Something About Nothing ... #12

Healthy breakfast? Not usually on week days. Jet lag can be annoying sometimes. Two breakfasts would be fine, Schumi. Glad to hear you are getting back to routine.

Mac, hope you had a good night sleep. I was in bed by 11, shortly before DH came home. I never heard him, though I vaguely remember him yelling at the kids to turn off their lights.

So, was up earlier than I usually do this morning. And oh, what a beautiful day. The sun is shining, there's green all around. Wet week-end to come, but that's okay, enjoying a few days of mid 80's, and blue skies.

upload_2018-5-24_6-45-23.jpeg - was like, the parking lot is not as full today, well yes, it's a holiday week-end soon, and I guess more than a few wanted to make this a 5 day week-end, instead of a 3 or 4.

We don't travel far for Memorial Day week-end. Around here, it's the "official" opening of the shore, and lots go there to celebrate such. And, for the holiday, several tall ships have arrived, and I am half tempted to go down to the waterfront to see them. Otherwise, I am sure the local news will have a story on them. Some pictures of them coming up the river have been already seen.

So, with that, some homies can do upload_2018-5-24_6-51-7.jpeg, while others may say, upload_2018-5-24_6-53-18.jpeg::yes::

Have a totally terrific Thursday!

:coffee:I need more tea. :music:

Busy morning........

Shopped, booked Jet Blue flights from JFK to MCO for July..........ironed.....a lot!!

Then got a buzz to say open the gate to let a van in.........our flooring guys arrived :confused3.........we had no clue they were coming today..........turns out they were supposed to call us but someone forgot........so........cleared the place of ironing and “stuff” and they got on with it.........

But, both rooms look lovely........really pleased with it.......

Now sitting with a cuppa watching free practice for the Monaco Grand Prix.

Feels like a Friday today......it is only Thursday Mac..........:wave2:

Now that’s a nice surprise the floor got done today

And you didn’t have to prepare the room in advance

Stick with me and everyday will feel like a Friday

My only plans today is lawn treatment for weed control

I can look out the window and watch the men work in the heat

Decided I might make shrimp for dinner

There !!
now my day planning is done

Have a great day homies

Last day of school for B today. She has her pre-calculus exam this morning and then band class for the rest of the day. I assume they will be practicing the music they will play at graduation on Saturday. She got a 110 on her physics exam. I love when teachers give extra credit.

Schumi - You are brave to go to Orlando in July. I cannot handle the heat that time of year.

I made the mistake of telling B that we could go to Busch Gardens tomorrow. It’s going to be in the high 80’s. Ugh.

Now that’s a nice surprise the floor got done today

And you didn’t have to prepare the room in advance

Stick with me and everyday will feel like a Friday

My only plans today is lawn treatment for weed control

I can look out the window and watch the men work in the heat

Decided I might make shrimp for dinner

There !!
now my day planning is done

Have a great day homies

Oh it was good as they did most of the clearing..........so that worked in our favour........and it looks fabulous!!!

We say that too.....everyday is like the weekend now.......:cheer2::duck:

Shrimp........mmmmmm........love some seafood........we’re having chicken, veg and roast potatoes marinated in flavoured balsamic vinegar and olive oil we bought from a place in Mount Dora, will add some honey and various seasonings, herbs and spices and that’ll be dinner...........tomorrow is a visit to fishmonger.......will get some shrimp then........got a friend and her sister popping in for a quick dinner......they’ll eat and go.......glad it’s not the other sister.......she is one of those picky folk who is so limited in what she eats.......

Last day of school for B today. She has her pre-calculus exam this morning and then band class for the rest of the day. I assume they will be practicing the music they will play at graduation on Saturday. She got a 110 on her physics exam. I love when teachers give extra credit.

Schumi - You are brave to go to Orlando in July. I cannot handle the heat that time of year.

I made the mistake of telling B that we could go to Busch Gardens tomorrow. It’s going to be in the high 80’s. Ugh.

We’ve been in July before and it was fine, we managed ok, plenty of water, sunscreen and aircon......but, my family call me the Lizard........I love the heat and the sun........:sunny:

Me too Schumi. I don't mind it being hot. At least in FLA, almost all have A/C, and lots of water, and you're fine. Also, like that I don't have to pack many different temperature clothing. One pair of pants, one light jacket, and lots of summer clothes that don't take up as much luggage room, as winter ones.

All for October is now set. Also, checked, and all for August is done. Just hoping cheaper prices for flights and rentals. At least I had enough points, the October flight was with points. Not many points left now, but at least hey, I finally found flights that I could use for both ways.

Aw, Charade, take B. Nothing like a fun day after school ends, and in the heat, yay, shorts and tee only needed, and all will be running. Little one enjoyed her Six Flags school trip yesterday. Six Flags is about an hour and a half from home. She got home around 8:30 last night. She said the one coaster you stand up on, there's a shoulder harness and "front part of bicycle seat" between your legs. She thought it was funny that the boys said the ride hurt. I would guess so. LOL

Time for lunch yet? Sigh. Will definitely walk. May even use umbrella, that sun is beaming warmth today. Not complaining though. I love this summer like weather. Steamy tomorrow and Saturday. Bring it on! Hello sunglasses.

Yum, to shrimp as long as it does not smell fishy, and is not cooked. About the only seafood I will eat. I prefer cocktail, if very fresh, or breaded and fried. Dinner may be roast beef sandwiches, of which, little one reminded me she will not eat. Told her she can have a zap a meal, or soup, or make your own sandwich. Not sure which she will choose.

Aw, Charade, take B. Nothing like a fun day after school ends, and in the heat, yay, shorts and tee only needed, and all will be running. Little one enjoyed her Six Flags school trip yesterday. Six Flags is about an hour and a half from home. She got home around 8:30 last night. She said the one coaster you stand up on, there's a shoulder harness and "front part of bicycle seat" between your legs. She thought it was funny that the boys said the ride hurt. I would guess so. LOL

We’re going to go, I just have to take precautions. I get horrible headaches when I get too hot. I have to make sure to drink plenty of water. I also take pain relievers with me and will take some before I get a headache.

That coaster sounds like something I would avoid. When I was a kid I used to spend many summer days at Six Flags over Georgia.

We’re going to go, I just have to take precautions. I get horrible headaches when I get too hot. I have to make sure to drink plenty of water. I also take pain relievers with me and will take some before I get a headache.

That coaster sounds like something I would avoid. When I was a kid I used to spend many summer days at Six Flags over Georgia.

Ah, got ya. Find shade and A/C where you can, to take a break, and wear light, breathable clothes. Lightweight hat also helps. Yeah, I would not have gone on that coaster either. Well, almost all coasters.

We aren't old...we are "seasoned". ;)

Hey Todd.........how you doing?? Nice to see you.........

Haven’t got around to uploading pictures yet.........everything’s taking longer to get back to normal this trip.......

Didn’t bother putting the cases in attic.......sitting in one of the spare rooms....open and waiting to be packed up again........Kyle has renamed that room the trip preparation room........:blush:

Need to start dinner soon........should take an hour or so to cook tonight..........I’m starving already........

Quick lunch flyby-last day of work this week. Then 4 days next week and we are off!
They must have also gotten corn cobs recently, since the squirrels get the remains and drop the cobs on our side of the fence, and I've seen some cobs when I was putting up my line for hanging laundry this week-end.
This made me laugh! yeah squirrels are monsters. My chickens are currently rather ticked at me (can tell by the chirping getting loud) as I ran out of meal worms a couple days ago and they haven't gotten their morning treat. All three of them were camped out on deck stairs this am squawking at living room window they can see in from that height...woke the boy up too. Off to farm store tomorrow for straw, feed and worms I guess.

pancakes, eh, can eat them, but for lunch?
And I ended up making pancakes for dinner-chocolate chip ones for the kids-they can eat/snack on them for a couple days. Trying to not get overloaded with food in fridge for upcoming week. I had greek pasta salad.

In the middle of all the house chores today had to go to our jewelry store. I noticed that on my wedding ring, one of the prongs holding my diamond is gone!! So glad I didn't lose it! So, I'm without a wedding ring for the next 10 days! It feels weird without my ring- I think i'll put another ring on that finger for now.
Glad to see you caught it! I don't often wear my diamond anymore-hand washing, gloves etc on and off all day makes for a yucky ring. Our jeweler that sold us the ring (25 years ago!!) refuses to sell settings with 4 prongs-he always replaced the 4 prong setting with a 6 prong one-and I am sure that has saved my diamond more than once as I have torn prongs off and had them repaired.

Hope Robo family ok

Hang gliding Charade? yep my middle would be up for that too. Middle proudly showed off her grades last night-all A's, and a 4.96 GPA.

We are having Florida weather-hot, humid, afternoon storms. Makes the garden grow fast.

oohh Schumi yay to floors! I need a new floor-maybe next year after all the Orlando trips this year.

Nice Mac can watch the dudes work in the yard too!
I need to cook something requiring a lot of eggs...although with the heat no eggs for 2 days from the ladies.

yep thanks for the hump day Camel. Is it friday of Next week yet? then I'd be only hours from vacation instead of days...

I figure sooner or later we will LOL! The weather really changed our plans too. Glad to hear from the mini report that you had a great trip!

LOL! EEk-college? man that goes fast. It hit me last night-my middle is now a junior-I very clearly remember her sister at this exact time-and how I blinked twice and she was graduated high school and off to college.

Well I can always send my middle-she loves loves loves thrill rides! the faster the better. Kid has gift certificate for scuba diving lessons, and is impatiently waiting until she is old enough to sky dive. Yep-she is my adrenaline junkie.

And senior year will fly by-yearbook, grad gown, grad announcements, college visits...congrats to your daughter on a what sounds like a great year.

OMG- soo very glad to hear he is still with you and resting comfortably. Can't imagine how scary this must be for you and your family. :grouphug:

Her name is Princess Aurora, call her Rory, or cuddle chicken. She loves loves laps-if you sit down outside she is up for a cuddle.

Cleaning the coop isn't too bad-they have a nice big run. I turn out old straw, and clean their roost area well, line the roost area and nesting boxes with fresh straw, and put the rest in the run. They enjoy scratching through the piles of straw. The used straw goes into compost pile-by this time of year there is usually a very rich layer of compost under the straw that goes into garden. I am on my second pair of boots though-they only go to coop and back to rug by door.
I use the "deep litter method" of bedding and sprinkle diatomaceous (food grade) around the coop-keeps mites etc down and the deep liter method keeps smell away-just breaks down naturally.

And with that lunch is over. sigh-wasn't great today-resident choice meal which was liver and onions, alternate was hot dog or pancake - none appealed to me. The lemon pudding was good lol.

A well-loved chicken! Have to laugh, sounds like you need muck boots vs the chicks i see wearing them for fashion

Robo.......I’m so sorry this happened to your family........sending many warm wishes for a quick and healthy recovery for him........glad to hear he’s comfortable. Hope you’re doing ok too......I can imagine how worried you’ll be for him now......but loads of hugs.........

MonyK........lemon pudding sounds good right about now!! Glad you had a good visit too.......

Janet had to read that sentence twice...........we call diapers nappies over here.........and I thought whaaaaaat......your GD is not in nappies........doh!!! I know what you mean now......lol........yes he’s enjoying home cooked proper food again......although he makes himself a mean chicken mac n cheese.........from scratch.......I think he’s just glad not to be ironing his shirts for the office again.......:D

I did nap today. For 2 hours. Thought I’d shut my eyes for 10 minutes.........:faint:

Still haven’t even looked at uploading pictures yet.........

But, I did get flights changed for July......so instead of coming home from JFK we have a return flight from MCO a week later.........:cheer2:

Just need to book JetBlue flights down to Orlando and get a car booked and we’re sorted!

Time for a mug of tea.........:wave2:

Lolololol my fav lost in translation is fanny pack. Extending trip in July = priceless Woot woot!

That's a travel industry term I haven't heard in 100s of years. I used to issue those tickets from time to time.

Back in the dark ages it was a thing, now with heavily discounted fares/one way tix easy peasy to pick & choose

Open tix another trick that doesn’t come into play often, wonder if still a thing?

We aren't old...we are "seasoned". ;)

As in ‘well’ seasoned. Lol we are all spring chickies at heart, the parks keep us young ish:magnify:

Middle proudly showed off her grades last night-all A's, and a 4.96 GPA.

Wow! That’s very impressive. B’s GPA won’t get that high since she isn’t taking any AP classes, but she will get extra points for the 2 dual enrollment classes she is taking. (One this year and the other next.)

2 dual enrollment classes she is taking. (One this year and the other next.)
Charade-those dual enrollment classes are great-allowed my oldest to graduate with 29 credit hours to transfer to her 4 year college-It is why she did the Disney college program and didn't lose any time towards graduation. And then she took 12 hours of summer classes last summer to stay ahead lol! But it was at local CC so much cheaper too.
The dual enrollment is a beautiful thing!

Looks like some of the homies here have smart kiddos!

congrats to all of them!
Hope they do well in their adult lives

Hot day here again, 92 and no rain.
Keep thinking any day now we will get a heavy rain....

I don't mind if that does happen.
The grass gows fast and if we have rain, it will mean more mowing.

Anyone doing something special for the Memorial weekend?
My days and holidays blend together.
Not complaining!
I love not having a job or living by the clock .

3e4d
Hey Macraven-going to the Loo for FiL birthday on saturday-trying to convince the other half we need to come home sunday-too much to do this week-I need my full day off Monday.

those random. number/letters in my post? courtesy of Diva chicken-"Ellie" who is sitting on one leg while I try to type with laptop balanced on other. Sitting on deck in nice weather comes with companions...gave up-laptop to side, the way she wants it
diva.JPG
You got any plans?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!