DAS Approval/Denial with New DAS Guidelines START 5/20 WDW & 6/18 DL

Was your DAS request approved?

• YES

Votes: 137 59.3%
  • NO

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • Return to Queue (Official name is Attraction Queue Return)

Votes: 32 13.9%
  • OTHER

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • Other Accommodations discussed or suggested

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Cognitive/Neurodivergent/Developmental Disability - DAS APPROVED (added 8/18/24)

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • Cognitive/Neurodivergent/Developmental Disability - DAS NOT approved (added 8/18/24)

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Physical/Medical disability - DAS APPROVED (added 8/18/24)

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • Physical/Medical disability - DAS NOT approved (added 8/18/24)

Votes: 9 3.9%

• Total voters
When my party applied, only selected three total.

To be clear, If the DAS holder does visit with other F&F currently linked to the MDE, we can call in and request modifying the party’s individuals that would be with them on that trip?
The other day, my DAS approval CM told me as long as the party members are already in your F&F, you can modify your DAS party in the DAS chat or the regular MDE chat: it does NOT require a video call or even using the DAS-specific chat function. You can also do it in person at GR in the parks, but that might actually wind up being via chat on their iPad, so not worth waiting if there’s a line there.

I’ll add that while requesting a DAS return time in MDE yesterday, I noticed a note in there saying the same thing: that if I wanted to modify my party, I could do so via the MDE chat function. Maybe that was always there and I just never noticed? Or it may be new(ish).

Last edited:
A 2 hour long call to determine DAS eligibility!? My goodness. The waits themselves are bad enough, but a 2 hr call is just. Yikes. I'm glad you were approved after all that!
Thank you …the crazy part is that I was connected to the first CM in less than 5 minutes, which made me hope it would go quickly :faint:

The other day, my DAS approval CM told me as long as the party members are already in your F&F, you can modify your DAS party in the DAS chat or the regular MDE chat: it does NOT require a video call or even using the DAS-specific chat function. You can also do it in person at GR in the parks, but that might actually wind up being via chat on their iPad, so not worth waiting if there’s a line there.

I’ll add that while requesting a DAS return time in MDE yesterday, I noticed a note in there saying the same thing: that if I wanted to modify my party, I could do so via theMDE cat function. Maybe that was always there and I just never noticed? Or it may be new(ish).
Just to temper that... I believe you are usually a solo guest who might meet up with others (solos or pairs) in the parks, correct? There have definitely been folks approved for DAS but had their party limited and unable to even add adult siblings to a DAS for a minor sibling. So the ability to add/change those linked to a DAS may not be the same for all.

Just to temper that... I believe you are usually a solo guest who might meet up with others (solos or pairs) in the parks, correct? There have definitely been folks approved for DAS but had their party limited and unable to even add adult siblings to a DAS for a minor sibling. So the ability to add/change those linked to a DAS may not be the same for all.
Kind of… I’m an AP and the first day for which I was requesting DAS I knew I’d be visiting solo, so at the time I did my interview, I didn’t ask for anyone else to be part of my DAS party. But the CM specifically told me they approved me for a party of up to 4, in case I might want to visit with others in the future, and that I could just go through the chat to modify my party as needed. They specifically told me they want to keep the video calls reserved for registration only, and want to use chat for pretty much everything else.

So agreed: if one has already been approved to use DAS with other guests, not just as a solo visitor, it seems they can make modifications to who is part of their party via MDE or DAS chat. I don’t think the chat alone allows one to get approval for a larger party size if originally only approved for themselves.

Hi all. Could someone please provide recent exerpriences of whether with the new rules, some exceptions are made for solo travelers?
If someone without a developmental disability (i won't give details, but was approved under old rules), but traveling solo with date based ticket and staying onsite, would be approved under the new rules?
all these return to line options would obviously not work in this case since solo traveler.

if one has already been approved to use DAS with other guests, not just as a solo visitor, it seems they can make modifications to who is part of their party via MDE or DAS chat.
As much as I'd like to think that's possible -- I would need to see first-hand reports that it's working for some of these parties who had DAS approved as "party of 4" (2 parents + 2 minor children) and a 3rd adult child (20-yr-old) was NOT allowed to be added to the DAS. Not that DAS wasn't extended to allow for 5, but the additional "adult child" was specifically not linked to the DAS to even allow for flexibility in the riding party.

Now maybe that has changed in recent weeks. I haven't been following as many other sites as I was earlier. But that was not an unusual situation this summer so it does NOT sound like everyone can simply modify who is part of their party.

Hi all. Could someone please provide recent exerpriences of whether with the new rules, some exceptions are made for solo travelers?
If someone without a developmental disability (i won't give details, but was approved under old rules), but traveling solo with date based ticket and staying onsite, would be approved under the new rules?
all these return to line options would obviously not work in this case since solo traveler.
There are definitely reports of individuals approved for DAS without a developmental disability. I wouldn't say they are "exceptions" because it all comes down to explaining your needs. If DAS is not approved, the Attraction Queue Re-entry (AQR) would be the most likely accommodation offered, and how it works for solos will be determined by the CM at each attraction. It may vary but it can be done for solo guests as well as parties.

As much as I'd like to think that's possible -- I would need to see first-hand reports that it's working for some of these parties who had DAS approved as "party of 4" (2 parents + 2 minor children) and a 3rd adult child (20-yr-old) was NOT allowed to be added to the DAS. Not that DAS wasn't extended to allow for 5, but the additional "adult child" was specifically not linked to the DAS to even allow for flexibility in the riding party.

Now maybe that has changed in recent weeks. I haven't been following as many other sites as I was earlier. But that was not an unusual situation this summer so it does NOT sound like everyone can simply modify who is part of their party.
I forgot about those. I still think it’s an odd way to do it, but I guess I can make a case for if the DAS user has 3 other people approved to join them, a party of 5 or more can figure it out among themselves how they’d like to divide up for each attraction and the DAS user always has at least one person available to join them. And I see what you’re saying - in my case, I’m basically a solo party who sometimes has a person or two from my F&F list join me for a few hours, not an entire trip: it makes sense to leave it fluid as to who might be part of my DAS party on any given day. But I also haven’t tried adding anyone yet, so who knows if it will actually work as it was described to me by the CM? I’ll report back when that day comes!

DLR. Did not get through on the phone and tried in person yesterday. Did not expect to be approved and sadly was correct.

What I certainly did not expect was being grilled about 'what other accomodations I had made here', after they pushed me renting an ECV which does not help my medicsl condition in any way. Lady, I am trying to get you to help me get accomodations?

In the end I was very thinly veiled asked how I could be on my own when I was so sick.

This situation is a freaking lawsuit waiting to happen.

First time DAS applicate or have had DAS in the past?
- If it is not your first time, did the process go differently?
Approved for DAS? Give other options?
- If given another option please explain the process!

Applied for WDW, last-minute trip

DD has had DAS on multiple prior trips.

Process was pretty much the same, though I gave a more detailed reasoning from the get go than I had needed to give in the past, based on these conversations over the last few months. Video call was 5 mins or less.

Approved for DAS, party of 3 (2 adults, 1 tween who is the DAS holder).

If you don't have date based tickets, you do still need to have theme park reservations for each day, not just linked tickets. The CM gave me a few mins before starting the video chat to make those reservations. (I thought linking tickets would be enough since preselects are no longer a thing).

Wait was also short. Got on just after 7pm EST, started written chat around 7:30, needed time for the theme park reservations, was done with the video chat between 7:40-45.

There are definitely reports of individuals approved for DAS without a developmental disability. I wouldn't say they are "exceptions" because it all comes down to explaining your needs. If DAS is not approved, the Attraction Queue Re-entry (AQR) would be the most likely accommodation offered, and how it works for solos will be determined by the CM at each attraction. It may vary but it can be done for solo guests as well as parties.

Just did the chat today. over in less than 5 mins.
was denied and offered AQR instead. when i asked how would that work for a solo traveler, the CM did not give any information and just said check with every CM at every attraction. I didn't have it in me to argue too much as she seemed determined that i did not qualify even with the fact that im traveling solo.
I just called guest services and cancelled my trip. GL everyone.

I applied for DAS this morning for my DD who is 26 who has severe intellectual disabilities , non verbal ( not autism) and medical. I didn’t mention anything about her medical needs.She uses a wheelchair but I didn’t mention that.I got on right at 7 and got connected right away. It only took a few minutes and my DD was approved. We were approved the end of June too. She asked a few questions again why she couldn’t stand in line and I explained why and she was approved right away for 240 days because we have DVC and annual pass. She said they just extended the time for DVC members and those who Have AP. My sister went on at 715 and got connected right away and applied for her adult DD who is in her 30’s. She has autism. My sister explained why she couldn’t wait in the lines and the CM asked her daughter questions and then she was approved. It took 5 minutes. She also was approved for 240 days because we have DVC and annual pass. She said they just changed it.

I wonder if the 240 days is for the 2nd approval or everyone with DVC? It sounds like in both your cases it was your 2nd approval.

I wonder if the 240 days is for the 2nd approval or everyone with DVC? It sounds like in both your cases it was your 2nd approval.
I don’t think it is for second approval as this was the first time my sister got it for her DD. The CM said it was new so it must have changed today. She said it was for DVC members and those who have AP

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest