I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: I streamed Oliver and Company for the kids last night. It was my first ever Disney movie I saw in the theater, so maybe that’s why I think of it fondly and thought they’d enjoy it. They finished it, but let’s just say they were definitely underwhelmed. Usually they ask to watch something more than once over several days but nope. They love Robin Hood so I don’t think it’s the age of the film at all. Sigh.

This could’ve been written by me. Oliver and Company was also my first Disney movie in theaters. Loved it as a kid. Tried to show it to my kiddo a while back, and she couldn’t have been more uninterested.

Oohh the page numbers are back! @Haley R

And the ad's aren't as noticeable/obnoxious as they were before. I think they are smaller, at least on my laptop.

Ok back to scrapbooking, over 20 single pages in and I'm just now finishing the first full day of Paris. This book is going to be HUGE. But I enjoy the paper/stickers/real photo's so much more than the digital stuff you can do.
I'm with you, I've scrapbooked for years and, for a while, I tried to get on the digital scrapbooking thinking I could travel with my "stuff' so much easier and work on an album anywhere, but I never made the transition. I still like my hoard of paper and stickers and much prefer actual pictures. I'm behind now. One of my goals for this year is to get caught up. We'll see how that goes.

And as far as the changes to the boards, meh :rolleyes1. I don't like change either so thats part of it but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I can now find the emoji's now so thats a bonus. Never could get them to show up previously on my MacBook.

Agree with both of you! Digital is not the same. I didnt really enjoy putting together Walgreens photo books for our wedding, but we did get them done by Christmas so they were good to take to show people and give to parents and grandparents. And now I havent had a chance to sit and scrapbook the wedding for myself. Hopefully soon.

Oh I don't like the look of this upgraded board :headache: - prefer the vintage look. Oh well.

I am back from my BFFs wedding. A whirlwind trip to Illinois and back in just over 24 hours. Then I had an old friend stay at my house unexpectedly last night when we got in. Pretty tired.

We stayed at the Residence Inn Champaign, IL. Here's a review: I'm glad I used points and not cash. Booked the place solely for the hot tub. Got ready to get into the tub... and it was cold. Otherwise this was your standard cheapish hotel.

Turned out to be an expensive trip because a rock slammed into the windshield and cracked it bad. So that was $450 I wasn't planning on spending. New windshield is being installed Thursday. Sigh.

I love the real scrapbooks. I just need time to work on them. I have 100000000’s of pics and not enough time. I keep buying my papers and stamps that I want as I know one day I’ll have time. Digital just isn’t the same. I need 3-D and be able to touch everything. Doesn’t help that’s one of my businesses.

As for this new update. It’s slower than before. I’m on an iPhone and it’s loading the page slower.
What happened to the last read button?

Have to share my churning wins (& losses). Flight to Vancouver on AA points (see some of us use them for flights ) with seats upgraded with travel credit from BOA card. DH had no tray table. We were supposed to be able to get an alcoholic drink with the upgrade, it wasn’t offered and they had no sparkling wine when I asked for a mimosa. :( I used my Barclays Aviator for WiFi ( $25 credit per year) and tweeted inflight at AA to complain about the tray table. DH got 2500 miles for his lack of tray table. Arrived at YVR on time but OMG immigration was awful. Over an hour in line. Finally got to hotel. Upgrade to a corner room, city view, on 32nd floor! An hour later, a knock on the door was delivery of a lovely welcome gift. Nice! The Hyatt is quite nice, Starbucks in lobby and super fancy elevator system which you use your room key for and it stops only on your floor (no buttons in elevator) Had a fun tour in North Vancouver today of Capilano suspension bridges and Grouse Mountain, booked with URs. And beautiful weather, sunshine and blue skies in the 70’s.
ETA I also upgraded my Amex Hilton card for 150k points this morning

Last edited:
Have to share my churning wins (& losses). Flight to Vancouver on AA points (see some of us use them for flights ) with seats upgraded with travel credit from BOA card. DH had no tray table. We were supposed to be able to get an alcoholic drink with the upgrade, it wasn’t offered and they had no sparkling wine when I asked for a mimosa. :( I used my Barclays Aviator for WiFi ( $25 credit per year) and tweeted inflight at AA to complain about the tray table. DH got 2500 miles for his lack of tray table. Arrived at YVR on time but OMG immigration was awful. Over an hour in line. Finally got to hotel. Upgrade to a corner room, city view, on 32nd floor! An hour later, a knock on the door was delivery of a lovely welcome gift. Nice! The Hyatt is quite nice, Starbucks in lobby and super fancy elevator system which you use your room key for and it stops only on your floor (no buttons in elevator) Had a fun tour in North Vancouver today of Capilano suspension bridges and Grouse Mountain, booked with URs. And beautiful weather, sunshine and blue skies in the 70’s.
ETA I also upgraded my Amex Hilton card for 150k points this morning
Enjoy your cruise!!!!

RR is always 1.4
UR is 1.7-1.9
Marriott is .7-.9

everyone value could vary though.
SW RR = 1.42-1.52cpp depending on how expensive the flight is. I assume 1.48 based on our history.

UR = highly variably. Obviously 1cpp cash and 1.5cpp portal. Otherwise this could vary greatly.

Marriott = 0.7cpp for me based on my history.
Thanks I always try to see the value in the points. Sometimes I wonder if it’s cheaper to pay vs using points so I like to see the value.

So hope swa releases on Wednesday or sooner. Thursday is going to be so busy. I much prefer to get the flights booked first thing as that’s when I’ve seen them the cheapest. Lately haven’t seen the flights drop in price.

I'm with you, I've scrapbooked for years and, for a while, I tried to get on the digital scrapbooking thinking I could travel with my "stuff' so much easier and work on an album anywhere, but I never made the transition. I still like my hoard of paper and stickers and much prefer actual pictures. I'm behind now. One of my goals for this year is to get caught up. We'll see how that goes.

I hoard too but I'm finally using some of the old stuff and it makes me so excited. That pirate skull and cross bone paper I needed for some reason, Oh Pirates and Princesses at DLP. Picture with Jafar, oh look I actually have a Jafar sticker! I've been using new stuff too and need to make another trip to Joanne's tomorrow after the gym because I need more pages so I'm sure I'll look at the stuff there too because you just never know. Once I get all the pictures in the book I still need to print all the labels and stuff, cut them and put them in. We have a new printer that isn't bluetooth and I don't like wasting paper so I'm just typing what I need and then I'll fix the fonts and print all at once.

I love the real scrapbooks. I just need time to work on them. I have 100000000’s of pics and not enough time. I keep buying my papers and stamps that I want as I know one day I’ll have time. Digital just isn’t the same. I need 3-D and be able to touch everything. Doesn’t help that’s one of my businesses.

I stopped scrapbooking back in 2010, just never got around to getting back to it. I have only managed to get WDW trips and now the DLP trip, scrapbooked. I still need to go back and do stuff with the other trips etc. Some has photo's printed already and some don't.

I had gotten a groupon for a photobook before xmas thinking I'd use it for Paris but changed my mind so I did it with my DC trip from 2017 since it was also my 3rd trip there. It was such a pain to do and not all of the photo's printed as nicely as they could/should have. I do have a lot of neat stuff that I bought for the last two trips for when I get around to scrapbooking them someday. I need a craft room, it would make things so much easier because I wouldn't have to clean the mess up or get everything out and put it away. I could do some here or there.

I finally got back to the Disboards on my laptop, and although I can't keep up with this thread as much as I'd like to, the first place I wanted to check was here! I'm not sure how I feel about the update. I thought the old version was fine, but what do I know... :confused3

As far as credit cards go, I now understand the feeling of waiting to be under 5/24! Last I posted I was looking to apply for a Chase business card for the office supply category. I was fine with waiting, but now I've been drawn into the Costco Citi card :rolleyes1 The 4% on gas is really drawing me in, especially since we've been shopping more at Costco lately and getting gas while we're there. It's killing me to keep using my CFU there and only earn 1.5%, while I could be earning 5% + 5% on my Discover! If I had the Costco card, I'd be earning 4%! I'm trying to wait until I'm under 5/24 to make my next move, but it's so hard...

! I'm trying to wait until I'm under 5/24 to make my next move, but it's so hard...

I feel your pain! I'm trying to get under 5/24 and if I refrain from any personal cards it will be...December🙁 I'm staying at a couple of Hiltons next month and while I'd love the Aspire...I'm really trying to stay the course. I did accept an Amex offer to upgrade my biz gold to (another) biz plat since that will give me a (hefty) MSR and yet keep me on track. I should easily knock out the MSR between home insurance and tuition so it's win-win.

Good luck!:shamrock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter