Yee Haw Bob Sexual Harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are basically saying the same thing that many here are saying. You take action when the incident occurs, in a myriad of ways, from a quiet stick with a sharp object to a slap in the face, and most anything in between that makes it clear you don't do that.
In this day and age you SHOULD call someone out for butt grabbing and use that camera on your smart phone while you are at it. In my day (and that of my mother's AND grandmother's) a hat pin sufficed.

Just found the Facebook thread, that is a witch hunt. Andre, sorry that one woman really attacked you.

I know! And when that person then demanded that I remove any photos which she had ever submitted to portorleans.org, just because I happen to run that site, I started to realise just what kind of singularly polarised mind-set I was dealing with in that thread.

I did manage to track down her photos in the end by the way. After a bit of searching through the source code they were tucked away in a pretty-much obsolete archive page with a handful of other historical in-room decor photos. There were about six pictures of hers, donated right back in the early days of the site and showing the bedspreads and general decor of a French Quarter room from October 2005. I have now unlinked them from the site anyway, purely as a goodwill gesture.

Quite what she thinks she has actually gained from that bit of petulance, apart from taking up about three minutes of my time, is beyond me though. She must realise that it's no skin at all off my nose as my site has more than 6,000 other Port Orleans photos for guests to peruse. So as far as I can see, all that she has achieved is to slightly hinder other resort guests and Disney fans from doing archive research into the progression of French Quarter's room decor over previous refurbishments. In short, an utterly pointless waste of time which ends up spiting other people not me.

Andre

I'm confused. My impression from reading this thread is that this was getting attention and had mass social media awareness. The facebook post has 50 shares, 114 reactions, and 100 comments. The tweet has 6 comments, 15 retweets, and 16 likes. Only one person has been tweeting at Disney on her behalf. There are no news articles, blog posts, YouTube videos, etc.

In the grand scheme of things, no one outside the Disney fan community is even aware of this, and probably few of them at that. I couldn't find any official/formal address of any of it by the accused or his employer. Granted, I have been searching with the correct spelling of his name and not the one on this thread, but that shouldn't make a tremendous difference. So... am I missing something?

I'm confused. My impression from reading this thread is that this was getting attention and had mass social media awareness. The facebook post has 50 shares, 114 reactions, and 100 comments. The tweet has 6 comments, 15 retweets, and 16 likes. Only one person has been tweeting at Disney on her behalf. There are no news articles, blog posts, YouTube videos, etc.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, having just revisited the FB post to check some details (oh, and apparently I legally have no say as I'm not an American by the way).

There has only been one comment on the original FB complaint post since 12 Nov, which is far more pro-Bob than most of the others ("Can we please leave the #metoo hashtag to the real victims of assult, rape, and molestation?!? Not the prudent masses who find malice and intent to harm in every misinterpreted butt grab during a photo session"). The Shares seem to have dwindled and pretty-much stopped at 50, which is not a small number but hardly runaway viral status either. Perhaps general public opinion is less in her favour than we all originally thought?

Andre

I read a Tweet from her cohost dated November 10 in which he mentions that there have been multiple pinching “victims” yet I haven’t seen anything to suggest that anybody besides this woman has made any complaints.

IMO that Tweet was flat-out libel. I really can’t imagine what the end game is for these two. These people have a hobby, business or whatever it is that relies on a friendly relationship with WDW.

Plus they’ve ruined all credibility of their podcast by making these allegations, no matter which way you see it. If you believe her accusations, then they look bad for continuing to tout a business that tried to buy her off. If you don’t believe them or feel that the whole thing is a misunderstanding, then you’ll have zero use for their podcast.

I find this 24 pages of posts to be more damaging than the FB post. I have never seen his show, but I am appalled that this board has let this "witch hunt" continue over here. With all of the horrific things happening in the world today, being in a public place 4 or 6 years ago where someone may or may not have touched you for a second or two in an inappropriate way, allowing this woman a platform, through others on this board seems strange to me.

I read a Tweet from her cohost dated November 10 in which he mentions that there have been multiple pinching “victims” yet I haven’t seen anything to suggest that anybody besides this woman has made any complaints.

IMO that Tweet was flat-out libel. I really can’t imagine what the end game is for these two. These people have a hobby, business or whatever it is that relies on a friendly relationship with WDW.

Plus they’ve ruined all credibility of their podcast by making these allegations, no matter which way you see it. If you believe her accusations, then they look bad for continuing to tout a business that tried to buy her off. If you don’t believe them or feel that the whole thing is a misunderstanding, then you’ll have zero use for their podcast.
I’ve been listening to their podcast for a few years and I’ll continue, hoping to find out something more credible than what I know now. If that doesn’t happen, I’ll be dropping it and advising everyone else I know who listens to it (zero) to do the same.

I am 57 years old. All of my life, I have heard women saying "I didn't want to make a scene." I am saying loud and clear, MAKE A SCENE. Make a movement gals, raise your voice. It happened to me when I was 28, a contractor at my house, an older man, put his hand in the middle of my back and rubbed it and I froze. I pretended nothing was happening. And twice at a concert, the same stranger, grabbed me by the crotch and disappeared into the crowd. I'm so tired of these effin' men who think they can abuse women and get away with it. I think it's time we make some noise, turn to the pervert and say, "GET YOUR EFFING HAND OFF OF MY ***!!!!"

Last edited:

In the grand scheme of things, no one outside the Disney fan community is even aware of this, and probably few of them at that. I couldn't find any official/formal address of any of it by the accused or his employer. Granted, I have been searching with the correct spelling of his name and not the one on this thread, but that shouldn't make a tremendous difference. So... am I missing something?
About the misspellings, both Michelle’s and the one who started this thread .. I know it shouldn’t have anything to do with their credibility, but I always have to groan a little when someone’s making HUGE accusations and can’t get something as simple as the spelling of someone’s name correct. I have to wonder what else is incorrect.

I know! And when that person then demanded that I remove any photos which she had ever submitted to portorleans.org, just because I happen to run that site, I started to realise just what kind of singularly polarised mind-set I was dealing with in that thread.
Unfortunately there's a lot of "singularly polarised mind-set" going on these days.

I find this 24 pages of posts to be more damaging than the FB post. I have never seen his show, but I am appalled that this board has let this "witch hunt" continue over here.

While I partly agree wih you that in the absence of any further evidence (or indeed any evidence at all) this probably needs to go away quickly, I think it is also important for there to be somewhere where both sides of such an issue can be discussed openly and without name-calling and vitriol. And Michelle's FB thread is certainly not the place for a fair and informed discussion - as I found out the hard way! The more recent posts here have been a lot more balanced.

Andre

Last edited:

This is very heartening news indeed! I have not, intentionally, gone out seeking the statements or posts by this woman. I don't want to click on them or read the comments. Especially when others who have tried to present a balanced point of view that there are ALWAYS two sides to any story (3 if you want my opinion, yours, mine and the truth that is always someplace in the middle) have been ran off. I was sort of under the impression that the campaign to run Bob out on a rail was larger than that.

I am 57 years old. All of my life, I have heard women saying "I didn't want to make a scene." I am saying loud and clear, MAKE A SCENE. Make a movement gals, raise your voice. It happened to me when I was 28, a contractor at my house, an older man, put his hand in the middle of my back and rubbed it and I froze. I pretended nothing was happening. And twice at a concert, the same stranger, grabbed me by the crotch and disappeared into the crowd. I'm so tired of these effin' men who think they can abuse women and get away with it. I think it's time we make some noise, turn to the pervert and say, "GET YOUR EFFING HAND OFF OF MY ***!!!!"
YES! Can we get a rousing he!@ yeah! going. This is exactly what needs to happen. It's not ok to be touched, even if it's just the small of the back, when you don't want to be touched there, and it is OK to say so.
Now, I do want to caution (and will to DGD) that every hand on your shoulder isn't "make a scene worthy". Sometimes a person will touch your arm/shoulder and it's not a situation where you should yell "get your hand off me" but it is ok to step away and put more distance or politely lift the hand and remove it.

I find this 24 pages of posts to be more damaging than the FB post. I have never seen his show, but I am appalled that this board has let this "witch hunt" continue over here. With all of the horrific things happening in the world today, being in a public place 4 or 6 years ago where someone may or may not have touched you for a second or two in an inappropriate way, allowing this woman a platform, through others on this board seems strange to me.
Damaging witch hunt? Really? To who exactly?
I find this discussion has been, for the most part, much more about determining what occurred vs rushing over to River Roost tomorrow night with torches to kick Bob out on his keister.
Has there been much discussion about finding holes in her story? Sure has. Because there are holes in her story.
There's been much discussion about empowering women to speak up for themselves and I'm sure that's not damaging either.

After reading @adelaster’s post this morning about the effectiveness of Michelle’s campaign, I think it’s time for me to stop contributing to this thread and giving it more bandwidth to stay on the top of the Community Board (and yes, I know I just bumped it lol). I’ve really said all I wanted about it. I’ll still watch the thread in case there is so news but for the next day I’ll be working in a visit to the River Roost into my trip next month.

I've never seen Yeehaw Bob's act (hope I stated his professional name correctly) so limited my posts in this thread to people in general being aware of the dangers and prevalence of sexual predators out there. I'm so glad that modern women in particular are less inclined to suffering them in silence.

Last edited:
I've never seen Yeehaw Bob's act (hope I stated his professional name correctly) so limited my posts in this thread to people in general being aware of the dangers and prevalence of sexual predators out there. I'm so glad that modern women in particular are less inclined to suffering them in silence.
I attended my first Yehaa Bob show a year and a half ago. It was fun, family friendly and a great night out. I won't hesitate to go see his show again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter