeeze was not that big a deal to her.
Original Post: “In the meantime, I had heard that this had happened to another friend. She chose not to report, as was her prerogative).”

It wouldn't have because, as always, it depends on the situation.

But say they were posing for pictures in a hug and he squeezed a different body part like her waist or shoulder? Would that be assault?

Is it possible that he just had his hand on her rear and squeezed like you would when you had your hand on any other part? I'm talking about a "squeezing in" type shot if you can picture what I mean.
I am really trying to see a butt pinch or squeeze as assault, but I just can't. I see it as no different than any other body part.
Now if he had stuck his hand up her shorts and under her panties that would be one thing, but she isn't saying he did anything like that.
I think she is pissed that he touched her, and she has that right but I think trying to get him fired on just her word of what happened is wrong.
If she feels that strongly about it, she should get herself a lawyer and go after him legally.
Give the guy a chance to really defend himself.

I'm sorry, I have no desire to get into a conversation about what specifically constitutes sexual assault or harassment.

Apparently in your opinion anything that makes the “victim” feel assaulted.

I still wonder, where are the other women? Have there been any? Or is this really the only one that's ever been touched by him? Because someone else would have spoken out by now

I agree, I doubt that if this was what he is like she would be the only person he ever did it to. And so far one “other” anonymous person on reddit has come forward. Even if they didn’t think much of it at the time they would say yeah I believe you because it happened.
Case and point:one trip to DL we had breakfast at the Plaza Inn, after DH told me that Gepetto had punched him hard in the arm. He said it was a “playful” walked away laughing thing but it had been really hard (my husband is a rugby player, for him to call it hard, and enough to mention it would have had to be something), it is now a family joke anytime we see Gepetto (kick his butt dad), we didn’t complain or anything, it likely wasn’t intentional (to do so would be really strange) but if we saw a thread, teeet etc with someone else saying they had been hurt, I would raise the incident to see if it was an ongoing thing (which I doubt it was)

As someone who did come forward, when you do, you feel like you are on trial. My story happened years before the internet, but seeing how some women have been brutally talked about, stalked, bashed, threatened and their lived ruined because they've come forward I don't know if I would have the courage to do so these days.

It is a slippery slope. Myself, after going to the police decided not to go any further. The potential “justice” wasn’t worth the risk of not getting it and having to go through everything again, nor I am sure even if I had got justice it would have been worth having to go through everything so publicly. Is it right? No but I also don’t think it’s right to unquestionably accept accusations.
As hard as I have thought about this I cannot see a way where the accusers arent having to be retramatized by being questioned about the actual incident for evidence, their character called into question (because it is a he said she said) and while also protecting someone’s reputation while being accused, not assuming they are guilty and giving them the right to defend themselves (which often immediately get called victim blaming)
Mud sticks and it is important that we don’t go so far to protect the accuser that we are willing to allow a persons life to be destroyed by an old unsubstantiated claim.

I do think that Yeeha Bob should sue her for slander.

Here are the 2 portions you bolded:

No one EVER touched my person w/o consequences or permission (implicit or stated; different time, LOL) since my grandmother gave me a hatpin at the age of somewhere around 13.

and

I don't sincerely know how to respond to anyone who thinks that telling another "to knock it off" is the answer to being butt pinched; beyond my comprehension and I just don't want to walk in those shoes since it's completely anathema to my upbringing.

And here are my further explanations.
First bold portion:

I used the hatpin my Nana gave me (and others I bought through the years) to poke any person who touched me inappropriately on the subway or bus. All crowded areas with too many mashers to quantify ( google "masher" since I'm sure you are younger ;)). I also used it on a pervert who was feeling up a mentally disabled girl who was standing on a crowded bus going up Fordham Road in the Bronx. I was a high schooler at the time. He dinna get too much of the pin since other females of similar age were pinching, kicking, and loudly calling him out. The driver stopped the bus between a stop and the pervert got off probably grateful that the tormenting ended. Several girls, self included, got off the bus with his victim, walked her home and explained to her mother what happened ( she had a speech impediment). We made it clear it was his fault, not her's. I wish to this day we had called the police but who knows what their response would have been in that day, age and location.

I think the first bolded section's explanation pretty much explains the second.
Count me as another who has read and reread (and then read again) your post and still can't understand what you're saying. You're saying we shouldn't call someone out for butt grabbing? But we should all carry hatpins? I'm not following. :confused3

Last edited:
My son works with a fellow who several months ago reserved at Wilderness Lodge knowing full well it was under construction. His plan, and he admits it, was to complain about the noise, get a discount and free lodging for his next visit. This is exactly what he accomplished. He says he used to work for Disney and knows just how to get his way. He seems to think he’s very cute and clever, my son thinks he’s disgusting.

Off topic, I know, but I agree with your son. People who do things like that make me so mad!

Count me as another who has read and reread (and then read again) your post and still can't understand what you're saying. You're saying we shouldn't call someone out for butt grabbing? But we should all carry hairpins? I'm not following. :confused3

I think she means we should call them out - or better yet, provide a little physical incentive to stop (the hat pin is an example, but an elbow works just fine!) It's about negative reinforcement in the moment, so behavior like this is reduced.

I think she means we should call them out - or better yet, provide a little physical incentive to stop (the hat pin is an example, but an elbow works just fine!) It's about negative reinforcement in the moment, so behavior like this is reduced.
I understand where the hatpin comes in, but this...

I don't sincerely know how to respond to anyone who thinks that telling another "to knock it off" is the answer to being butt pinched; beyond my comprehension and I just don't want to walk in those shoes since it's completely anathema to my upbringing.

...reads as though she's saying verbally confronting someone is NOT the appropriate way to handle it. Unless she accidentally omitted a word or two and unintentionally wrote the opposite of what she meant, which is possible.

...reads as though she's saying verbally confronting someone is NOT the appropriate way to handle it. Unless she accidentally omitted a word or two and unintentionally wrote the opposite of what she meant, which is possible.
Agree that's how it reads. :scratchin But "reading between the lines" the hatpin comment brings me to mind of the old-fashioned idea my mother's and grandmother's generation held. A "lady" would feel free to briskly slap the face of any man who accosted them in an "ungentlemanly" manner. Believe it or not, I saw this happen many times during my youth. Publicly, but not in a way it necessarily made a scene, KWIM? Heck, in our circles I even saw wives do it to their own husbands when they got "fresh" in an inappropriate setting. It's a little different than just saying something to actively resist a "move", which I think is probably what most of us would advocate today.

At least I wasn't the only one confused and still am. But truly not important to this story at this time I suppose. Just me being nosey

Count me as another who has read and reread (and then read again) your post and still can't understand what you're saying. You're saying we shouldn't call someone out for butt grabbing? But we should all carry hatpins? I'm not following. :confused3
You shouldn't call them out, you should physically assault them. Or at least that is how I read it.

I've been to the Yehaa Bob show quite a few times over the past ten years. Throughout that time I recall that Bob pointed away in the photos with guests, and I did not ever see him inappropriately touch any guest. I don't know what may have happened or not happened in the alleged incident four or six years ago (interesting contradiction as to when), but what I observed every time I attended is a family-friendly show that brought happiness, joy, and laughter to large numbers of guests of all ages. I would hate to see this show ruined by an internet mob jumping to conclusions over one alleged occurrence that seems very out of character for this talented and kind performer. Perhaps it was a misunderstanding or I don't know what, but it would be a shame to disregard all the good that he has done over the years, over one report that is not even self-consistent. When something uncomfortable happens, it is better to speak up in the moment if you can (and we've all had times when we were too startled to do so), give the other party a chance to apologize if they did not mean to offend, take steps to get the best resolution you can, and then "let it go" rather than dredge it up years later.

However, earlier this year when I was posing for a photo with Louie the Monkey, he flailed his arms around wildly and touched my breasts. I figured it was probably an accident, so I didn't report it at the time. But in light of the new rules of the #metoo movement, I now want you all to write to Disney and demand that they fire Louie the Monkey for being a sexual assaulter. Oh, but it doesn't show up in the photos since they were taken a moment later, so I guess they should just fire him based on my recollection. Never mind.

Seriously, I hope this situation will be resolved in a manner that is fair and emotionally healthy for all concerned.

Sorry, I didn't expand the quote, so I was only re-reading the first bold. I guess maybe she did mean words aren't enough and we should go straight to the pushing away part?

I personally think a well-intoned "Really?" with the right look can sometimes work wonders, but I have no problem with physically swatting the unwanted hand away if necessary.

Last edited:
I found the thread on Facebook. It is amazing how many people are willing to not only accept an accusation with no proof as fact but also to pile on anyone that asks a legitimate question. I'm not touching that crazy with a 10 foot pole.
Just on her FB site. Can’t believe all the people claiming she’s “brave” & “courageous” .. seriously? I’m also watching Nightly News with Lester Holt .. now he’s talking about some real brave & courageous people.

Also see that Michelle posted email addresses for contacts with Disney & The Sentinel so people can “share their feelings” with them. I think I’ll do just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter