Something About Nothing ... #12

Oh, and how did you like Deadpool, Tink? Yeah, you're with Mac, Keisha, and Robo, not a work day today. I'd be sleeping in too, okay, maybe not sleeping late, but moving much more slower. :D

Schumi, hope your weather is better today, and yay, for more time here again. Yep, with the size of our aircraft, it's around a 2 and 1/2 hour flight to Orlando. I saw the airfare for October. It's looking more like a go. I have to still see. But, the airfare 2 days before we leave in August is almost half, I am rethinking how many days then, hmm. Loews website was not working with reservations yesterday, so haven't got anything changed yet. Nice you get to visit so often.

Charade, that's is odd. Either way, I hope she gives you other work so you are getting paid for working in the afternoon. Little one has school ending at the end of the 2nd week of June. Next Thursday is the final day for seniors. Little one has some senior friends, but most are juniors like her. I've been bugging both kids to get a job, in addition to the summer camp one. Little one just got one, that she can work nights and week-ends. She was happy, as many she applied for said back, won't hire unless you are 18 or older. She's hoping to borrow GM's car when she has to work, as we all said no, for using it to go to school. She may get lucky. Otherwise, older one taxi may be of service, and that will make both kids not happy.

images
- if only. LOL

:music:

View attachment 324033 - ugh, was not late, but have a parking space that is one of the lowest I want to park in. Hey, I was just about on time right? All you earlier birds. Sigh.

You're right Mac, no late bird for me. DH came home around 10, promptly went to bed, and I followed shortly thereafter. As little one said, why is the news still spending so much time on the wedding.

Almost needed your light this morning. No beautiful sunrise to start the day, no sunglasses needed. Darn weak low weather system brought lots of clouds, and rain. Horizon was a pale yellow, with sun trying hard to break through the clouds. Clouds seem to be moving slowly to the East. Shoo clouds, I was enjoying the sun yesterday.

And yes, it's View attachment 324032. Yep, line those taco and burritos up, and say hello to taco cat, and taco dogs.View attachment 324034

Time for tea. It's rather muggy inside today.

Have a great one! Tuesday, that is.

Two and half hours of sleep and mr Mac wakes up to get going
He had a meet up for a long bike ride

So I saw moon light and sunlight much earlier than planned

These type of hours were not in my plans for retirement

Rain hit you yet ?

No, Mac, but it's getting darker, and the tree turned it's leaves upside down, so it's coming. Weather guys said, most will see it after lunch. Ha, better not be a thunderstorming commute.

Yeah, those hours would not be my favorite either. retirement or not. Bike trip this week end, down to the shore, to raise money for cancer research. I did that years ago, but this week-end, doing yoga with the giraffes. That's my speed, and have to break it to little one, she's coming with me. o_O

Good morning all. It’s a gloomy morning today, but at least it’s not raining.......right now.

It looks like we’re going to have a taco Tuesday..sort of. The theater department at B’s school is doing its last fundraiser of the year tonight. It will be at Chipotle.

I’m off to work to see how much of a job I have left.

My weather not bad
To be in the 80’s and a few showers later in the afternoon
Not humid today but that can happen later afternoon if rain comes in

Just glad I don’t live in the north anymore

Hope you get to keep your job and the increased hours charade
Or keep your salary where it is if they do cut you to part time

Good morning all!! Gloomy Tuesday here- rain all day, but after that sunny and warm!!

Little worried about Orlando- still looks like a lot of rain this week!! It figures- we have beautiful sunny and dry weather here at home and I'm leaving for Orlando and the rain!

Mac- hope you get a nap this afternoon!!

Lynne- Yoga with giraffes? That sounds relaxing!

Charade- sending:goodvibes about your work schedule!

We had tacos yesterday so I'm thinking pizza Tuesday!!

Good day all

Light rain here this am, appears it’s going to be a gloomy day.

Saw that there is a very early system that may hit the gulf this weekend, awfully early in the season. Fingers crossed it vanishes. Last thing we need is another active hurricane season this year. We’re two for two re end of Sept/Oct, enough already!

There was an even earlier system in the islands when we were on cruise, no rain but water was rough a few days. Captain kept us ‘overadvised’ on it but good to know they keep an eye on things. Nobody wants to be on youtube with water sloshing in their cabin!

Well, it's now Tuesday and I'm wondering where Monday went......

I can't believe its the third week of May now.
This entire month so far has flown by for me.

Since I doubt no one will be here until the sun rises, I'll shut off the porch light.....

Good idea, it draws the creepy crawlers

Two and half hours of sleep and mr Mac wakes up to get going
He had a meet up for a long bike ride

So I saw moon light and sunlight much earlier than planned

These type of hours were not in my plans for retirement

Rain hit you yet ?

But we all look better in the moonlight:duck: I am rebelling, moved back my alarm 15 minutes this week. Figure another week i’ll Be sleeping in my clothes:tongue:

Sleeping in your clothes is a great plan Keisha
Never know when you need to dash out of the house

I haven’t been a good sleeper in years
But have gotten used to limited sleep
Never been one to nap

Got used to sleeping with one ear open when the kids were littles

Much easier now as I don’t work anymore outside the home

Looks like we will get rain later this afternoon
So I’ll join the umbrella club here

pattyw hope the rain goes away when you are in Orlando this week
You only have one more wake up

Yea I know you leave on Thursday but no one sleeps much the day you leave on vacation

Why do you have to set an alarm Keisha, when you have a dog? LOL I thought leisure was your work. Yeah, my first cruise with my kids, a huge Mickey one, and we go through the outer bands of a hurricane. Stuff fell off store shelves and glass walls broke. Nothing in our cabin broke or fell, but I took 2 pills and wow, that boat really rocked for hours. Didn't stop me from cruising though. And yes, no hurricane in August or October this year. Funny, the only times I have been in a hurricane in FLA was in October and December. The December one was a gulf one, and we were on Sanabel. Never in the summer, all the years we did the end of August in Orlando.

Booked next year's October at Porto, only saw SMSM there and not at RPR. What gives? I guess even over a year out, RPR does not need to offer SMSM rates. Oh well, I like the Porto enough, don't mind staying there, but rather be at RPR. Same as in August, much better rate at Porto than the HRH and RPR. Guess it's because the Porto is furthest from the parks? I don't mind that, as it's not that much further. I tend to use the boats most of the time, anyway.

Yeah, I am a good sleeper, but tend to wake up more now adays. Haven't slept in my day clothes, though I think I did that when I was sick awhile ago.

Yep, 4 day week-end. Done. Wahoo for me.

Safe travels home Schumi.

Patty, yep gray day all along the Eastern coast. Sigh, and the wind is picking up, rain is coming. Umbrella ready for my lunchtime walk. Rebel, no jacket, but almost wish I had worn one.

More thunderstorms for us this afternoon. Thankfully the weekend should be clear.

I experienced a couple of hurricanes when we lived in Miami. Thankfully neither was too bad, but the first one really scared me.

Counting down until lunchtime. I think I’m going to eat my leftover pasta from Olive Garden.

Why is it that every time I have a vacation planned and I have everything caught up at work, the day before there are so many "emergencies" that pop up??? Same here today! :headache:
I'm taking a short break to wolf down my Panera lunch and de-stress here!

pattyw you are one of those lucky pennies

Bet you won’t have time to get bored at work today

I just found out that our county water department hasn’t been charging us for water usage for the past 20 months. I wondered why the bill was so low, but didn’t question it. Apparently we had an old meter that wasn’t working properly and somehow no one noticed until a month ago. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Lucky charade
Free water until today

Well no rain today and it is hot now

But It can rain tonight which will save me for watering my flower beds

We have had around 2.5 inches of rain in the past week and have a chance for rain every day this week. My yard feels like a jungle. The grass is too wet to cut.

Deadpool was fun Lynne...we all enjoyed it and saw previews for the Queen movie due out in November which sounds great since I love their music.

Hope you have a wonderful trip Patty...the waiting is the hardest part.

Charade...good luck with your job I hope you get the hours you want. I work 5 days a week supposedly part time but usually 30+ hours and occasionally they try to cut our hours. It doesn't last long but makes it hard when you count on money to pay the bills.

Have a great day everyone :flower1:

I'll send ya rain Mac. It's raining, quite nicely, and all is gray and wet. Sigh, only the robin birds are enjoying this. Had one perch right next to me, and I was like why are you out in the rain? duh.

Nice Charade, we got up to date newer meters for both gas and water. Remotely read nowadays. Glad you got low bills for as long as you did.

Tried to get older one on the phone, apparently not picked up due to headphones. Yeah, dude, you need to at least see your phone, and have it vibrate.

Since SW fares much better 2 days before Porto ressie, would you stay 2 nights at Cabana Bay, SF or Aventura? Leaning toward SF or Cabana, but maybe be the first guests at Aventura? Thoughts?

DD all checked in, training on Saturday-guess that is when she finds out for sure location. Gets her blue ID Friday am-you bet she's gonna be in parks that day. I accidentally took her debit card home with me-she called in a panic as she couldn't find it-This is why we gave her an emergency credit card in her name from our account-came in handy today. She ended up in same housing building and complex, same floor, one hallway over from previous program. Talk about feeling like you are home LOL.

Hot and partly cloudy-real feel in 90's. may stop and get a small kiddie pool for dog and chickens to cool off in-apparently spring is going to by pass us entirely-we've had such great, long ones the last couple years. Garden popping up nicely-spent some time out there yesterday after I got home (had to go directly to my meeting from airport-was new board of directors election night-guess it means I am officially president for the year now LOL)-weeded a bit, thinned out the radishes and carrots, put some herb cuttings in nesting boxes for the hens. And now that the beans are coming up there is an entire corner where Daisy must have got to the seeds and eaten them before I caught her and replanted the rest. Ah well-guess that corner is reserved for the pumpkin seeds in a couple months.
Yep, 4 day week-end. Done. Wahoo for me.
I gave myself a 4 day weekend too. Going to St Louis saturday/sunday. Friday i have to start getting ready for June trip-clean out coop, finish weeding, making sure there is enough dog/chicken food...

I'm taking a short break to wolf down my Panera lunch and de-stress here!
Love Panera! Nice to escape for a break a bit!

Since SW fares much better 2 days before Porto ressie, would you stay 2 nights at Cabana Bay, SF or Aventura? Leaning toward SF or Cabana, but maybe be the first guests at Aventura? Thoughts?

They all are nice- the pictures of Aventura look great! What are the price differences?

DD all checked in, training on Saturday-guess that is when she finds out for sure location. Gets her blue ID Friday am-you bet she's gonna be in parks that day

Very exciting!!

And it's raining again....

Yep- just started raining again here too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts