Defunct Disney restaurants

Gourmet Pantry @ Disney Village....from the 80s...NOT the redone Gourmet/Mickey Pantry from the early 2000's

I really miss the home stores of the past. We bought some great Mickey shaped candles & soaps years ago. I haven't seen anything like that in awhile. The kitchen store was great also.

I LOVED this place!!! Also the adjoining kitchen store. I drove my husband (boyfriend at time) nuts begging for the Mickey waffle maker for Christmas they sold there (it had four small Mickey waffle heads instead of one larger Mickey waffle) . I had regretted not buying it when we visited but somehow he found it and I still use it. That store had the coolest, cutest Mickey appliances and other kitchen things there. The pantry side sold fudge and unique cookies and candies but also chips and other food things like a Wawa. Also, way back in the 70's and 80's the Village itself had very unique stores, like a store that sold topiaries and other plants. Everything now seems so homogenized.

Also, does anyone have any interior pictures of Spoodles? I can't find much on the internet, just the exterior facade (for the most part)!

Right, but Kouzzina didn't replace Spoodles until 2009, I believe. Was there another upscale restaurant at the Boardwalk in 2005?

This is from the D23 website: Spoodles Restaurant at the BoardWalk Resort at Walt Disney World; opened July 1, 1996. It closed August 1, 2009, to become the Greek-themed Kouzzina.

This is from the D23 website: Spoodles Restaurant at the BoardWalk Resort at Walt Disney World; opened July 1, 1996. It closed August 1, 2009, to become the Greek-themed Kouzzina.

Right, so I'm guessing the restaurant I'm thinking of is Spoodles because I'm pretty certain it wasn't Flying Fish. But I can't find any pics of Spoodles interior!

I LOVED this place!!! Also the adjoining kitchen store. I drove my husband (boyfriend at time) nuts begging for the Mickey waffle maker for Christmas they sold there (it had four small Mickey waffle heads instead of one larger Mickey waffle) . I had regretted not buying it when we visited but somehow he found it and I still use it. That store had the coolest, cutest Mickey appliances and other kitchen things there. The pantry side sold fudge and unique cookies and candies but also chips and other food things like a Wawa. Also, way back in the 70's and 80's the Village itself had very unique stores, like a store that sold topiaries and other plants. Everything now seems so homogenized.

The Village had a store called the "Pottery Chalet"....they sold LARGE outdoor planters...can't recall them selling topiaries BUT I could be wrong! lol

Adventurer's Club for drinks.
While the restaurant is still there, I miss the characters from LTT dinners. Not worth paying the price without characters. We use to have great character interactions there.

I loved going to Alfredo's.
Tusker House when it was a CS was our favorite place for breakfast (the biscuits were amazing).

Now I am really going to show my age but the Diamond Horseshoe Review. My dad was the fairy once. Sadly we didn't get any pictures.

No comments yet about Aunt Polly's on TSI? I know it's open on the very rare occasion, but I don't think it's even "seasonally" open, correct? On my one trip as a youngster we sat there and I remember eating a PB&J that was on a paper plate and wrapped in plastic wrap.

Couple years ago I sat on the little gazebo near Aunt Polly's that overlooks HM eating a made-at-the-hotel PB&J and I had this flood of memories to being 12 again!

I wish Aunt Polly's would come back, such a great place to take a break and have a treat. ::yes::

I miss the Noodle restaurant at Tomorrowland Terrace. We would smell the bowls while on the Peoplemover and start drooling before we could get there.

While the restaurant is still there, I miss the characters from LTT dinners. Not worth paying the price without characters. We use to have great character interactions there.
I have the cutest pic of my nephew with Minnie giving him a kiss for his birthday at LTT. He was 13 and turned beet red. :love:

I miss the Fireworks Factory, Tangaroa Terrace, Papeete Bay Verandah, the Steerman's Quarters, Bonfamille's Cafe, and Crockett's Tavern.

Fireworks Factory was a number one! We always stayed at Port Orleans (before they had to add "French Quarter" to the name) and would eat at Bonfamille's every trip.

Anyone have interior pictures of Spoodles? Is the interior much different than Trattoria al Forno?

Gourmet Pantry @ Disney Village....from the 80s...NOT the redone Gourmet/Mickey Pantry from the early 2000's
When we stayed in the townhouses at the Disney Village Resort (now Saratoga Springs?) in 1989, we'd go here to get croissants for our breakfasts. They still stand as the best croissants ever in my mind.

I have pics from there with the characters dressed for Halloween because it was a party night! That must have been around 1999, or 2000...

Anyone have interior pictures of Spoodles? Is the interior much different than Trattoria al Forno?
unfortunately I do not, I went there when I was in college, but I think it was more modern wood looking? (if that is a thing) more open than trattoria? But same-ish light wood colors....but I only went there once when my old manager transferred over there....

Tusker House when it was a CS was our favorite place for breakfast (the biscuits were amazing).

Now I am really going to show my age but the Diamond Horseshoe Review. My dad was the fairy once. Sadly we didn't get any pictures.

I do remember the show in the 90's, that was fun....

but I STILL lament the loss of Tusker House the CS (I LOVE Tusker House nowadays, but....) because the chicken salad was my FAVVVVVVVOORRIITTEEE......I really think that was one of the reasons I went to AK every week, well that, and Tarzan Rocks :)

Papeete Bay Veranda...Minnie's Menehune Breakfast...

I have a badge from that event! It's pink with Minnie on it, it's on display with some other Disney memorabilia in my Disney themed basement bathroom.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter