I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back friends!!!

...I don’t like change...

I need to see what it's like on the laptop but to me it's not as user friendly on my phone because it doesn't give me individual page numbers like before and thr link back to the board is buried. Those are both things I use often.

I do like the dashboard thingy at the top. They need to do a tips thread somewhere on how best to use mobile, too lazy to figure it all out :surfweb::coffee:

I need to see what it's like on the laptop but to me it's not as user friendly on my phone because it doesn't give me individual page numbers like before and thr link back to the board is buried. Those are both things I use often.

I do like the dashboard thingy at the top. They need to do a tips thread somewhere on how best to use mobile, too lazy to figure it all out :surfweb::coffee:
It took me a minute to figure out how to get to my “watched threads” which is my go to:

https://www.disboards.com/watched/threads
I bookmarked that as my main “dis” page now :-)

Hmm, looks like everyone else was able to get in awhile ago. I’ve been trying off and on for about an hour. Finally in. Was able to log in about 30 min ago but couldn’t go farther. On way home from DC. Just did a quick overnight. My tip is to never drive into DC on Memorial Day weekend. Holy cow, road closures and motorcycles everywhere. We did fine yesterday walking everywhere. And I wore my new Vionic sandals and my feet did well. But trying to drive out this afternoon was tricky. Stayed at Grand Hyatt, was a good location. Will put a review up on the hotel thread.

You could move on to a mailer without the 24 mo. language :)

I will definitely keep that in mind. TBH I wasn't doing this with a plan in mind for the miles, I was mostly looking for Biz MCs to use on Plastiq for mortgage payments to fulfill the 10K promo that I got. I was hoping the SUBs would at least offset the $250 in Plastiq fees I paid. Which I think worked out.

Value of meeting MSRs:
$1025 on CIP#2 (used DH support link, x 1.5 CSR)
$225 on BoA Biz MC
$500 on my CitiBiz AA#2 (est. value of 60K AA miles, but who knows what it will be as AA switches to dynamic pricing)
$ 0 on DH's CitiBiz AA#2
$1750 gained

+ expected $250 AA gc (to add to the $900 in AA gc I got with 2 AX Biz Plats and 1 AX Gold)
+ 20K FFDs at Plastiq ($500) due to using my own promo

- $250 Plastiq fees paid
$ 2250 net gain (not including SUBs or 2.0+% gained when I use the FFDs)

So it worked out well for me, but it could have very easily not. I was playing with a lot of unguaranteed loopholes (CIP#2, CitiBizAA#2 no mailer, 20K match, Plastiq). Unfortunately, DH's CitiBizAA#2 didn't pan out, but overall I got lucky.

Hmm I’m not a big fan of this new look. Looks way too much like Facebook and I really miss the individual page numbers. I was just now able to log in.

We’re supposed to board in about 15 minutes for LAX!! We got A 21 and 22 and they told everyone there are 17 empty seats so should be a good flight.

I just booked return flights from the Maldives for our trip next April. I was going to book through the Chase portal with my URs, but they wanted almost 500,000 points for a business class flight for 2 of us.

I ended up checking with British Airways -- they only needed 270,000 points to get us from Doha to Miami (via London). Turns out that Chase has a 30% promo on transfers to BA, so it cost me just 208,000 URs to get the flights in business class.

I had to call BA to book the flights for the reason that when I tried to book online, despite BA website showing 7 available seats, I wasn't able to complete the booking. It took the agent about a half hour total to book for me as she had to book as separate legs. She also booked the upper deck seats (63A and 63B) on the 747 from London to Miami at a cost of $155.00 pp (worth it).

I booked the flights from Male to Doha with URs at a total cost of 148,940 UR (on Qatar). In total I saved over 100,000 booking this way (instead of using the Chase portal for all the flights), which makes me very happy (because I hoard my URs!).

It was a bit of work this way, but at least we get home in business class from Male - Doha - London - Miami.

We do have to spend a night in Doha (flight lands at 10:30pm and takes off for London at 9:00am), but I'm sure I'll figure something out!

I just booked return flights from the Maldives for our trip next April. I was going to book through the Chase portal with my URs, but they wanted almost 500,000 points for a business class flight for 2 of us
where u staying in Maldives? curious to know your transfer fee to the island and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter