Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The ground floors have a small patio with a table and two chairs. I don't think anywhere on the ground floor is considered standard. We just checked out of our ground floor room and we were supposed to be in standard but we were upgraded to garden/water view. We were facing the volleyball court on the lobby side. There was zero noise. We loved it!!!!! I don't think we could have had a more perfect room.

All the rooms on the ground floor surrounding the quiet pool are being refurbished right now (as of two days ago, anyways). We loved swimming in the quiet pool because it was so very quiet. I wouldn't think a room would be too noisy around the quiet pool though, even when all the rooms are finally occupied.

Sounds like a perfect location. Thanks. IF we make a ressie it will be for summer 2016, so rehab should be done by then.

The ground floor rooms would be the least plentiful of all the floors I would think, since so much of the ground floor is taken up with public areas. And there aren't any standard view ground floor rooms. There are a lot of garden view rooms, though. The lagoon view rooms would be the nicest category of all. The best location for a ground floor room in my opinion would be the volleyball courtyard since that is set back and no one walks in front of those rooms. Many of the ground floor rooms facing Epcot have patios that are adjacent to the sidewalk. There isn't much of a setback between the patio and the sidewalk. People would be walking past your rooms, especially those going to the villas. We had two ground floor room facing the lagoon with the wide grassy areas in front of them. Those were fantastic. We also had room 1501 next to the secret entrance and that was like Grand Central Station, no privacy at all.

Thanks for the details. Yes, I looked at the resort map after I asked, and I see now that the street side and public areas near SAB have so much on the ground floor that standard wouldn't make sense. Sounds like maybe a garden view would be the best bet if you want a courtyard away from all the traffic along the promenade. Note to self - ask to be moved if near 1501. Thanks!!

In 10 days, we will have checked into the first part of our trip...2 nights at the HRH...My hubby my dad and my 13 year old nephew! The rest of the family joins us on sept 3rd and 4th, and there will be 10 of us celebrating my dad's 80th...

He goes ball room dancing 5-6 days a week...and late last week he got a tear in his meniscus...sigh...he is totally against a scooter, and wants to just walk through it...he has no arthritis and no physical pain typically and does not want to "appear" old. He already had an MRI and is going to a orthopedist this week...a week before we leave...ugh! He has been looking forward to this trip forever!

Ok. Have to mention the first unpleasant experience of the entire trip.
Hurricane Hannah's.

We sat down and I immediately noticed that the salad I had found on the online menu was not available. Fail.
I then noticed that it was available at the take-out side. Could I get it at the bar? No.
But I can order it then bring it to the bar.

Oooookkkkkk.....

So I go wait in line, and it is so unorganized and I see my salad sit ready for at least 5 or 6 min before they call my name. Frustrating.

The salad? Not close to worth what I paid for it. DP's sandwich? Not available even though printed on the menu and he was not impressed with its replacement.

Service.
I was scared. First of all, no personality, then while we were eating, the bartender went to pour something and the top popped off, and what followed should never have. Total hissy fit. I understand the bartender's frustration with the spill, but throwing things, slamming things, muttering to oneself....inappropriate. We couldn't wait to tip less than 18% ( which we never do.... 20% as a rule for us), and get the heck out of there.

Never again.

Wow, that stinks. I hope it's an isolated incident, though it sounds like several things went wrong there. We are really counting on lounging by SAB with some adult beverages. I hope other bartenders there have better attitudes.

I stayed at AoA in 2012 with friends, and we had a great time with one bartender in particular at that pool bar. When I went back last November on a solo trip, he was still there and asked where my friends were. I loved that. This sounds like just the opposite.

Is there anywhere I can find out what products are in Deluxe resorts? (YC and Poly?) I think I've read on here that most people like the stuff, so I'm leaning towards leaving my stuff at home. My hair will be hideous in the humidity anyway so it doesn't really matter what I use! Shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion all in room?

Thanks! 6 days 'til paradise!

I just found it! Sounds like I'm all set.

Last edited:
LOL. I haven't had time to catch up on much - but I saw this. So true. Between my niece and 12-year-old, I was ready to jump off my balcony.

We ran into Scott and Tom at the dessert party last night, which was a lovely surprise. I don't know that I'd bother with it again. The view of the fireworks was great. But there are only so many desserts I can eat.

So we got a room on the 4th floor. Former balcony, but we got a pool view - so a nice upgrade. We could see the fireworks from HS from our room. It was awesome. Today is a few hours at the pool and then wander the world showcase before dinner at Flying Fish. If my tween behaves, she can join us. I keep pointing out that the Sandcastle Club takes kids up to 12.

Already hoping to take care of a magical deal for next year. I was told they should have dates in Septemver. I think I'm sticking with the BC. I can write more later about the pros and cons of each resort, but honestly, BC just feels like home to me.
Hi tarak. Were you at the Japan pavilion Thursday? I thought I saw you but was too chicken to say anything. It was in the room that's like an art gallery, don't know what it's called. Hope you are enjoying your vacation.

Coke Zero is not typically offered in the BC CL lounge. I don't know how accommodating the staff is about providing items like this upon request. If you have a CL reservation, my suggestion to you is to email the IPO in advance of your trip and ask if they are able to get some for you. Or ask while you are there. I honestly don't know if they are able to get it for you, but it never hurts to ask.

::yes::

As Dee says, it never hurts to ask. When we were at the YC CL lounge a few years ago, we didn't ask, but when we first looked at the lounge fridge I turned to my husband and said "Oh well, no Coke Zero for you." The nearest CM overheard us, immediately went to their storage room and came back with six bottles of Coke Zero for us to take back to the room fridge. It was one of those magical moments of great customer service.

I've read mention of this as well! Curious as to what kind of work they're doing... Anybody know?
I just got home today from my stay at the YC. The dropoff area in front is walled off and there were workers with jackhammers in there. I don't know what they were doing. The convention center is being used for the bus stop.

Does BC have the bus arrival time monitors installed yet? If so, are they remotely accurate?

Hoping this will be available (and useful) for our trip...in 12 days! :yay:

34 days!!!

At SAB, is it easy to find an inner tube not being used? I read that they are pretty much floating around the lazy river, up for grabs. Is that right?

Also, how crowded do the hot tubs usually get at SAB? I stayed at Coronado Springs last year, and the main pool's hot tub was packed! I doubt I'll need the hot tub much in late September, but you never know. :-)

34 days!!!

At SAB, is it easy to find an inner tube not being used? I read that they are pretty much floating around the lazy river, up for grabs. Is that right?

Also, how crowded do the hot tubs usually get at SAB? I stayed at Coronado Springs last year, and the main pool's hot tub was packed! I doubt I'll need the hot tub much in late September, but you never know. :-)
We found it easy to get a tube and there was never anyone in the hot tub (except for me)! Finding a table or chair was the hard part.

Hi tarak. Were you at the Japan pavilion Thursday? I thought I saw you but was too chicken to say anything. It was in the room that's like an art gallery, don't know what it's called. Hope you are enjoying your vacation.

We were! My older daughter said tonight that Epcot is her favorite resort, which makes me so happy, because it's mine, too. We've had a fabulous trip that is ending way too soon. I think the split stay made it harder. I've decided they are just not my thing. I'd rather park myself in one place. As much as I planned to use one set of clothes for the first part of the trip and another set for the second half, it just seemed like we lost a lot of time switching from one place to another. And that's with having a great CM help us with our move.

I wanted to post a few photos of the view from our room. Dee, please use them if they are helpful. We have room 4689. The first two are the view we had from room 4869. Gorgeous room. Well, the third is also from our room. I just wanted to show the view of the fireworks that we had. The picture is sort of lousy, but it should give an idea.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

We're maybe five minutes from the International Gateway. As much as we love SAB, we spent the last two nights at the quiet pool. Last night, I was doing my laundry. Not the most exciting thing, but it needed doing, and it was very convenient.

I'm really hoping to get a magical deal for next summer, because as hot as it is here, i just love it.

Is there anywhere I can find out what products are in Deluxe resorts? (YC and Poly?) I think I've read on here that most people like the stuff, so I'm leaning towards leaving my stuff at home. My hair will be hideous in the humidity anyway so it doesn't really matter what I use! Shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion all in room?

Thanks! 6 days 'til paradise!

I just found it! Sounds like I'm all set.
I'm not sure about the Poly, but the YC uses H2O products. In June of this year, they were using the green shampoo and Conditioner. I can't remember the name. Before that, they were using a grapefruit H2O. There will be shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and lotion. We also received foot rub lotion and sun relief aloe gel.

We always ask for extra shampoo and conditioner because we have 2 daughters with long hair. They usually send a bag full of extras. The products are very nice.

party:

One week until our awesome 6th annual Beach and Yacht Club DISMeet.

We are still working out the exact details (where and when) but it will be next Sunday night, Aug 30, starting around 5:30 pm.

I will be notifying folks by PM with the final plans sometime before Wednesday since that is when I will be leaving for Florida.

In addition to me (natebenma), Disneymomx7, HockeymomR, NinjaMom, Nannette, TeenaS, we have several others who have expressed interest in being there, so I will get you the details.

The Magical One
floridagirl61
Wood Nymph
mi*vida*loca
outahere
kcpinwdw
mimi'sgirl

It you have not let me know that you may be interested in attending, please send me a PM. It is no problem if you are not able to make it last minute. We all understand that "Family Happens" and plans don't always work out the way we expect.

I am so excited to see some dear friends again and to meet some of you who have become a part of this group!

:grouphug:

Last edited:
Dee- I CANT WAIT!!!!!!

I want hear all about your trip to the "Dark Side" too. It sounds like my kids are ready to go back there next year

We are having Grand time despite the wickedly hot weather. Had a fabulous meal at HBD last night then saw Fantasmic. I'm doing early morning laundry and then we are headed to TL

Safe travels and I will SEE YOU REAL SOon!

page 187-190

Through a lot of these pages there were postings about parents dropping their kids off for college. My heart goes out to everyone in this situation. I am already starting to miss my son Nate, who will be a High School Senior this year. I know this year will go by in the blink of an eye.

Here is something that came across my Facebook feed this morning:

college bound.jpg

Just purchased my honeymoon at Beach Club. Going to be there from July 5-13 2016 and staying in a standard room w/ a deluxe dining plan. Now I get to start planning meals and fastpasses with DW. :)

I have you on the Be Our Guest list so I will add your dates.

:love:

Starting to plan for our 25th anniversary next October. Yikes! Where does the time go?

Anyway, we think we are going to book a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas on the Disney Dream then move to the BC to do F&W and MNSSHP after. Has anyone taken the bus or would you suggest getting a car service? Just wondering on the travel time from the ship to the hotel. We thought about trying the GF but DH said we know we love BC so guess we'll save GF for another trip!

Sounds like a fantastic trip to celebrate!!! Please let us know as your plans solidify.

Its official! Airline tickets have been booked and the trip has been paid for - my girl friends and I will be checking in at the BC Nov. 10 for a week long girls trip! We are so excited! :yay:

I just want to thank everyone for adding to the excitement with their glowing reviews and oh so pretty pictures of the BC! :thanks:

:woohoo:

Woohoo! Had this booked but didn't think I could talk hubby into it. Please add DH and I to the BOG list for 10/29-11/2 at BCV for our 25th!

Yay!!!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list for your anniversary trip.

:cool1:

hi all! leaving for BC in 10 days!! Anyone think the wing closest to epcot will be done by then? A few questions, I would read the first post because I know its probably there somewhere but I have a baby who will probably only give me 5 minutes of computer time lol. Do all rooms at BC have balconies, I cant remember? And can babies go in the pool with swim diapers or do they have to stay in the kiddie section? Thanks!

:welcome:

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list, so I will add you to the party.

:goodvibes

Everyone gives such good advice on this thread so I'll ask this here :)

Our first day at the BC will be at SAB then heading into Epcot to the Mickey and gang character spot. I have a very perceptive daughter who is turning 4 during our trip and I just know she is going to ask why the characters are not talking to her - how would you respond to this?

Thanks!

I didn't see any responses to your question. I don't have any good ideas to share. I would probably go with something about mice not being able to speak English (they are dubbed when you see them on tv or movies), but that might be a little elaborate for age 4. Sorry.

:confused:

Last edited:
34 days!!!

HOPE you CAN use the hot tub in Sept...a great way to "soothe" tired muscles at the end of a park day..:cheer2:we LOVED the hot tub at the Grand in Dec..Our last day we relaxed by the pool beautiful sun and hot tub before we left our happy place.:beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter