• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Defunct Disney restaurants

Spoodles!
1936002_1189615142830_3371645_n_zpsagppimtg.jpg

The fettuccine alfredo from Alfredo's is now available on the lunch menu at The Brown Derby.
It is not. The recipe for Alfredo sauce is actually trademarked and is not available outside of Alfredo’s restaurant

It is not. The recipe for Alfredo sauce is actually trademarked and is not available outside of Alfredo’s restaurant
I can’t speak to weather the Brown Derby Alfredo is classic Alfredo and not some cream based sauce, but Alfredo Sauce is definitely not trademarked.

I miss Spoodles too. On our honeymoon we had an amazing meal at Fulton's. I recently booked LTT for our upcoming trip and was surprised that they don't have the characters there anymore. It seems like such a natural spot for them.

I miss Liberty Tree Tavern when it was character dining. I miss Main Street Bakery before Disney sold out and put a Starbucks in it instead. And I also miss Captains Grill, especially the breakfast buffet they had was decent.

I remember eating at "Alfredos" when I was a teen. Our waiter was "Lorenzo". Looked very Italian with a heavy Italian accent. My father often worked in Italy and was asking him questions about where he was from. My father was familiar with the area he said and was asking a bunch of questions and questioning what he was saying. To us kids, it was quite embarrassing, but apparently the pressure and gig got to much for "Lorenzo" he finally confessed, in a regular American accent, his name was Michael and he was from NY!!! Ill never forget it!

I don't think there's a restaurant anywhere that has the same menu that it had 8 years ago. It's menu is traditional Italian, with much than the usual pizza/spaghetti/ chicken parm that you get at some places. But my favourite Fettuccine Alfredo is gone.
Yep, of course they are on of only TWO, the other being their other location, I forget where places in the world that could legitimately serve Fettuccine Alfredo, as they quite literally invented it, well Alfredo did and the name means Alfredo's Fettuccine, so anyone else serving it is lying unless their name happens to be Alfredo as well.

I can’t speak to weather the Brown Derby Alfredo is classic Alfredo and not some cream based sauce, but Alfredo Sauce is definitely not trademarked.
Actually, the specific recipe is copyrighted, not trademarked, anything served elsewhere is simply a copycat and they may get close, but it won't be exact.

I assume you meant copyright and not trademark. Trademark's are used for company names, logo's etc. Recipes can not be copyrighted.
Actually, recipes can and often are copyrighted, they cannot however be trademarked, although the name of a recipe could be trademarked.

Regardless of recipe source, Brown Derby removed this from their lunch offerings quite some time ago. I was disappointed, it was very good.

Does anyone else remember Ariel's at the Yacht Club? I always looked forward to a dinner there, to us it was really special. The food was excellent, but I most remember the beautiful décor. We used to see celebrities there sometimes; I can remember Mariah Carey and the Sony guy (her first husband, I think) and Bryant Gumbel. I was told that after it closed they used it for formal events and meetings.

Ariel’s is probably my most missed restaurant. It used to be our go-to place for special occasions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter