Something About Nothing ... #12

When I priced all out, may just spend the nights all at the Porto, as with SMSM rate, almost same price as going with "value" for the 2 or 3 nights we may come earlier than planned. No price difference between A and CB, but A has gift card, so there's that, and SF was $40 more a night, so while I really liked to stay there, with staying at same, then don't have to move. Now have to check airfare. Good thing about SW, no change fee.

I’ve stayed at two uo hotels before during construction going on

Not worth it for me

If you stay at the Adventura hotel, they will be working on the other buildings

Sleeping in your clothes is a great plan Keisha
Never know when you need to dash out of the house

I haven’t been a good sleeper in years
But have gotten used to limited sleep
Never been one to nap

Got used to sleeping with one ear open when the kids were littles

Much easier now as I don’t work anymore outside the home

Looks like we will get rain later this afternoon
So I’ll join the umbrella club here

pattyw hope the rain goes away when you are in Orlando this week
You only have one more wake up

Yea I know you leave on Thursday but no one sleeps much the day you leave on vacation

Would you believe the sun broke thru early this afternoon - yea!

I never could nap either, amazing what you can do when you have to though lol. Few days in & i’m a pro at it haha

Why do you have to set an alarm Keisha, when you have a dog? LOL I thought leisure was your work. Yeah, my first cruise with my kids, a huge Mickey one, and we go through the outer bands of a hurricane. Stuff fell off store shelves and glass walls broke. Nothing in our cabin broke or fell, but I took 2 pills and wow, that boat really rocked for hours. Didn't stop me from cruising though. And yes, no hurricane in August or October this year. Funny, the only times I have been in a hurricane in FLA was in October and December. The December one was a gulf one, and we were on Sanabel. Never in the summer, all the years we did the end of August in Orlando.

Booked next year's October at Porto, only saw SMSM there and not at RPR. What gives? I guess even over a year out, RPR does not need to offer SMSM rates. Oh well, I like the Porto enough, don't mind staying there, but rather be at RPR. Same as in August, much better rate at Porto than the HRH and RPR. Guess it's because the Porto is furthest from the parks? I don't mind that, as it's not that much further. I tend to use the boats most of the time, anyway.

Yeah, I am a good sleeper, but tend to wake up more now adays. Haven't slept in my day clothes, though I think I did that when I was sick awhile ago.

Yep, 4 day week-end. Done. Wahoo for me.

Safe travels home Schumi.

Patty, yep gray day all along the Eastern coast. Sigh, and the wind is picking up, rain is coming. Umbrella ready for my lunchtime walk. Rebel, no jacket, but almost wish I had worn one.

My dog is trained to not wake me during the night, same as all the others. No freaking way. That’s why they make puppy pads to put in the basement for jik moments

Leisure my work eh?o_O Naw, i retired early from my often two or three jobs at a time BTW, to take care of my my mom with Alzheimer’s, which segued into double duty every weekday with my GD while her parents worked, starting a month after she was born. Still have small sales gigs going and do taxes & volunteer. My hands aren’t idle.

I often thought early on when the new-found responsibilities were dumped on me that I really wished I was back in the nice, quiet office without dealing daily with barf, and other bodily fluids.

It’s all in the eye of the beholder, trust me, most people who don’t work outside the home are the official go-to person for all their friends when it comes to helping out in a pinch. Daycare for sick kids, picking up same kids when early dismissal from school, waiting for cable guy & other deliveries. I could go on:rolleyes1

I just found out that our county water department hasn’t been charging us for water usage for the past 20 months. I wondered why the bill was so low, but didn’t question it. Apparently we had an old meter that wasn’t working properly and somehow no one noticed until a month ago. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Oh my, hope they don’t expect that paid off in one month. I’m sure that would put many people on fixed incomes at a disadvantage

DD all checked in, training on Saturday-guess that is when she finds out for sure location. Gets her blue ID Friday am-you bet she's gonna be in parks that day. I accidentally took her debit card home with me-she called in a panic as she couldn't find it-This is why we gave her an emergency credit card in her name from our account-came in handy today. She ended up in same housing building and complex, same floor, one hallway over from previous program. Talk about feeling like you are home LOL.

Hot and partly cloudy-real feel in 90's. may stop and get a small kiddie pool for dog and chickens to cool off in-apparently spring is going to by pass us entirely-we've had such great, long ones the last couple years. Garden popping up nicely-spent some time out there yesterday after I got home (had to go directly to my meeting from airport-was new board of directors election night-guess it means I am officially president for the year now LOL)-weeded a bit, thinned out the radishes and carrots, put some herb cuttings in nesting boxes for the hens. And now that the beans are coming up there is an entire corner where Daisy must have got to the seeds and eaten them before I caught her and replanted the rest. Ah well-guess that corner is reserved for the pumpkin seeds in a couple months.

I gave myself a 4 day weekend too. Going to St Louis saturday/sunday. Friday i have to start getting ready for June trip-clean out coop, finish weeding, making sure there is enough dog/chicken food...

Love Panera! Nice to escape for a break a bit!

Congrats to DD. Bring me up to speed, this is her 2nd internship?

Ok, if there are chickens in the pool it’s a must see lol. Please take pics.

Our ground is still saturated, worried nothing is going to take off & start to grow.

Keisha - The water company isn’t going to charge us for the prior water usage since it was their fault. I guess I will need to be more careful with our water usage from now on.

We never made it through the first season of FTWD. I keep debating giving it another go.

Keisha ~ congrats to your granddaughter!

Patty ~ Hope you have a great trip!! And I hope the weather clears up for you. I hated having to leave our trip in order to find sunshine and warmer temps.

Charade ~ glad they didn’t charge you. That would have probably been an ugly surprise.

Schumi ~ hope you have had safe travels home!

Spent all of yesterday and today trying to catch up on sleep, get some groceries and do 9 days worth of damp, icky laundry for 5 people. Back to reality.

Congrats to DD. Bring me up to speed, this is her 2nd internship?
yep- told her she had to get a summer job- she picked Disney lol!

Decided to go for a walk when I got home-muggy, high 80 degree temp- need to get acclimated to Florida weather. Took dog, son decided to ride along on scooter. The ONE black cloud decided to open up 1/2 way around neighborhood. Dog by that point was done (was going to call DH anyway to come get him). Boy rode home quick on scooter and as I round corner on way back- DH to the rescue! I didn't mind the rain, but I wasn't going to carry a 13 year old 85# dog 1/4 mile home!

Rain gone, sitting outside - had company IMG_0998.JPG. Cuddle chicken came and sat on me.

DS had his award ceremony I missed yesterday-3.7 gpa (pretty good considering he had a C+ in social studies for 2 quarters- no electronics changed his attitude about "not seeing the point of social studies and it being boring.) Finished with all A's. They get to sleep in tomorrow...

Wine done, time to close the hens up, shower and bed. Up early tomorrow to drop off chocolate for a school (vacation money) near the NH I'm at tomorrow in Joplin. It's been 8 years since the F5 tornado hit there and it's hard to believe all that has been rebuilt in that time. This time of year is both hard and joyful for Joplin...the devastation pictures popped up on my FB timeline. Pictures can't capture smell, and the breadth of what happened though.

Too much to catch up on today...........

Briefly..........

Patty.......don’t worry about the rain.....yes, more is forecast for the next 10 days or so, but we only had one day where it rained all day........our first Monday.....so we went shopping and then enjoyed StrongWater Tavern for the evening..........we had a blast!!! Hope you have a great time........

houseofthrees........it was so lovely to meet you and your lovely family.........we enjoyed chatting with you and always lovely to put a face to a name........hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip........

MonyK, sorry we never got to meet up.......it would have been nice,.......hopefully we’ll align on another occasion.......:thumbsup2

Vicki......We love Queen too.........huge fans!!! I’m sure you’ll be glad of some rain......I know locals in Florida we’re glad of it......although there’s a little too much to come yet for them now.........:wave2:

Janet......I totally agree with you, you deserve a medal ::yes::.........although I love being a lady of “leisure”........yep, I’m the go to friend for so many things.........I look after friends granddaughter regularly, help our local children’s nursery on occasion, volunteer for church events when needed, do reading sessions at the old folks home........friends regularly ask me to check out vacation stuff as they’re “ever so busy”.........yep, I could go on too.........but wouldn’t go back to the outside world of work for anything.......I’m very much my own boss......and love it!!! Very rarely idle though........how else would we plan trips.........:rotfl:

So..........wide awake at silly o clock...........

Had a good journey home.......slept for couple of hours then tried to stay awake as late as possible.......lasted till 10pm last night so not very late........:faint: then woke at around 5 this morning wide awake.......and hungry!!! Think I missed a meal somewhere........:rotfl:

Nice to be home, especially to see our boy after 12 days..........although Skype was again fantastic......but what a lovely trip we had........no rushing around, well, not that we ever really do that anyway.......we’re quite lazy really ::yes::.........but loved our time at Sapphire.......what a beautiful hotel and they really looked after us there...........it still looks so fresh and new and still has a very warm welcoming feeling about it.....

Got some Park time, mooched around a lot, and spent a lot of time chilling in StrongWater Bar..........working our way through their cocktail list is fun!!!

Took the least pictures we have ever taken as we don’t want our trips to be all about pictures for a trip report........(although we still took a lot I suppose) nice to just enjoy every moment...........and we absolutely did!

Now to get back to normal for around 7 weeks...........:flower:

Today is more laundry :laundy:........some grocery shopping although DS had left everything fully stocked with fresh stuff for us and house was immaculate I have to say! And cut down on food big time!! Must have put on 10lbs this trip..........:blush:

Will get trip report up at some point............hopefully mid next week at the latest..........

Hope your Wednesday is a good one............:wave2:

upload_2018-5-23_7-4-11.jpeg ---- Keisha camel <-

Yay! A mini Schumi report here. Happy to hear that your travels were fabulous, even with some rain. As much as it's nice to be home again, that 7 weeks will be here in a blink. I always find going ahead in time harder than going back in time. Excellent that some NY time flows into FLA time the next trip. I hope you are having a lovely morning. And a big wahoo, new trip report to read, now that is fabulous indeed. I enjoy your remarks as much as your pictures. Both make your reports excellent.

House, so nice to hear you had a DISmeet with Schumi, and also arrived home. Yeah, that laundry and back to reality does really stink. Nice that you are home, though.

Mac, yeah, I decided, no Adventura for me. I am with ya, construction in hotel when staying is not ideal. With the rates, and moving, I've decided to just stay all the nights at the Portofino, but the first. I moved our down flight to a late night, so staying at the airport the night we arrive, then fresh as daisy to hit the parks that first next day. I asked little one if she was excited. She said about the trip, I said about your college visit. She said both.

Ah, and a shout out. If any homies are around at the end of August, and enjoy RRR and Hulk, little one would like a companion rider, since this weenie homie will not ride either one. And, if any homie has a teen that likes the slides in VB, little one would like a friend there too. Weenie with some heights. Those PF, where the small kids ride, as high enough for me. LOL Thankfully, the kids did not take after me, and speed, height, sea, and motion sickness bother neither.

Ah, yes, you ladies of leisure, being busy. Since it's Wednesday, there's upload_2018-5-23_7-5-21.jpeg. I'm looking at you Keisha! LOL .

No, really nice when retirement includes helping others and taking care of family.

With that, have a wacky, wild, and wonderful Wednesday. Yes, indeed our holiday week-end is getting closer, and a happy homie, only one more day and the week-end starts for me. That goes for Tink too.

May your tea be lovely, and your coffee be hot, and smooth.

Wake up homies, the camel has arrived, and so has the middle of the week.

upload_2018-5-23_7-9-5.jpeg

Ah, and a shout out. If any homies are around at the end of August, and enjoy RRR and Hulk, little one would like a companion rider, since this weenie homie will not ride either one. And, if any homie has a teen that likes the slides in VB, little one would like a friend there too. Weenie with some heights. Those PF, where the small kids ride, as high enough for me. LOL Thankfully, the kids did not take after me, and speed, height, sea, and motion sickness bother neither.

I wish we could be there. B loves those rides. I won’t go near them.

Exams start today. B has physics and theater (not really an exam in that class) today. I can’t believe junior year is almost over.

Quick drive by to visit my Sans family.

My husband the love of my life had a heart attack on Sunday morning.

He is resting comfortably now.

We will approach this new normal as we move forward.

God has been so faithful, my husband is alive.

Hug your husband closer and know he is a gift from God.

Happy Wednesday! Busy, busy getting my housework done today for our mini-vacation!

Mac- we're planning to stay at Aventura in October. Do you think construction will still be bad then? Don't want to be surrounded by noise!

Keisha- you are a blessing to all your friends and family that you assist!!

Houseofthrees- post vacation laundry can be overwhelming!

Monyk- I just love your chicken! Too cute! What is her name again?

Schumi- Thanks for the heads up on the rain! We'll make the most out of whatever we're given!

Lynne- I wish we were around in Orlando at the end of August- DS and DH go on all those crazy rides!! Not me!

Charade-good luck to DD on her exams!

Back to work!

Robo- prayers out to you and DH! Glad he is resting well!

Oh Robo. So glad to hear you dear DH is resting comfortably now. How scary, and sending lots of prayers and good wishes.

Have kept him and you in my daily prayers
I know you are recovering from your surgery and hope you are gaining strength back now
With you in charge and the help of his doctor, your husband is in good hands

I know the Lord is good and and in your lives
Things will be so much better real soon for both of youse
Sending gentle hugs

Happy hump day all.

Getting ready to make 2nd breakfast of day for youngest DS. Hmm going to call it brunch at this point. Started new shift that starts at noon. He loves it, gets to stay up late & sleep in. Ha, wait till he gets a family.

Last day before GD joins me for the summer weekdays. Looking forward to it, need to train her to take a nappie when she arrives as that tends to be my new norm after depositing #2 at work.

It all works out in the end one way or the other.

yep- told her she had to get a summer job- she picked Disney lol!

Decided to go for a walk when I got home-muggy, high 80 degree temp- need to get acclimated to Florida weather. Took dog, son decided to ride along on scooter. The ONE black cloud decided to open up 1/2 way around neighborhood. Dog by that point was done (was going to call DH anyway to come get him). Boy rode home quick on scooter and as I round corner on way back- DH to the rescue! I didn't mind the rain, but I wasn't going to carry a 13 year old 85# dog 1/4 mile home!

Rain gone, sitting outside - had company View attachment 324216. Cuddle chicken came and sat on me.

DS had his award ceremony I missed yesterday-3.7 gpa (pretty good considering he had a C+ in social studies for 2 quarters- no electronics changed his attitude about "not seeing the point of social studies and it being boring.) Finished with all A's. They get to sleep in tomorrow...

Wine done, time to close the hens up, shower and bed. Up early tomorrow to drop off chocolate for a school (vacation money) near the NH I'm at tomorrow in Joplin. It's been 8 years since the F5 tornado hit there and it's hard to believe all that has been rebuilt in that time. This time of year is both hard and joyful for Joplin...the devastation pictures popped up on my FB timeline. Pictures can't capture smell, and the breadth of what happened though.

That’s a big deal to land a job with WDW. Know one friend of DS who was stuck on mainstream cart in one of those long dresses. She passed out several times, they wound up reassigning her, poor thing.

Sweet chickie. I have concerns re logistics. Of cleaning out coop eek

Too much to catch up on today...........

Briefly..........

Patty.......don’t worry about the rain.....yes, more is forecast for the next 10 days or so, but we only had one day where it rained all day........our first Monday.....so we went shopping and then enjoyed StrongWater Tavern for the evening..........we had a blast!!! Hope you have a great time........

houseofthrees........it was so lovely to meet you and your lovely family.........we enjoyed chatting with you and always lovely to put a face to a name........hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip........

MonyK, sorry we never got to meet up.......it would have been nice,.......hopefully we’ll align on another occasion.......:thumbsup2

Vicki......We love Queen too.........huge fans!!! I’m sure you’ll be glad of some rain......I know locals in Florida we’re glad of it......although there’s a little too much to come yet for them now.........:wave2:

Janet......I totally agree with you, you deserve a medal ::yes::.........although I love being a lady of “leisure”........yep, I’m the go to friend for so many things.........I look after friends granddaughter regularly, help our local children’s nursery on occasion, volunteer for church events when needed, do reading sessions at the old folks home........friends regularly ask me to check out vacation stuff as they’re “ever so busy”.........yep, I could go on too.........but wouldn’t go back to the outside world of work for anything.......I’m very much my own boss......and love it!!! Very rarely idle though........how else would we plan trips.........:rotfl:

So..........wide awake at silly o clock...........

Had a good journey home.......slept for couple of hours then tried to stay awake as late as possible.......lasted till 10pm last night so not very late........:faint: then woke at around 5 this morning wide awake.......and hungry!!! Think I missed a meal somewhere........:rotfl:

Nice to be home, especially to see our boy after 12 days..........although Skype was again fantastic......but what a lovely trip we had........no rushing around, well, not that we ever really do that anyway.......we’re quite lazy really ::yes::.........but loved our time at Sapphire.......what a beautiful hotel and they really looked after us there...........it still looks so fresh and new and still has a very warm welcoming feeling about it.....

Got some Park time, mooched around a lot, and spent a lot of time chilling in StrongWater Bar..........working our way through their cocktail list is fun!!!

Took the least pictures we have ever taken as we don’t want our trips to be all about pictures for a trip report........(although we still took a lot I suppose) nice to just enjoy every moment...........and we absolutely did!

Now to get back to normal for around 7 weeks...........:flower:

Today is more laundry :laundy:........some grocery shopping although DS had left everything fully stocked with fresh stuff for us and house was immaculate I have to say! And cut down on food big time!! Must have put on 10lbs this trip..........:blush:

Will get trip report up at some point............hopefully mid next week at the latest..........

Hope your Wednesday is a good one............:wave2:

Ah i forgot my unofficial vacation planner for all my friends & family lol. Ain’t i special? Lol
Know you missed your boy, i’m Sure he’s looking forward to mom’s grub again! And your company but men do tend to think on their stomachs.

Oh, I am so sorry to read this!:sad:How shocking it must’ve been for you. Glad to hear he weathered it and is on his way to what i hope is a full recovery. Know he is good hands with you and God watching over him. Make sure to take the time to care for yourself during this time.

Happy Wednesday! Busy, busy getting my housework done today for our mini-vacation!

Mac- we're planning to stay at Aventura in October. Do you think construction will still be bad then? Don't want to be surrounded by noise!
!

The hotel opens mid August
I googled and got different statements about the finishing the hotel while guests will be staying there

But no idea how that will affect the guests

When I was at rpr during one of their remodels, the noise came from the floor/room above mine
Horrible since I was in the room during the daytime

Believe Tink/Vicki is staying at Adventura in September
Hope she will let us know if the hotel is complete when she is there

yep thanks for the hump day Camel. Is it friday of Next week yet? then I'd be only hours from vacation instead of days...
MonyK, sorry we never got to meet up.......it would have been nice,.......hopefully we’ll align on another occasion
I figure sooner or later we will LOL! The weather really changed our plans too. Glad to hear from the mini report that you had a great trip!
I asked little one if she was excited. She said about the trip, I said about your college visit. She said both.
LOL! EEk-college? man that goes fast. It hit me last night-my middle is now a junior-I very clearly remember her sister at this exact time-and how I blinked twice and she was graduated high school and off to college.

Well I can always send my middle-she loves loves loves thrill rides! the faster the better. Kid has gift certificate for scuba diving lessons, and is impatiently waiting until she is old enough to sky dive. Yep-she is my adrenaline junkie.

I can’t believe junior year is almost over.
And senior year will fly by-yearbook, grad gown, grad announcements, college visits...congrats to your daughter on a what sounds like a great year.

OMG- soo very glad to hear he is still with you and resting comfortably. Can't imagine how scary this must be for you and your family. :grouphug:

I just love your chicken! Too cute! What is her name again?

Sweet chickie. I have concerns re logistics. Of cleaning out coop eek
Her name is Princess Aurora, call her Rory, or cuddle chicken. She loves loves laps-if you sit down outside she is up for a cuddle.

Cleaning the coop isn't too bad-they have a nice big run. I turn out old straw, and clean their roost area well, line the roost area and nesting boxes with fresh straw, and put the rest in the run. They enjoy scratching through the piles of straw. The used straw goes into compost pile-by this time of year there is usually a very rich layer of compost under the straw that goes into garden. I am on my second pair of boots though-they only go to coop and back to rug by door.
I use the "deep litter method" of bedding and sprinkle diatomaceous (food grade) around the coop-keeps mites etc down and the deep liter method keeps smell away-just breaks down naturally.

And with that lunch is over. sigh-wasn't great today-resident choice meal which was liver and onions, alternate was hot dog or pancake - none appealed to me. The lemon pudding was good lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter