Something About Nothing ... #12

Robo.......I’m so sorry this happened to your family........sending many warm wishes for a quick and healthy recovery for him........glad to hear he’s comfortable. Hope you’re doing ok too......I can imagine how worried you’ll be for him now......but loads of hugs.........

MonyK........lemon pudding sounds good right about now!! Glad you had a good visit too.......

Janet had to read that sentence twice...........we call diapers nappies over here.........and I thought whaaaaaat......your GD is not in nappies........doh!!! I know what you mean now......lol........yes he’s enjoying home cooked proper food again......although he makes himself a mean chicken mac n cheese.........from scratch.......I think he’s just glad not to be ironing his shirts for the office again.......:D

I did nap today. For 2 hours. Thought I’d shut my eyes for 10 minutes.........:faint:

Still haven’t even looked at uploading pictures yet.........

But, I did get flights changed for July......so instead of coming home from JFK we have a return flight from MCO a week later.........:cheer2:

Just need to book JetBlue flights down to Orlando and get a car booked and we’re sorted!

Time for a mug of tea.........:wave2:

Ohh MonyK, my little one would like that, as obviously also finishing Junior year, and 16 and driving me crazy. If your middle wants to text/talk to my little one, just pm me. She's lucky today, as the science class goes to Six Flags to study physics. Yeah, she is my thrill seeker, and also wants to scuba dive. I could see her sky diving too. We'll be there 22 to 31 August. Little one turns 17 three days before we leave, and we've left vacation on her birthday several times, and I am reminded of that from time to time. Not my fault she was born just before school starts, and right before the holiday, when no one is around. LOL

My neighbor chickens must be happy, I always see their coop clean. While they also have hay, the grass in the coop is replenished quite often. They must have also gotten corn cobs recently, since the squirrels get the remains and drop the cobs on our side of the fence, and I've seen some cobs when I was putting up my line for hanging laundry this week-end.

Oh, and I'd have to eat the hotdog, only if made of beef, and not pig, otherwise I'd be eating the pudding too. Will not eat liver, do not like onions, and pancakes, eh, can eat them, but for lunch?

And a yay! for Schumi. Open jaw is perfect for ya!

I just booked my flights for October, and deciding where first 3 nights will be, most likely at the mouse. Now have to book the car. Mac, not onsite at the Dark Side, so your very generous offer, if still available when I am there, would be very much appreciated. I'll give you a call as we get closer to October.

Hey Keisha, yep, you know the summer's coming when the GD is around often. She's one lucky girl.

Patty, I don't know either, but the hotel does look cool. All the homies around in October should meet in the rooftop bar.

I need tea, sigh.

Oh, and MonyK, we do college visits now and through the summer, as little one will submit her college application in the fall, as she starts 12th grade. In 11th grade, they get 3 days of excused absence to visit colleges.

Which reminds me, Keisha, we will be in your city next Friday, coming in Thursday, visit Friday morning, then leaving Saturday. I planned that right. Short week this week, shorter week next week.

I have a bit of an adrenaline junkie too. I don’t know if she would try skydiving, but she has been hang gliding twice.

2qjdnb9.jpg

I must be dim, I don’t get that if it’s a joke.

Open jaw in travel means you come and go from different airports, with a different airport in between. Round trip, means from and to same airport. Hence, open jaw is >. Go from England to NY to FLA. to England, so three ends of that >, so it looks like a jaw. So I did not mean it as a joke, just that I was familiar, as common to do it from here to points in Europe and have heard it in travel media.

All the homies around in October should meet in the rooftop bar.

Sounds like a date! We're definitely there from 10/4-10/7 (we may add on a few days, DS has to go back to school). When are you there?

In the middle of all the house chores today had to go to our jewelry store. I noticed that on my wedding ring, one of the prongs holding my diamond is gone!! So glad I didn't lose it! So, I'm without a wedding ring for the next 10 days! It feels weird without my ring- I think i'll put another ring on that finger for now.

Charade- wow! hang gliding! How brave!

Ok, back to work!

Sounds like a date! We're definitely there from 10/4-10/7 (we may add on a few days, DS has to go back to school). When are you there?

In the middle of all the house chores today had to go to our jewelry store. I noticed that on my wedding ring, one of the prongs holding my diamond is gone!! So glad I didn't lose it! So, I'm without a wedding ring for the next 10 days! It feels weird without my ring- I think i'll put another ring on that finger for now.

Ok, back to work!

I'm glad you noticed that prong was missing!

I would be besides myself if I lost my diamond
I had my mom's diamond reset into my ring a year ago.

I need to find a jewlery to have mine checked.

I had the same thing happen when I was at Universal last year. I kept my ring in the room safe until I got home and had it repaired.

I would be besides myself if I lost my diamond
I had my mom's diamond reset into my ring a year ago.

I have dh’s grandmother’s diamond in my ring. Dh wears his father’s wedding band.

Never heard of it :confused3

Patty.....how lucky you noticed.......it does feel weird without rings you’ve been used to........I know when I got the new rings for our 25th wedding anniversary last year, it felt odd at first as I was so used to the originals.......it’ll be back before you know it.........

mac, it must be a horrible feeling to lose a diamond. Tiffany guy told me to just go in every visit to get my jewellery cleaned and checked........so we do.......:D I remember when you got your mum’s reset........lovely.

So, as I snoozed the afternoon away, I’m not tired now........sitting watching Scream 2........just got car hire booked for July and December..........nice to knock things off the list.

Schumi you are always so on top of things and on the ball.

Me, I can't even decide what to fix for dinner most days......

Schumi you are always so on top of things and on the ball.

Me, I can't even decide what to fix for dinner most days......

Lol......I do like to be organised! Especially on travel issues.......been doing it for so long.......:thumbsup2

You enjoy your dinner out tonight......no need to think about what to cook........:D

Almost bedtime here.........not tired though! Yet.

Schumi, are you on UK time yet or still working on EST time?

I'm sure it takes a few days to get back to your normal time schedule

There 4 to 12; so will definitely try to meet up.

Sounds good!!

I need to find a jewlery to have mine checked.

Yes- I have mine checked at least once a year by the jeweler, but I guess with the age of the rings it can happen fast? They're putting a whole new set of prongs rather than fix the old ones.

I have dh’s grandmother’s diamond in my ring. Dh wears his father’s wedding band.

That is so nice - such a special family heirloom to pass down!

.it’ll be back before you know it.........

Yep- and much safer!!

So... I see that central Florida is going to be hit with remnants of the tropical system that is developing in the gulf. I just went to the Orlando tv website and WESH is calling for pretty much a REALLY wet weekend!! And it may become the first maned tropical storm of the year- Alberto.

Looks like we'll have to have a Plan B- nice dinners, a lot of cocktails, and we'll have DS bring over some board games!!

pattyw, hope you don't have a rainy time in Orlando.

But if it does rain a lot, you'll be with your husband and boy and you will still have fun.

I've had rained out trips before and they are not fun if it rains heavily the entire trip.

I keep waiting for rain to happen for where I live.
So far, only one one evening last week, rain hit us.

Still hot here.
Today was 89 and it's still only May.

Weather really not an issue for me as we have ac
I do my running around in town before noon or in the evening as much as possible when it is stinking hot.

I'll take heat and humidity any day.........I had my fill of cold lousy weather when I lived in the north.

Schumi ~ It was great meeting you guys, too. Glad the rain held off for a bit after that. I would have felt horrible if you guys had gotten caught in a storm because we held you up. My husband is still amazed I spotted you guys. I am known to be pretty oblivious to my surroundings, lol.

Lynne ~ Yes, as nice as vacation is, it is good to be home. Portofino with no construction does sound better than Adventura with construction. My middle loves those rides. She is always glad to have somebody with us that will ride them with her.

Robo ~ Prayers to you and your hubby. Glad to see he is doing ok. So scary.

MonyK ~ Thinking the adrenaline junkie thing might just be a middle trait :)

Patty ~ glad you noticed before you lost the diamond. I did that last year. We run a hot dog cart and I noticed mine was gone while working a huge tree lighting ceremony right before Christmas. I was so heartbroken. I just knew I had lost it while working. Luckily, my daughter found my diamond on our living room floor on New Years Eve. Hubby had bought me a replacement ring for Christmas, but it just wasn’t the same.

Yep, looks like a lot more rain heading that way. We started a tradition a few vacations back of taking a room photo to symbolize our trip in some way. We were completely undecided on what we should do this year. The rain settled it for us. It was umbrellas and ponchos for everyone while wearing sunglasses or holding some kind of summery thing. Kids even incorporated the sand pail that one of the employees of the hotel had sent to our room full of goodies for the family. Gotta make the best of the trip even in the not so greatest of conditions.

Schumi, are you on UK time yet or still working on EST time?

I'm sure it takes a few days to get back to your normal time schedule

I think we’re back to normal now.......sat up till midnight last night, only reason I’m up early is DS leaves for work at 7, so I get up with him. But he has a 4 day weekend off ........he took Friday as a vacation day off and Monday is a public holiday.......a nice little long weekend for him.........

Sounds good!!

Yes- I have mine checked at least once a year by the jeweler, but I guess with the age of the rings it can happen fast? They're putting a whole new set of prongs rather than fix the old ones.

That is so nice - such a special family heirloom to pass down!

Yep- and much safer!!

So... I see that central Florida is going to be hit with remnants of the tropical system that is developing in the gulf. I just went to the Orlando tv website and WESH is calling for pretty much a REALLY wet weekend!! And it may become the first maned tropical storm of the year- Alberto.

Looks like we'll have to have a Plan B- nice dinners, a lot of cocktails, and we'll have DS bring over some board games!!

Even with rain I’d rather be in Florida........we managed to work our way through the cocktails and food in StrongWater on the evenings it rained........it was such a hardship..........:rotfl:You’ll still have fun........:thumbsup2

Schumi ~ It was great meeting you guys, too. Glad the rain held off for a bit after that. I would have felt horrible if you guys had gotten caught in a storm because we held you up. My husband is still amazed I spotted you guys. I am known to be pretty oblivious to my surroundings, lol.

Lynne ~ Yes, as nice as vacation is, it is good to be home. Portofino with no construction does sound better than Adventura with construction. My middle loves those rides. She is always glad to have somebody with us that will ride them with her.

Robo ~ Prayers to you and your hubby. Glad to see he is doing ok. So scary.

MonyK ~ Thinking the adrenaline junkie thing might just be a middle trait :)

Patty ~ glad you noticed before you lost the diamond. I did that last year. We run a hot dog cart and I noticed mine was gone while working a huge tree lighting ceremony right before Christmas. I was so heartbroken. I just knew I had lost it while working. Luckily, my daughter found my diamond on our living room floor on New Years Eve. Hubby had bought me a replacement ring for Christmas, but it just wasn’t the same.

Yep, looks like a lot more rain heading that way. We started a tradition a few vacations back of taking a room photo to symbolize our trip in some way. We were completely undecided on what we should do this year. The rain settled it for us. It was umbrellas and ponchos for everyone while wearing sunglasses or holding some kind of summery thing. Kids even incorporated the sand pail that one of the employees of the hotel had sent to our room full of goodies for the family. Gotta make the best of the trip even in the not so greatest of conditions.

Oh I was so glad you did stop us! And to be honest, we don’t mind getting wet when it’s warm..........but yes, we made it home dry :thumbsup2

So, another grey day so far.........hoping the sun will be out later as it’s still early.........

Time for breakfast tea.............

I just looked at the clock.....
Thought you would still be in bed at this time....

Lol......thought the same of you!!! Then I realised........nah.......you’ll still be up.........:wave2:

Only trouble with getting up this early is I eat breakfast too early........then get hungry for lunch early.........I can add an extra meal easy in a day..........:laughing:

No bacon this morning..............it’s a “healthy” breakfast :sad2:

Would rather have the bacon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter