• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Father's Day Weekend 2024

cherice95403

Mouseketeer
Hi all - I see some conflicting crowd calendars online. Does anyone have experience at WDW Father's day weekend? We are planning to be in the parks 6/14-6/17 with one each day. Thanks!

Hi all - I see some conflicting crowd calendars online. Does anyone have experience at WDW Father's day weekend? We are planning to be in the parks 6/14-6/17 with one each day. Thanks!
I am there the same weekend (for a longer stay) - I always anticipate Disney to be busy and pleasantly surprised when it is manageable. As much as I may be tempted to research crowd forecasts - I can’t change my trip dates and I can only work with the park day selection via a reservation as I am an AP holder. Genie+ is purchasable on the day - so it will be what it will be. ParkHopping is a nice option to have if you need to pivot on a plan.

If rides are an absolute priority consider arriving early for standby wait times that are tolerable and/or alternatively stack LL’s for later in the day - buying individual LL’s for the must haves per park as it applies.

Lastly, right before arrival, I watch a few of the live streamers to get a sense of crowd density at the parks - because it’s a weekend - I always expect it to be busier than a weekday with a few exceptions relating to MK and maybe HS.

We went last year over Father’s Day and it was mild crowds. Fair amount of people, but not crazy. It was nice. We are going again this year during the week of Father’s Day. I’m fairly certain it’ll be much more crowded this year as they’ve announced a bunch of new stuff at most parks starting June 10th. AND there are rumors that previews/media of some kind for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will be that week. So I’m expecting a lot more crowds than last year. I hope I’m wrong!

We went last year over Father’s Day and it was mild crowds. Fair amount of people, but not crazy. It was nice. We are going again this year during the week of Father’s Day. I’m fairly certain it’ll be much more crowded this year as they’ve announced a bunch of new stuff at most parks starting June 10th. AND there are rumors that previews/media of some kind for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will be that week. So I’m expecting a lot more crowds than last year. I hope I’m wrong!
Oh! What new stuff have they announced? We were so hoping Tiana's Bayou would be done, but this is the only week we could go so all we can do it hope :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter