I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have American Air mileage number, when I applied for Citi AA Card, I believe it says the number will be assigned if I don’t own one to begin with. But now I can’t seem to find the number when I log in to Citi account. Could someone direct me where to look? I want to apply for Barclay AA biz card, but not sure if I need to enter AA mileage number when I fill out application

Well enjoying sitting by the pool this weekend. Received the citi booklet. Informed delivery apparently only liked to notify me every 20 items or so that I have something coming. Haven’t received a notice in 20+ days. Hoping the card arrives Tuesday.

Well enjoying sitting by the pool this weekend. Received the citi booklet. Informed delivery apparently only liked to notify me every 20 items or so that I have something coming. Haven’t received a notice in 20+ days. Hoping the card arrives Tuesday.

We received the Citi info papers on Friday. Hoping the cards arrive soon so I can take advantage of the 1% on up to $10k Plastiq promo that DH received.

Question: what’s the average value folks place on miles for hotel redemptions?

What about for air redemptions?

Last edited:
Not sure how many shop at basin but there’s a 15% off when you spend $60 or more. I’ve been waiting for the dr spot and mosquito soap to come back in stock. Finally got some ordered. Then got another $15 credit from the thanx app for all the spending we have been doing. Thanks to Mickey soaps and shea salt scrubs kids are addicted to them. If you haven’t joined Thanx check out dischurners. It gives you $15 back for your first purchase I believe on top of the 15% off.

Ventured into a ‘Disney for families’ thread and could immediately feel the hostility. What is up with those people?!? So angry for people who love Disney :scared1:
Anyways, this board is terrible now on my phone! Thought it was supposed to be so great on mobile devices :(

I’m having a terrible time just connecting. Wondering if too many are trying to get their DIS fix at once and we are just crashing the boards.

I’m having a terrible time just connecting. Wondering if too many are trying to get their DIS fix at once and we are just crashing the boards.
I can connect but it’s very sluggish and just is difficult to use on my phone. Especially if I put in an emoji, it’s hard to get back to the reply box.

where u staying in Maldives? curious to know your transfer fee to the island and back.
We are staying at the soon-to-be-opened Waldorf Astoria Maldives (on points, of course!). I haven't been able to ascertain the transfer fees yet, hopefully once the resort opens. I plan on pre-paying for 1 transfer to trigger the $250.00 resort credit on my Aspire, then book the other transfer next year.

As an aside, this resort is a sweet deal on points - 120,000 points / night for a 2,500 square foot villa on the beach with private pool. Cash cost is close to $2,700.00 / night. With my Aspire I should get free breakfast for my daughter and myself.

We are booked on Air Canada going to the Maldives 9did this last week) -- had to book the return flights today (it was much harder, but it's taken care of now!).

I can connect but it’s very sluggish and just is difficult to use on my phone. Especially if I put in an emoji, it’s hard to get back to the reply box.

I had to use my back button which got rid of the emojis but I'm on android. I don't like the colors and since I thought the old boards were fine don't understand the change. I'm sure we'll get used to it but meh. I also feel like there are now TOO many emojis.

Only because I want to see how it works since you can direct from twitter now. Well that's fun, you do it under media that has many more options than before. This will make posting DoC stuff better.

ETA what the heck, in the preview it showed the tweet.

ETAA now it's there. let's see if this update gets the picture or just the link.

Oohh the page numbers are back! @Haley R

And the ad's aren't as noticeable/obnoxious as they were before. I think they are smaller, at least on my laptop.

Ok back to scrapbooking, over 20 single pages in and I'm just now finishing the first full day of Paris. This book is going to be HUGE. But I enjoy the paper/stickers/real photo's so much more than the digital stuff you can do.

Howdy all. Just got approved for a Delta Amex Gold and a Delta Amex Business Gold. 120,000 sky pesos. Any tips or tricks to try and rack up Delta points? Delta is the main carrier at our airport so since I had room for a couple of cards I thought I'd play with them a bit.

We are also a Delta hostage. Besides Delta cards, we have several Amex MR cards. I also have the Amex Platinum with Delta designated as our carrier. When you purchase a Delta ticket with MR points, about a month later you get back 35% of the points. The Platinum comes with a hefty fee, but we tend to buy several tickets a year with Delta and it helps to reach status for my DH without spending any money. You can also transfer MRs to Delta, but it comes with a fee.

If you have a business, there is also the Delta SkyBonus program. It requires $5K in spend and 5 unique travelers to stay in the program. It takes forever to accumulate enough points for a ticket, but it just another avenue to get free travel. A year or so ago, we got a Delta Platinum offer for 70K Skybonus, 70K Skymiles and 10K MQM with $4k in spend which we thought was a good deal.

OT: I streamed Oliver and Company for the kids last night. It was my first ever Disney movie I saw in the theater, so maybe that’s why I think of it fondly and thought they’d enjoy it. They finished it, but let’s just say they were definitely underwhelmed. Usually they ask to watch something more than once over several days but nope. They love Robin Hood so I don’t think it’s the age of the film at all. Sigh.

I missed you all during the upgrade. I don't post as often as some but I'm usually reading along. Somehow between hosting a graduation open house, my son graduating high school, and getting ready for an extended family trip to Pigeon Forge this weekend, I managed to "help" P2 apply for CIP2 last night. I haven't called the status line today but with the holiday weekend, I don't expect anything too soon.

I like how the new board looks on my phone. Not sure where everything is yet but it will help when I can explore on my iPad. We're driving down I-75 right now. 🚙

Ok back to scrapbooking, over 20 single pages in and I'm just now finishing the first full day of Paris. This book is going to be HUGE. But I enjoy the paper/stickers/real photo's so much more than the digital stuff you can do.

I'm with you, I've scrapbooked for years and, for a while, I tried to get on the digital scrapbooking thinking I could travel with my "stuff' so much easier and work on an album anywhere, but I never made the transition. I still like my hoard of paper and stickers and much prefer actual pictures. I'm behind now. One of my goals for this year is to get caught up. We'll see how that goes.

And as far as the changes to the boards, meh :rolleyes1. I don't like change either so thats part of it but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I can now find the emoji's now so thats a bonus. Never could get them to show up previously on my MacBook.

Woohoo, we’re back! I’m liking the look on my phone! I’m on an iPhone 8. Haven’t opened it on my computer yet.

Hmm, looks like everyone else was able to get in awhile ago. I’ve been trying off and on for about an hour. Finally in. Was able to log in about 30 min ago but couldn’t go farther. On way home from DC. Just did a quick overnight. My tip is to never drive into DC on Memorial Day weekend. Holy cow, road closures and motorcycles everywhere. We did fine yesterday walking everywhere. And I wore my new Vionic sandals and my feet did well. But trying to drive out this afternoon was tricky. Stayed at Grand Hyatt, was a good location. Will put a review up on the hotel thread.

Looking forward to your review, I’m supposed to stay there three nights in November for a work trip and conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter