Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

only 296 days until we're back home at the BC!! :worship: and :sad2:...

this will be a 4 year gap since our last trip and can't wait to be back!!

I shall pass the time reading about everyone's trips!!

thanks again for the fabulous (and informational) thread!! :worship:

Our next trip is 4 years almost to the day of our last trip.

We are super excited!!!!!

Hi All! I have a what would you do question...

We arrive at BC on Saturday, and we have booked an adjoining room with my daughter and her husband. A week ago, when discussing the "don't forget" list, I mentioned the luggage tags to my daughter. As you can probably guess where this is going, she never received these. I called the TA, who ordered new tags, but unless they arrive in tomorrow's mail, we will need to travel with out them (the tags, not the daughter & her husband, LOL). So, heres the what would you do part -

I was told that if the tags do not arrive, we are to show our Magic Bands (we have those) at check in with Magical Express and provide them with the white luggage tag we received at departure, and they will ensure the luggage gets to BC. Have any of you done this with success, or do you think its safer to just pick up the bag from the baggage carousel and THEN get in line at Magical Express?

Thanks in advance!

~Christine

Does anyone know the cost of the ceramics and tie dye Mickey shirt activities at the resort? Thanks in advance!

So my nephew is in DL and was having breakfast when he spotted MATT DAMON. Swoon! Anyway, he didn't want to bug him but Jason Bourne is in the background of a couple of character pics. Then he joked about Ben Affleck because nephew is a huge Batman fan. Anyway, it's kind of weird that Ben was in MK while Matt was in DL. Like they share a brain!

ETA: I realize that had nothing to do with anything, but it was very exciting texting with dear nephew (who wants to be a face character) this morning!

We arrive at BC on Saturday, and we have booked an adjoining room with my daughter and her husband. A week ago, when discussing the "don't forget" list, I mentioned the luggage tags to my daughter. As you can probably guess where this is going, she never received these. I called the TA, who ordered new tags, but unless they arrive in tomorrow's mail, we will need to travel with out them (the tags, not the daughter & her husband, LOL). So, heres the what would you do part -

I was told that if the tags do not arrive, we are to show our Magic Bands (we have those) at check in with Magical Express and provide them with the white luggage tag we received at departure, and they will ensure the luggage gets to BC. Have any of you done this with success, or do you think its safer to just pick up the bag from the baggage carousel and THEN get in line at Magical Express?

Thanks in advance!

~Christine
I was told that you could do this, too. But personally, if I didn't have that yellow luggage tag, I would pick up my luggage myself. The bus driver will put it in the luggage compartment for you, and you can have bell services bring it to you room.

I initially asked about the Poly. But honestly, I don't know that I'll bother. I love it here. Objectively, there was nothing wrong with the WL. It just wasn't a great fit. BC is. So why try to fix what isn't broke?
We went for almost 20 years of going only to the BC. We didn't want to stay anywhere else. But we finally decided to try the Wilderness Lodge since we love that north woods stuff. And we fell in love. But as you can see, we still come back to the BC. Our DD2 stayed with us at the WL twice and really liked how it was convenient for young kids with Roaring Forks and the boat to MK. But now they are returning to the BC with us in Oct because that is where their heart is. :)

How long does it take to walk through Epcot from Beach Club and catch the monorail to the Magic Kingdom? Is this quicker than taking a bus to the Magic Kingdom?

How long does it take to walk through Epcot from Beach Club and catch the monorail to the Magic Kingdom? Is this quicker than taking a bus to the Magic Kingdom?

Definitely NOT quicker. The bus ride takes 15-20 minutes, plus whatever wait time for the bus to arrive.

To get to MK from IG:

5 min BC to IG
25-30 min walk to front of park
Wait for Monorail to arrive
Monorail from EP to TTC (15-20 min)
Change Monorails, TTC to MK, ride to MK (10 min)

It can be fun to do if you have other stops you are making in EPCOT and we often take the monorail back to the BC from MK but it is not quicker.

:)

Thanks in advance!

~Christine
Just read a discussion of this very topic on another thread, and several people reported having no issues using their white tags at ME check in.

I'm with Wood Nymph, though, I'd probably just do it myself.

YAY, for room savings per night! LOVE IT!:thumbsup2 Wow, COMPREHENSIVE TR from 2013 at HR..Room 5112, garden view seemed lovely....LOVE the pics of the HR pool(REALLY NICE POOL), menus from Rockaway Beach Club, and "WALK this way" is a GREAT HELP!:cheer2: So, to get a AAA rate, one has to call the HR DIRECTLY?:confused3 When I called the toll free number on the Universal Resorts website and spoke to a CS rep, they said that rates for May have not been released to try back in a few months as it gets closer to May...THANKS again!:goodvibes

Glad you enjoyed the review.

We adored the view from our Hard Rock room, even if there was not a balcony. That is probably the biggest downside to the Universal resorts for me.

I have an even shorter shortcut to City Walk from the Hard Rock in my Freezing Florida trip report- I plan on timing it from lobby to City Walk bag check next week, if I remember.

You can call the toll free Universal Resorts number to see if there is a AAA discount on the rooms during your stay, but as the person advised you, you have to keep checking periodically to see if the rates are released yet.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
I have an even shorter shortcut to City Walk from the Hard Rock in my Freezing Florida trip report- I plan on timing it from lobby to City Walk bag check next week, if I remember.

Should I admit to everyone on this thread that this past New Years Eve, we tried to dine at Hard Rock Universal, got there, parked, went inside, figured How Hard Would It Be To Walk to City Walk instead and enjoy the night................and couldn't figure out how to get there :rolleyes1

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to check in.
We left CR on Wed. to check in at BC, and boy are we glad to be home! Our check-in experience was perfect and we were given a beautiful room on the 4th floor with a full balcony and a gorgeous water view. There's not much to say. Everything has been perfect. We are SO glad to be here!

image.jpg image.jpg

page 178-181

At this rate, by the time I catch up on this thread it will be time for me to go again. Oh, well. There are worse problems to have!

;)

I think I just spent all evening catching up on this thread and checking up on what's been happening in the eight months since I got to visit the BC. Right now I'm in the midst of planning a potential trip in February 2016, which will be my first with friends over my normal Disney buddy (Mommy dearest). Coordinating what could be 4 different flights (one of which is overseas), where to find the cheapest rate, and organizing potential reservations.... Clearly I must have had a few Sunken Treasures when I volunteered to take on the unofficial role of Travel Agent.

I just have a quick question when it comes to CL rooms. From what Disney's website could tell me, only standard view can accommodate 5 people. Is it a daybed provided or a pull-out queen couch? My mom and I were lucky enough to be upgraded (we're talking a full bucket 'o pixie dust) this past January to a Lagoon View CL room (from a normal Garden View) and I can't imagine the total lack of space with a pull out couch. For what it's worth, we'll probably be trying to book the YC for February because the potential for construction means possible discounts.

:welcome: back!

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list for February for your friends trip.

:woohoo:

I believe you are correct- groups/families of 5 are only able to book SV at Club Level, I believe at both BC and YC resorts. The GV and WV rooms at CL have very few daybeds, so they can't accommodate larger groups. I don't know if any additional rooms received daybeds at BC after the remodel- I haven't heard one way or the other.

I don't think there are any pullout couches in the resort rooms (but I could be wrong)- as far as I know it is only daybeds in some of the rooms.

Hi Everyone!

Haven't posted in ages but I have been following along and living vicariously through everyone's recent trips...We are leaving for the BC in just 5 days, woohoo! It's our 25th Anniversary trip, but we are taking our 22 and 24 year old daughter and son with us. We actually spent our Honeymoon at the "new" Caribbean Beach :love: 25 years ago. We have been to Disney several times in the past couple of years and just can't seem to tear ourselves away from the Beach Club...it's our Disney "home", and we can't wait for next week to get back there! With the kids of "drinking age", it's great to be close to Epcot and the Boardwalk..funny how your Disney priorities change over the years, lol!:rolleyes:

We booked a standard view with the Magical Deal, so I will try to report on our room and view when we check in......Just needed to chime in and share in everyone's excitement, especially with all of my fellow Massachusetts neighbors!

:wave2:

I'm late wishing you safe travels, but I hope you are having a fantastic trip, and, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

:love:

It looks like the BC CL lounge doesn't stock Coke Zero. Can anyone confirm?

:welcome: to this thread.

Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1?

:cool2:

Coke Zero is not typically offered in the BC CL lounge. I don't know how accommodating the staff is about providing items like this upon request. If you have a CL reservation, my suggestion to you is to email the IPO in advance of your trip and ask if they are able to get some for you. Or ask while you are there. I honestly don't know if they are able to get it for you, but it never hurts to ask.

::yes::

Sadly I will need to be removed from the Be Our Guest list, I moved my April stay to BWV. I didn't want to have to hope for one of the handful of refurbed rooms. Good news for others though, with my luck, by moving resorts I have guaranteed the refurb will start and be 90% done by the end of April lol. But if there is a great sale I hope to switch back to a regular room at BC.

You gotta do what you gotta do!

I'll change your listing.

Feel free to keep hanging around with us if you want.

:goodvibes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter