Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi friends!! Debating on a spring/summer stay for 7 nights. The $$ difference between the Club Deluxe room and the Club Garden Room is minimal. Which is better for a family of 4 (2 sons; 2&6). Are these close to the lounge? Have full balconies? Thanks!!

Hi friends!! Debating on a spring/summer stay for 7 nights. The $$ difference between the Club Deluxe room and the Club Garden Room is minimal. Which is better for a family of 4 (2 sons; 2&6). Are these close to the lounge? Have full balconies? Thanks!!

The deluxe rooms do give you more square footage which is great, however, these rooms are not on the 5th floor, where the lounge is located. You will have club level access for the lounge. The garden view CL rooms are typical room size and are located on the 5th floor. Some deluxe rooms do have balconies and oversized for that matter, however there are deluxe rooms with standing balcony and one is actually on the first floor right by the quiet pool with a nice oversized patio.

Plan A) either borrow a Muumuu from your sister or go to "Muumuu's R Us" (there MUST be one at Disney Springs with all that construction!) and buy a Muumuu to wear around WDW as you tour with your Tween.
Plan B) See if you can get your tween in a picture with Auntie Muumuu and then later on in the year, just before Christmas time, prank your Tween and tell her that shot is this year's holiday card.

ALERT!! Robyn is now in charge of running to every Disney resort's pool bar and checking to see if they have Sunken Treasures on the menus!

~NM

That sounds like a perfect job!
Looks like I'll have to take one for the team and start a Sunken Treasure scouting expedition!

Scott MC, I'm confused. Is Room 4623 one of the CL Deluxe rooms? Your first picture shows the turn-down service which I thought others had said was only CL. If it is one of the deluxe rooms, it doesn't look to me like there is any more space in it than what we normally get in the other rooms which is what I thought the deluxe was supposed to get you. The second question is, what happend to the wooden rack on the night stand that NM was taking flying leaps off of? Did they take these out after hearing all the comments on it? I thought the refurb rooms all had that added to the night-stand. By the way, I really like the picture in the lobby with that good-looking CM. And that view from the room will make sitting outside in the evening that much nicer! Hope you have a great time there.
Katesdad

Scott MC, I'm confused. Is Room 4623 one of the CL Deluxe rooms? Your first picture shows the turn-down service which I thought others had said was only CL. If it is one of the deluxe rooms, it doesn't look to me like there is any more space in it than what we normally get in the other rooms which is what I thought the deluxe was supposed to get you. The second question is, what happend to the wooden rack on the night stand that NM was taking flying leaps off of? Did they take these out after hearing all the comments on it? I thought the refurb rooms all had that added to the night-stand. By the way, I really like the picture in the lobby with that good-looking CM. And that view from the room will make sitting outside in the evening that much nicer! Hope you have a great time there.
Katesdad

Hi there. Not a CL room...but at any deluxe you can call and ask for turndown on a daily basis And of housekeeping can do it, they will. This is a normal sized room. As for the nightstand rack..... I have no idea.

New question -
DD7 is now enthralled with the idea of a ground floor room with a patio rather than higher up with a balcony.
1) Are these rooms plentiful and in standard, GV, and water view categories? I can't envision what that would be like in a standard view. I don't think I've ever seen YC or BC from the street.
2) What is the noise level like, esp near the pools?
3) Any reason to think that the patio would be super small (on the order of the tiny balconies) or do they offer a bit more space and provide chairs?
4) Thoughts on the chances of getting a ground floor room if we request it. (Pretty sure we don't want an HA room, btw).

Checked in yesterday after our flight out was delayed 3hrs. It's pretty crowded at the parks & hot of course, but seems much busier than last Aug. We *love* the BC & our room!!! Got upgraded to GV - we are here on the *** deal.

2nd floor, daybed, full balcony, close to lobby. Took the boat to DHS this AM for EMH. Checking out SAB this PM :).

Hi there. Not a CL room...but at any deluxe you can call and ask for turndown on a daily basis And of housekeeping can do it, they will. This is a normal sized room. As for the nightstand rack..... I have no idea.
Thaks. Guess when I've called in the past they hae just been too darn busy for us. There's always the next time.

Wow that is a great tip. Thanks for sharing that information. Speaking of tips, how much do you tip Mousekeeping for the turn down service. The first time I had it I didn't realize what it was and that you had the OPTION to tip. I usually tip one dollar for the room and one dollar for each person staying as my main room cleaning of the day tip. What do people usually tip for something like a turn down service?

Speaking of tips again, Ninja Mom is going to share one of her favorite room tips. Take a couple of post it notes from home. Write out a "Before You Leave The Room" check list on it.

I put stuff on there like:
Take Magic bands
refillable mugs
camera and any other specific items that we will need like party tickets etc...
straighten room (the boys have to gather the towels and put them on an open dirty bath towel on the floor, put away all their crap off of the beds, etc)
call mousekeeping (if we are leaving for rope drop we come back around/after lunch time so we REQUEST to have the room made up by noon)

You get the idea. This is especially good for preoccupied Tweens and harried, Muumuu wearing Moms. Leaving the room in the morning while you are herding everyone out the door can be a bit of a mental trial of distraction. Putting the elementary school set in charge of this list gives them a sense of supreme power that they can wield over others and ensures that it will be executed with a flourish every time you leave the room.

~NM

Ok. Have to mention the first unpleasant experience of the entire trip.
Hurricane Hannah's.

We sat down and I immediately noticed that the salad I had found on the online menu was not available. Fail.
I then noticed that it was available at the take-out side. Could I get it at the bar? No.
But I can order it then bring it to the bar.

Oooookkkkkk.....

So I go wait in line, and it is so unorganized and I see my salad sit ready for at least 5 or 6 min before they call my name. Frustrating.

The salad? Not close to worth what I paid for it. DP's sandwich? Not available even though printed on the menu and he was not impressed with its replacement.

Service.
I was scared. First of all, no personality, then while we were eating, the bartender went to pour something and the top popped off, and what followed should never have. Total hissy fit. I understand the bartender's frustration with the spill, but throwing things, slamming things, muttering to oneself....inappropriate. We couldn't wait to tip less than 18% ( which we never do.... 20% as a rule for us), and get the heck out of there.

Never again.

Hurricane Hannah's.

We sat down and I immediately noticed that the salad I had found on the online menu was not available. Fail.
I then noticed that it was available at the take-out side. Could I get it at the bar? No.

Oooookkkkkk.....

So I go wait in line, and it is so unorganized and I see my salad sit ready for at least 5 or 6 min before they call my name. Frustrating.

The salad? Not close to worth what I paid for it. DP's sandwich? Not available even though printed on the menu and he was not impressed with its replacement.

Service.
I was scared. First of all, no personality, then while we were eating, the bartender went to pour something and the top popped off, and what followed should never have. Total hissy fit. I understand the bartender's frustration with the spill, but throwing things, slamming things, muttering to oneself....inappropriate. We couldn't wait to tip less than 18% ( which we never do.... 20% as a rule for us), and get the heck out of there.

Never again.

While the BC is my "home" Hurricane Hannah's has never lured me in. When I stayed at the Dolphin a couple of summers ago with my SIL, I found the pool bar over there so enjoyable and relaxing. Drinks and food were wonderful as were the bartenders we encountered. I know it was a couple years ago but if I am going to enjoy a pool bar, that would be the one I would go to. I don't know if you have tried it, but if you have time and are looking for an outside bar, it may be worth giving it a try.

New question -
DD7 is now enthralled with the idea of a ground floor room with a patio rather than higher up with a balcony.
1) Are these rooms plentiful and in standard, GV, and water view categories? I can't envision what that would be like in a standard view. I don't think I've ever seen YC or BC from the street.
3) Any reason to think that the patio would be super small (on the order of the tiny balconies) or do they offer a bit more space and provide chairs?
4) Thoughts on the chances of getting a ground floor room if we request it. (Pretty sure we don't want an HA room, btw).

The ground floors have a small patio with a table and two chairs. I don't think anywhere on the ground floor is considered standard. We just checked out of our ground floor room and we were supposed to be in standard but we were upgraded to garden/water view. We were facing the volleyball court on the lobby side. There was zero noise. We loved it!!!!! I don't think we could have had a more perfect room.

All the rooms on the ground floor surrounding the quiet pool are being refurbished right now (as of two days ago, anyways). We loved swimming in the quiet pool because it was so very quiet. I wouldn't think a room would be too noisy around the quiet pool though, even when all the rooms are finally occupied.

Hurricane Hannah's.

Oooookkkkkk.....

Service.

Never again.[/QUOTE

That's awful we arrive on Oct 7 for our first trip to BC. We usually stay at the WL and love the pool bar. The bartenders are always nice and accommodating. I keep hearing bad things about HH. Bummer

New question -

The ground floor rooms would be the least plentiful of all the floors I would think, since so much of the ground floor is taken up with public areas. And there aren't any standard view ground floor rooms. There are a lot of garden view rooms, though. The lagoon view rooms would be the nicest category of all. The best location for a ground floor room in my opinion would be the volleyball courtyard since that is set back and no one walks in front of those rooms. Many of the ground floor rooms facing Epcot have patios that are adjacent to the sidewalk. There isn't much of a setback between the patio and the sidewalk. People would be walking past your rooms, especially those going to the villas. We had two ground floor room facing the lagoon with the wide grassy areas in front of them. Those were fantastic. We also had room 1501 next to the secret entrance and that was like Grand Central Station, no privacy at all.

The second question is, what happend to the wooden rack on the night stand that NM was taking flying leaps off of? Did they take these out after hearing all the comments on it? I thought the refurb rooms all had that added to the night-stand.

We didn't have one in our room. From the pictures I've seen only the club level rooms have those night stands, but I could be wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter