Defunct Disney restaurants

tgbanks3

Mouseketeer
Was discussing Disney restaurants last night at dinner with a few others and one couple mentioned that there favorite place was a place called Alfredo's or Fredo's in Epcot. I didn't want to tell them there was no such place in Epcot, or anywhere in Disney that I'm aware of. I believe it's been several years since they were last there. Was there once a restaurant with this name? Or should I chalk this up to some imaginary experience they both had in their younger days?

Your friend is correct. The Italy Pavilion had a TS restaurant called Alfredo's. When Disney ended their relationship with Alfedos it was closed and reopened as Tutto Italia.

Your friend is correct. The Italy Pavilion had a TS restaurant called Alfredo's. When Disney ended their relationship with Alfedos it was closed and reopened as Tutto Italia.

So did it change with a totally different menu or is the menu the same, just a change of name?

I don't think there's a restaurant anywhere that has the same menu that it had 8 years ago. It's menu is traditional Italian, with much than the usual pizza/spaghetti/ chicken parm that you get at some places. But my favourite Fettuccine Alfredo is gone.

I don't think there's a restaurant anywhere that has the same menu that it had 8 years ago. It's menu is traditional Italian, with much than the usual pizza/spaghetti/ chicken parm that you get at some places. But my favourite Fettuccine Alfredo is gone.

Yeah, my family will only eat alfredo when it comes to Italian, so I'm out of luck there.

Another thread was talking about MK restaurants in early '80s. One poster had a map of the park. I saw Adventureland Veranda on it. I know that space (empty now) is being refurbed to a new Jungle Cruise-themed restaurant. But I'm curious if anyone here knows what sort of food and theme the old Adventureland Veranda had. We never ate there.

I loved the Adventureland Veranda. It had the best Chicken Teriyaki sandwiches. They topped the sandwich with a slice of pineapple.

I was actually disappointed in the Fettucini Alfredo at Alfredo's. It was very different that the version they serve at Alfredo's in Rome. The waiter we had that night actually lived near the restaurant in Rome and agreed with me. He recommended another pasta dish was so yummy.

i miss the Concourse steakhouse in CR (now the QS restaurant and Chef Mickeys)

AMAZING steak and atmosphere watching the monorails. I ate twice last week at the QS diner at CR just for that ambiance

I liked the Concourse Steak house too! Back in the late 80's or early 90's there was another restaurant where Crystal Place is now that made the best sandwiches. I even bought the cookbook that had the sandwich in it I liked it so much. I forget what both are called and I am too lazy to get the cookbook out!

I liked the Concourse Steak house too! Back in the late 80's or early 90's there was another restaurant where Crystal Place is now that made the best sandwiches. I even bought the cookbook that had the sandwich in it I liked it so much. I forget what both are called and I am too lazy to get the cookbook out!
I believe it was still called the Crystal Palace. It was my Dad's favorite restaurant and he still complains about it becoming a buffet.

The fettuccine alfredo from Alfredo's is now available on the lunch menu at The Brown Derby.

Another fan of Concourse Steakhouse here! Used to be one of my favorite places to eat for the food and the ambience (like a pp mentioned, I too still go to Contempo Cafe just for that ambiance) plus the make your own desserts. As a kid, I loved that! That said, I still like Contempo Cafe as well. Ate at Alfredo's once and liked it quite a bit if I recall correctly. I like Via Napoli (it moved in next door a few years after TI opened I think) a tad better, but still, both were good Italian options at Epcot. One thing's for sure, Alfredo's blew away TI. Way too stuck up for me and I've always found to be way overpriced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter