I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING: The Following content contains Star Wars Land Spoilers.

I just came back from a visit to Star Wars Land. The enterance i entered was where thunder ranch was. they made it so hidden so the transition between frontierland and star wars land was pretty good. I was not able to take any pictures though, they were so strict on this, they had us put any electronics in bags and they were sealed. no pictures :(
Our first stop was to the make your droid center. the cost of this was around $120. its a pretty neat place, they have like work stations where u can pick out your part and build it. theres like special windows that you go to to do so. You can build all sorts of droids, i think they even beep and move. saw someone built a red white and blue r2d2 and was driving it around.
We bypassed the make your own light sabers. we are told its around $220. You pick your lightsaber design i believe and then u go into the workshop to finish building it. i am told it has some kind of story behind building it. we could not see this without actually buying it. the quality of the lightsabers do look pretty good.
The Main Ride. The Smuggle run ride. This ride sits behind the Millennium Falcon. If you see pictures of it, the building behind it. It weaves around on the outside of the Falcon and then into the building. you sorta walk through a repair shop or something and then up to the 2nd floor where u can see the top of the Falcon. After that, you enter into one of 2 chambers. It kinda explains the story of how you are gonna need to go on a Smuggle Run or something like that. You then walk into the Falcon and are separated into a group of 6, then again in 2. You will be given a tab that will designate your job, Pilot, Gunner or Engineer. The pilots will fly, Gunners will shoot, Engineers will repair. I was the Engineer. So basically the pilot can control the up and down movement and engage hyperdrive, the gunner will press buttons to fire and whenever either pilot or gunner screws up, the engineer will have to push buttons to repair... it was quite entertaining that you have to do stuff in the ride, the one fault i did see was that i was constantly staring at the switches that than enjoying the scene. The ride was quite short too... maybe 2-3 minutes.
We entered an area where it is mostly First Order area. I believe Kylo Ren's ship is parked there with a long line taking a pictures... Around the corner, there are a bunch of droids... am told that there is a specific droid that was actually used in the movie. I believe its the battle droids from E1, they look pretty authentic and real.
I think someeone asked this but we saw a Blue and Green Milk stand. We decided to get one each to taste... i felt like it was quite expensive though... 1 cup, smaller than the size of a coffee cup for $7.99. I can get like 5x the size of it at 7-11. The Green taste a little florally, it was not as sweet as the Blue one which i think i like the Blue one better. Expensive though...
We ended up in some kind of market place afterwards that were full of stores... not much to see here but the market place was very detailed up. was a pretty site to see.
We walked over to the Resistance side... not a whole lot to see. there was an X wing and A wing. we saw chewy there as well. The 2nd ride is still being constructed but we saw the entrance there. i was expecting to see some Ewoks here but there was none in side. Sorry @Lain Wife.
we found the famous Cantina in e4. there was a gigantic line here so we skipped it.

Overall very good experience. we were there for about 4 hours to explore everything(well almost). i hope you guys enjoy my description. if you have questions, let me know!

We decided to see Aladdin tonight kind if last minute. Just got back popcorn:: We both really enjoyed it and thought it was way better than we were expecting. I'd agree it reminded me of the stage show with the costumes and everything, though I wish they'd used some of those songs too. DH is ranking it as his favorite live action currently.

Last edited:

I just came back from a visit to Star Wars Land. The enterance i entered was where thunder ranch was. they made it so hidden so the transition between frontierland and star wars land was pretty good. I was not able to take any pictures though, they were so strict on this, they had us put any electronics in bags and they were sealed. no pictures :(
Our first stop was to the make your droid center. the cost of this was around $120. its a pretty neat place, they have like work stations where u can pick out your part and build it. theres like special windows that you go to to do so. You can build all sorts of droids, i think they even beep and move. saw someone built a red white and blue r2d2 and was driving it around.
We bypassed the make your own light sabers. we are told its around $220. You pick your lightsaber design i believe and then u go into the workshop to finish building it. i am told it has some kind of story behind building it. we could not see this without actually buying it. the quality of the lightsabers do look pretty good.
The Main Ride. The Smuggle run ride. This ride sits behind the Millennium Falcon. If you see pictures of it, the building behind it. It weaves around on the outside of the Falcon and then into the building. you sorta walk through a repair shop or something and then up to the 2nd floor where u can see the top of the Falcon. After that, you enter into one of 2 chambers. It kinda explains the story of how you are gonna need to go on a Smuggle Run or something like that. You then walk into the Falcon and are separated into a group of 6, then again in 2. You will be given a tab that will designate your job, Pilot, Gunner or Engineer. The pilots will fly, Gunners will shoot, Engineers will repair. I was the Engineer. So basically the pilot can control the up and down movement and engage hyperdrive, the gunner will press buttons to fire and whenever either pilot or gunner screws up, the engineer will have to push buttons to repair... it was quite entertaining that you have to do stuff in the ride, the one fault i did see was that i was constantly staring at the switches that than enjoying the scene. The ride was quite short too... maybe 2-3 minutes.
We entered an area where it is mostly First Order area. I believe Kylo Ren's ship is parked there with a long line taking a pictures... Around the corner, there are a bunch of droids... am told that there is a specific droid that was actually used in the movie. I believe its the battle droids from E1, they look pretty authentic and real.
I think someeone asked this but we saw a Blue and Green Milk stand. We decided to get one each to taste... i felt like it was quite expensive though... 1 cup, smaller than the size of a coffee cup for $7.99. I can get like 5x the size of it at 7-11. The Green taste a little florally, it was not as sweet as the Blue one which i think i like the Blue one better. Expensive though...
We ended up in some kind of market place afterwards that were full of stores... not much to see here but the market place was very detailed up. was a pretty site to see.
We walked over to the Resistance side... not a whole lot to see. there was an X wing and A wing. we saw chewy there as well. The 2nd ride is still being constructed but we saw the entrance there. i was expecting to see some Ewoks here but there was none in side. Sorry @Lain Wife.
we found the famous Cantina in e4. there was a gigantic line here so we skipped it.

Overall very good experience. we were there for about 4 hours to explore everything(well almost). i hope you guys enjoy my description. if you have questions, let me know!

Thanks @Albort!

We decided to see Aladdin tonight kind if last minute. Just got back popcorn:: We both really enjoyed it and thought it was way better than we were expecting. I'd agree it reminded me of the stage show with the costumes and everything, though I wish they'd used some of those songs too. DH is ranking it as his favorite live action currently.

I suspect it will be DH’s favorite too. Though he actually does really like Beauty and the Beast haha. He’s at a horse show in SC and is MAD that I went to see it without him!! :laughing: I told him it’s not like we’re destitute... we can see it again lol.

Did I see someone here say that you have to hold onto airline GCs for 45 days before selling them on Cardcash or Raise? Or am I making that up?
Raise has the 45-day policy. I don't know about Cardcash. If you do go with Raise, you want to list it right away though (it will be "pending") and not wait 45 days to list it. Otherwise, you have to jump through some hoops to prove that it is 45 days old.

What am I doing wrong? I don’t see any offers on my Disney Visa. I have them on my CSR and Marriott cards.
I don't have any on my Disney Visa either. I just started getting offers on my Sw card. But it new, just since Jan. I don't use my Disney card so that may be my problem not sure.

Raise has the 45-day policy. I don't know about Cardcash. If you do go with Raise, you want to list it right away though (it will be "pending") and not wait 45 days to list it. Otherwise, you have to jump through some hoops to prove that it is 45 days old.

Thanks! I sold with Cardcash before but I sat on my card for a while so I was at 90 days before I listed it. I’d like to go ahead list the two I have now though since I’d like to use the money for something.

@Albort - thanks so much for sharing this!

So I missed my window to lower some Chase CL's after I got approved for the CIP. (guess I was so excited to get the holy grail of churning I just forgot the rest of the plan.) I'm thinking of going for the SW personal card before the 60k offer expires, which is before my next round of statement dates. I'd like to confirm that it was Chase that would report to your CR out of cycle if you paid your balance to $0?
I don't have much on the cards I'm looking to lower so I can pay off the current charges with the statement charges if that'll adjust my reported CL's too. Just have to remember to do it this time before the offer expires :rolleyes:

Oh poo, just saw reported today that the support bonus for the supporter (supportee? hard to know what's more confusing in this context) for AmEx ED and Green cards were lowered to 7,500 MR :(
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...bonus-on-green-everyday-bce-why-that-matters/

DoC also mentions the BCE but I thought that was always $75 so maybe it was bumped up at some point to $100 and I missed it? My only MR card is the ED card and I know just the other day when I was in there it was still showing 10k, but just 7,500 now, still up to 55k per year. So they pulled a Chase with the Freedom card, find us more people but we don't want to spend any more money to acquire them, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter