Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi Scott MC,
Does your room have a daybed? If so, can you take a picture & perhaps see what brand it is? Thanks. Have a wonderful vacation!

page 178-181

At this rate, by the time I catch up on this thread it will be time for me to go again. Oh, well. There are worse problems to have!

;)

:welcome: back!

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list for February for your friends trip.

:woohoo:

I believe you are correct- groups/families of 5 are only able to book SV at Club Level, I believe at both BC and YC resorts. The GV and WV rooms at CL have very few daybeds, so they can't accommodate larger groups. I don't know if any additional rooms received daybeds at BC after the remodel- I haven't heard one way or the other.

I don't think there are any pullout couches in the resort rooms (but I could be wrong)- as far as I know it is only daybeds in some of the rooms.

:thumbsup2

:wave2:

I'm late wishing you safe travels, but I hope you are having a fantastic trip, and, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

:love:

:welcome: to this thread.

Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1?

:cool2:

Coke Zero is not typically offered in the BC CL lounge. I don't know how accommodating the staff is about providing items like this upon request. If you have a CL reservation, my suggestion to you is to email the IPO in advance of your trip and ask if they are able to get some for you. Or ask while you are there. I honestly don't know if they are able to get it for you, but it never hurts to ask.

::yes::

You gotta do what you gotta do!

I'll change your listing.

Feel free to keep hanging around with us if you want.

:goodvibes:

Sure! We'll be there Sept 8 through the 13th.

page 182-186

Does anyone know what brand the daybed is?

BUMPING this again, because the question intrigues me.

We are hoping to have a daybed next week as I share a room with 3 awesome sidekicks, so I will try to remember to check it out when we are there.

Hello Everyone!
I have been lurking and haven't posted since my trip to BC in April, suffered the usual withdrawal. Best cure, book next trip!!
Dee, Can you please add my to guest list for 9/10-9/15 SV YC
Ninja mom, Please keep you humor coming, you have made me laugh out loud in the craziest places!!
Everyone else on this board, You are an amazing group of people, so kind and supportive of one another!!
Please keep all trip info coming, I love living vicariously through you and enjoy all the pics and details (PAS Family so cute)!!!
Thank you again for making me smile every time I read this thread!!!
Shelly
P.s. Dee, glad you are on the mend. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this thread, I truly appreciate it!

:welcome: back and thanks for the kind words!

I'll add you back to the list.

:woohoo:

Hi All! Excited to say we've added an extra day to BC!! We snagged a late summer rate for 9/11 to add to our short trip 9/12-9/14 before our cruise. So excited to have a full day at the hotel :) Our travel day will be 9/11, a blissful full day at BC 9/12, MK 9/13 then off to the Dream on 9/14. The only room that was available was a LV so we will have to check out and check back in (our original reservation is GV).. might be a little bit of a hassle but still so happy to enjoy the BC. Thanks to you all for making this thread and hotel so inviting!!!

Got it! I think I have made the revision to your listing, but I will double-check to be sure.

:cool2:

When we were staying CL, I responded to the questionnaire they emailed me and told them that we would like to have some diet ginger ale, some Michelob Ultra beer, and some almond milk. They responded to me and asked how much we wanted!!! They were very accommodating. Once we checked in they brought the items to our rooms. This was on our trip on 2013, hopefully they will still be able to accommodate you, just ask!!

DH and I just booked a stay at BC, Garden View for October, for F&W. We check in 10/16 and out 10/19. I was tickled to find an Epcot resort this late in the game.
It's our first stay at BC, though we did stay at YC last May.
Wondered what our chances are of a King bed? Are there many?
Trying to figure out what to do for our online checkin. Ground floor? It's a quick trip so I can't imagine we'll be in the room tons. We don't have any little ones with us this trip so no need to have a balcony to escape to.
I think what we would want first and foremost is along the wing nearest to Epcot. But I'm sure that's high on the list of many guests during that time.

Hi All! I have a what would you do question...

We arrive at BC on Saturday, and we have booked an adjoining room with my daughter and her husband. A week ago, when discussing the "don't forget" list, I mentioned the luggage tags to my daughter. As you can probably guess where this is going, she never received these. I called the TA, who ordered new tags, but unless they arrive in tomorrow's mail, we will need to travel with out them (the tags, not the daughter & her husband, LOL). So, heres the what would you do part -

I was told that if the tags do not arrive, we are to show our Magic Bands (we have those) at check in with Magical Express and provide them with the white luggage tag we received at departure, and they will ensure the luggage gets to BC. Have any of you done this with success, or do you think its safer to just pick up the bag from the baggage carousel and THEN get in line at Magical Express?

Thanks in advance!

~Christine

Yes, on a couple of our trips, the yellow luggage tags didn't arrive...checking in at the DME desk will ensure that your luggage is found and arrives in your room. One trip, I even forgot to check in at the desk I was so excited to be so close to DISNEY! I talked with the Bell staff at the resort, and they did eventually find and deliver my bags...it took a while, but luckily I had packed my "essentials" (everything except a cork screw, which the resort provided when I bought a bottle if wine at their store) in my carryon!!

I totally agree!!!

In a week, we will be going for our 3rd stay at the Hard Rock Hotel. We tried the Portofino on our first trip but really love the location and the vibe of the Hard Rock.

We've done the Universal Trifecta: all 3 onsite hotels. Royal Pacific is very nice, and the walk to IoA is beautiful, however the onsite food options are not to our taste, so we have to go a long way to find food. Portofino is the nicest hotel in terms of the pools and outdoor atmosphere, but the resort is huge and if you get a far away room, it can take a long time to walk just to the front of the hotel! The walk to the parks is much longer than at the other hotels, although you can take a shorter, less atmospheric walk across the street through the Hard Rock Parking lot. The Hard Rock is a fun hotel, but the theming just isn't exciting for us so much, compared to the more immersive theming at Royal Pacific and Portofino Bay. Still, it's a lovely hotel with a nice pool area and a great restaurant, and it is so convenient to USF.

So as you can see, plusses and minuses with each hotel! In our minds, there's no clear winner, but for our upcoming trip next summer, we decided to stay at the Hard Rock again. ;)

Ahhhh :eek:

I haven't been on in a while because of the beginning of the school year and all the craziness that comes with it. Now I had to search for our board AND catch up on 50+ pages. Good thing I'm supervising Friday detention right now... ;)

~Cari~ pluto:

...40 minutes later and I thought I was doing a good job of getting through them. Then I see the note at the bottom of the page that reads "645 more messages". There's only 30 more minutes of detention left...

Last edited:
Hi Scott MC,
Does your room have a daybed? If so, can you take a picture & perhaps see what brand it is? Thanks. Have a wonderful vacation!
We have a day bed. Send me a PM and I'll check - if I see the notification, I'll remember.

I'm at DTD with a toddler on my lap while my sister channels her inner Mrs. Roper. Think muumuu and woven bucket hat. My tween is beside herself...

Last edited:
I just checked the first page and its nice to see the 2016 Trip List getting bigger, I think when Dee put us on it there were only like 3 of us!!! I think my daughter and I are at 9 months till our trip :yay::D:yay: Till then I will be on here :surfweb: counting down the days :disrocks:

We have a day bed. Send me a PM and I'll check - if I see the notification, I'll remember.

I'm at DTD with a toddler on my lap while my sister channels her inner Mrs. Roper. Think muumuu and woven bucket hat. My tween is beside herself...

Plan A) either borrow a Muumuu from your sister or go to "Muumuu's R Us" (there MUST be one at Disney Springs with all that construction!) and buy a Muumuu to wear around WDW as you tour with your Tween.
Plan B) See if you can get your tween in a picture with Auntie Muumuu and then later on in the year, just before Christmas time, prank your Tween and tell her that shot is this year's holiday card.

Hi guys!

Checking in from the GF. You won't believe what is on the pool bar menu - SUNKEN TREASURES! Of course I had to have one!

ALERT!! Robyn is now in charge of running to every Disney resort's pool bar and checking to see if they have Sunken Treasures on the menus!

~NM

Yes, on a couple of our trips, the yellow luggage tags didn't arrive...checking in at the DME desk will ensure that your luggage is found and arrives in your room. One trip, I even forgot to check in at the desk I was so excited to be so close to DISNEY! I talked with the Bell staff at the resort, and they did eventually find and deliver my bags...it took a while, but luckily I had packed my "essentials" (everything except a cork screw, which the resort provided when I bought a bottle if wine at their store) in my carryon!!
That's awesome!! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter