• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Defunct Disney restaurants

Can someone help me figure out where I might have eaten in the then MGM studios that had an Aladdin theme? It wasn’t a character meal; pretty sure it was CS.

Was that the old Soundstage restaurant?
Thank you!
I looked it up and it looked familiar. Apparently it was a character meal in the morning and buffet after that. I remembered a golden camel; didn’t realize they are the ones at the Magic Carpets in MK now.

unfortunately I do not, I went there when I was in college, but I think it was more modern wood looking? (if that is a thing) more open than trattoria? But same-ish light wood colors....but I only went there once when my old manager transferred over there....

That's pretty much what I remember I think, I'd love to see some pics, though!

Not sure if this counts, but Main Street Bakery. It was one of the few places where they made fresh baked goods if I remember correctly.

Found a few pics of Spoodles interior
1934970_68941913177_446532_n_zpsg2ujirw1.jpg

1934970_68941908177_5701466_n_zpshtuqme07.jpg
4582_1097956441586_4879725_n_zps6e4zsmqb.jpg

We miss spoodles also!

What I really miss is the original pastries in the Main Street bakery. The raisin thing they used to have and the apple turnovers.

Kat Kora's Kouzzina: Oh, how I miss thee

That breakfast! The yogurt! Holy moly! I hate breakfast and especially hate yogurt so it was really something special. I've been trying to find Greek yogurt the same consistency ever since, nothing comes close.

I have spent my adult life trying to find a fettucini alfredo like Alfredo's had...to no avail.

I'm afraid that you will have to travel to Italy for the only (I believe) other Alfredos in the world. It was a special agreement DIsNEY worked out to make EPCOT POP!

Assuming you know that Fettucine Alfredo was originated there...

I'm afraid that you will have to travel to Italy for the only (I believe) other Alfredos in the world. It was a special agreement DIsNEY worked out to make EPCOT POP!

Assuming you know that Fettucine Alfredo was originated there...
I make it, and I am tired of people asking me where the cream is. When I reply about Epcot once having proper Alfredo, I always get met with a “but it’s Disney and they ruin everything response.” At which point I have to never talk to them again.

I make it, and I am tired of people asking me where the cream is. When I reply about Epcot once having proper Alfredo, I always get met with a “but it’s Disney and they ruin everything response.” At which point I have to never talk to them again.
... but seriously, no cream? ;)

Never had the chance to go to Alfredo’s but I’ve been making fettuccine Alfredo for like 20 years with just cream, butter and parm. What am I missing?

Just ditch the cream and you’re there. Should be made with fresh egg noodles, too.
Interesting! Pasta water to hold it all together? Totally agreed on the fresh pasta.

P.S. I was worried you were going to say you use cream cheese. I was going to have to get feisty!

Last edited:
We miss spoodles also!

What I really miss is the original pastries in the Main Street bakery. The raisin thing they used to have and the apple turnovers.
I loved those turnovers! And then they closed Starring Rolls...

How about Pollo Campero? It replaced McD's at Downtown Disney....I honestly don't know anyone who ate there! Didn't last very long either! lol
We ate there in 2010. You're correct in that it wasn't there very long. Glad we were able to try it.

I don't know if you've had the chance to try the Alfredo on the new menu at Via Napoli. We were there a couple of weeks ago and it might have been the best thing I ever put in my mouth. We fought over it and left the pizza!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter